ADVERTISEMENT

Looking for questions to ask a Bible study group.

ThreeToMakeTwo

All-Big Ten
Oct 2, 2001
Hello. I lead a Bible study group and am looking for questions to ask the peeps in my group. I don't have any restrictions so whatever is on your mind is game. I can't promise to answer these, at least right away, because this is for a year long project. Thank you.

Reactions: IUHoosier23
Hello. I lead a Bible study group and am looking for questions to ask the peeps in my group. I don't have any restrictions so whatever is on your mind is game. I can't promise to answer these, at least right away, because this is for a year long project. Thank you.
You should take a poll on masturbation. That seems to be a popular topic.

Reactions: patrick593
This may require a huge bag of popcorn, and a side of Milk Duds.

Jesus_facepalm.jpg

Reactions: Oxford Collapse

• Why does God watch us masturbate?

• Who cleaned up all the dinosaur crap on the Ark?

Reactions: patrick593

• Why is Satan considered evil when it was God that committed genocide on a global scale?

If He meant for us all to be Mormon, why didn't he make Joseph Smith's story more believable?

• Why does God constantly ask for gold. What does he do with it?

If He meant for us all to be Mormon, why didn't he make Joseph Smith's story more believable?

He didn't mean for us to be mormons. He meant to say morons and it got recorded incorrectly. So far, though, the plan has been spectacularly successful in Lexington, KY, West Lafayette, IN, and the Peegs basketball boards.

Do you all think the gheys are served pizza in heaven or do they have to go down to purgatory if they want a slice?

"Do you think your group leader is ghey?"

Mine would be this. If most of the world believes salvation is by one's own personal merit, and the Christian belief is that salvation is by grace through faith alone in Christ, then why did God set it up this way? Discuss!

Mine would be this. If most of the world believes salvation is by one's own personal merit, and the Christian belief is that salvation is by grace through faith alone in Christ, then why did God set it up this way? Discuss!

Then follow it up with: "Who here is into cuckolding, and do you think my wife is hot? Discuss!"

Obviously he's a racist. So..

• Why is God such a Racist?

If Tom Crean just prayed more, would he be a better basketball coach?

Out of the thousands of religions in the world , what makes yours the right one?

Why is god such a dick?

god-watching-tv.jpg

How is it that a god so powerful to have the ability to create the universe failed so miserably at seeing to it that all his creation would know of his existence and his purported love for them? I could believe in the concept of a god creating all this. In fact I did for most of my life since that was what I was taught. What I can't believe is that if he did, that the vast majority of his creation has never known it. Let that sink in for a minute.

And, why is it that a god, again so powerful to have created such an obviously exquisite and vast universe, created such an environment and set of circumstances that have directly resulted in an incomprehensibly miserable existence for untold bazillions of his beloved creation? If an omnipotent god made all this, wouldn't you think he'd have done a better job? Sure, there is a lot of beauty to marvel at everywhere but shouldn't he be considered personally responsible for the billions who have suffered unspeakable horrors, or perhaps less dramatically, quietly lived miserable lives and died broken and alone due to the conditions they faced unequipped to overcome in this world he created? Fact: Many, many people, due to having simply been born that way, do not have the capacity for proper social skills and good judgement requisite to live normal, happy, fulfilled lives, and as a result of their defects are doomed to live out their bleak lives in poverty, pain and despair. Who's fault is that?

Have a nice day :)

Reactions: burnthemallralphie
This is teh OTF, and dumb people on the OTF are like a wounded gazelle on the Serengeti.

Prey.

And, it is well known to never get between a lion and it's prey.
Just saying that disagreeing with his faith does not make him dumb.

Just saying that disagreeing with his faith does not make him dumb.

Exactly it has nothing to do with his faith. Moops has faith, he's not dumb, sometimes an asshole, but who isn't. ( mean that in the nicest way possible) Nick has faith, he's not dumb and he's very likable. Hottie has faith, she's not dumb and even though she has a huge growth on her called Moops, she's also likable.

So, no it has nothing to do with faith. Though wearing his colors in his handle, having offensively stupid religious quotes from a pedo, and then thumping every chance he gets, does him no favors.

Last edited:
Reactions: byerb01
Have you read his non-religious offerings?

His White Republican Jesus rhetoric. The ignorant misogyny, the glaring sexism, the subtle racism, the rampant nationalism. He's a caricature of everything wrong with American Christianity. I used to think he was a well conceived troll.

How is it that a god so powerful to have the ability to create the universe failed so miserably at seeing to it that all his creation would know of his existence and his purported love for them? I could believe in the concept of a god creating all this. In fact I did for most of my life since that was what I was taught. What I can't believe is that if he did, that the vast majority of his creation has never known it. Let that sink in for a minute.

And, why is it that a god, again so powerful to have created such an obviously exquisite and vast universe, created such an environment and set of circumstances that have directly resulted in an incomprehensibly miserable existence for untold bazillions of his beloved creation? If an omnipotent god made all this, wouldn't you think he'd have done a better job? Sure, there is a lot of beauty to marvel at everywhere but shouldn't he be considered personally responsible for the billions who have suffered unspeakable horrors, or perhaps less dramatically, quietly lived miserable lives and died broken and alone due to the conditions they faced unequipped to overcome in this world he created? Fact: Many, many people, due to having simply been born that way, do not have the capacity for proper social skills and good judgement requisite to live normal, happy, fulfilled lives, and as a result of their defects are doomed to live out their bleak lives in poverty, pain and despair. Who's fault is that?

Have a nice day :)
You know, a lot of the moral and philosophical problems with god go away if we just consider the possibility that the religious folks made one big mistake: imagining that god is all-powerful. Maybe god is simply doing the best he can.

You know, a lot of the moral and philosophical problems with god go away if we just consider the possibility that the religious folks made one big mistake: imagining that god is all-powerful. Maybe god is simply doing the best he can.

The way he's written in the OT comes off is very childlike in his inability to reason. Though I suspect and believe that it's just an interpretation of the masters the Jews had while being Babylonian slaves, it may just be a child with an ant farm. "Say my name or die you dumb ants." Pours a glass of water into the ant farm.

I also believe many of the pacifistic ideas in the NT were stolen or borrowed from Buddhism as the stories of Buddha traveled on the silk road from China to Asia Minor. ie the New Covenant. Thus God became more reasonable and wiser.

Could be. But if so, the religious folk can't have their cake and eat it too. It's either as you suggest as a possibility and god is something less than omnipotent and couldn't help the way things ultimately turned out around here, or that god might be omnipotent but if so apparently doesn't care about his Earthly creation nearly as much as they like to say he does. Or, more likely, neither of those two.

I also believe many of the pacifistic ideas in the NT were stolen or borrowed from Buddhism as the stories of Buddha traveled on the silk road, from China to Asia Minor. ie the New Covenant.

That's quite possible. However, I think a lot of it was also developed from gnostic thought, which was a direct result of the Jews' experiences under Roman rule and exposure to Greek thought. A rejection of the material world as one of pain and suffering lends itself very easily to "Give unto Caesar" and pacifism, generally. There may have been quite a bit of syncretism going on in the first century, as the earliest Christians combined both western gnosticism and eastern thought.

Ironically, Jesus himself probably wasn't a true pacifist. I doubt he saw himself as a military leader, as some might have hoped, but he certain saw the imminent revolution as one that would happen in the world that was. His actions at the Temple were not the actions of a pacifist.

Could be. But if so, the religious folk can't have their cake and eat it too. It's either as you suggest as a possibility and god is something less than omnipotent and couldn't help the way things ultimately turned out around here, or that god might be omnipotent but if so apparently doesn't care about his Earthly creation nearly as much as they like to say he does. Or, more likely, neither of those two.
It's the "omni" problem. God is said to be:
omnipotent
omniscient
omnipresent
omnibenevolent

Obviously, at least one of those things can't be true, if we are to square the existence of God with what we know about the universe. But you can pick and choose which one(s) you'd like to mark off the list. It works however you do it.

It's the "omni" problem. God is said to be:
omnipotent
omniscient
omnipresent
omnibenevolent

Obviously, at least one of those things can't be true, if we are to square the existence of God with what we know about the universe. But you can pick and choose which one(s) you'd like to mark off the list. It works however you do it.
Exactly.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT