ADVERTISEMENT

Long two's

Cavanagh

Hall of Famer
Mar 1, 2012
This shit is gonna kill me. These shots are awful. Cupp hits one, and we think that is a good shot???? Mack, WALKER>>>?>, Gunn.... Clank clank Clank. STOP IT!!!

This shit is gonna kill me. These shots are awful. Cupp hits one, and we think that is a good shot???? Mack, WALKER>>>?>, Gunn.... Clank clank Clank. STOP IT!!!
It's mind blowing long low percentage two pointers. This isn't 1984.

Reactions: Ty Webb iu
Yes, the long twos are crazy. Posted the stats yesterday but the same podcast mentioned teams that have taken 20 shots, within three feet of the 3 point line, ALL YEAR and we took three of them within 2 1/2 minutes. I could understand taking those shots if we hit them but we are horrible from that distance. Makes no sense.

I remember Ted Kitchel taking shots from outside of what became the 3 point line, and using glass. He bagged them. Maybe a Kitchel or Wittman will walk thru that door soon. Sigh.

They needed to run this game, this is terrible coaching/strategy. Gee, way to play against Wisconsin, slow it down and grind with them in a low post fight. Unbelievable, I'm near completely in this can't be turned around with talent department.

I remember Ted Kitchel taking shots from outside of what became the 3 point line, and using glass. He bagged them. Maybe a Kitchel or Wittman will walk thru that door soon. Sigh.
A lot of players in RMK's system took long jump shots, but he always had shooters on his roster. And it was always his shooters who took the shots. You knew your role and you filled your role.

Yes, the long twos are crazy. Posted the stats yesterday but the same podcast mentioned teams that have taken 20 shots, within three feet of the 3 point line, ALL YEAR and we took three of them within 2 1/2 minutes. I could understand taking those shots if we hit them but we are horrible from that distance. Makes no sense.

Maybe someone could send a Telex to Woody's office?

10 field goals, 1 assist at halftime.

That pretty much says it all about the offense.

A bunch of players going one-on-one trying unsuccessfully to get their own shots.

Reactions: HoosierJimbo89
We have nobody that can do what Wisconsin’s 4th best player can do, and that’s on roster construction, development, coaching etc. not blaming a single player for this.

Come on Cav…Melo used to make those in his sleep. Surely today’s kids can too?! And if they can’t?…Well, they should.

Reactions: Spartans9312
It now looks like an NBA audition. No defense and individual offense. Malik is certainly gone.

It now looks like an NBA audition. No defense and individual offense. Malik is certainly gone.
Yeah big Malik show for IU tonight. I have not thought he's ready, but tonight might start to change that depending how he plays the rest of the season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT