ADVERTISEMENT

Let's have a Power 5 only Tourney this year.

Timmy Mac

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 28, 2001
Belleair, FL
Yeah I know it will never happen but with all of the other craziness...well why not?

Could consider doing it this way:
  1. Test all P5 teams and essential support staff
  2. If everybody clears, find a single location for the event and have it cleaned.
  3. Seed them somehow by region much like the NCAA.
  4. Play the entire thing in a single week to 10 days. It is spring break for most everybody anyway so there will be no impact to class.
  5. No fans other than player and coaches family's that have cleared testing.
  6. Let the TV networks figure out broadcasting.
  7. Call the trophy the Helms Trophy so PU has a shot at two of them.

Yeah it's a goofy idea but with all the other insanity, whats wrong with one more idiotic idea?

GFY.

If I had a T-bill for every half-baked “solution” to the college football playoff mess I’ve had the poor judgement to have read ... well, I’d be rich AF. Now you’ve got an answer to a question that nobody but “Brilliant” Bill Frieder thinks is worth asking. Thanks for a whole lot of nothing.

Let's plays the NCAA Tournament games in a video game or in a computer.

Yeah I know it will never happen but with all of the other craziness...well why not?

Could consider doing it this way:
  1. Test all P5 teams and essential support staff
  2. If everybody clears, find a single location for the event and have it cleaned.
  3. Seed them somehow by region much like the NCAA.
  4. Play the entire thing in a single week to 10 days. It is spring break for most everybody anyway so there will be no impact to class.
  5. No fans other than player and coaches family's that have cleared testing.
  6. Let the TV networks figure out broadcasting.
  7. Call the trophy the Helms Trophy so PU has a shot at two of them.

Yeah it's a goofy idea but with all the other insanity, whats wrong with one more idiotic idea?
So instead of using the very few available tests on the 100,000 some people who actually need them, let's instead use them on entertainers so we can watch TV?

What would they eat? Where would they sleep? Are you going to hold them hostage if they want to leave at night? Too many problems here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT