ADVERTISEMENT

Lester Q.

Brooks father's quote was, "Time to get greedy" Translation: time to get paid as fast as possible as a pro player. Brooks and dad are only focused now on getting paid. Not on winning games as a team in a long term college careeer. I don't wish Kentucky good luck as long as Calipari is there.
We need to start paying players.. Sadly only way to recruit 5 stars consistently in today's environment

Reactions: Indianaftw
A new article on Quinones that doesn't look good for IU. I was going to copy/paste, but it might be paid info. Evans predicts Memphis.
That is pretty much been the case for awhile. Memphis was always the leader and we made a late push but I think we were just too far behind. Plus Memphis is red hot recruiting right now so not surprising. Go get a grad transfer Archie!!

We need to start paying players.. Sadly only way to recruit 5 stars consistently in today's environment
Well either start paying them or do not even bother going after guys like this cause we will never get them. Any time your up against schools like Memphis, LSU, Kentucky, Duke, North Carolina, etc we will lose the recruit almost every time. The green stuff talks!

Reactions: Stellara1
That is pretty much been the case for awhile. Memphis was always the leader and we made a late push but I think we were just too far behind. Plus Memphis is red hot recruiting right now so not surprising. Go get a grad transfer Archie!!
Memphis has simply stunk in recent years, but magically their recruiting is "red hot right now." I wonder how that could be..$$$....I wonder?

Reactions: coachv jr
Memphis has simply stunk in recent years, but magically their recruiting is "red hot right now." I wonder how that could be..$$$....I wonder?
Maybe because every moron thinks just because a guy played in the nba that makes him a great coach. It did so well for Mullins and Ewing.

Reactions: Tru2Irish
Well WWW or as they call him World Wide Wes could be getting his hand back into Memphis basketball although he and Calapari are tight..

I told folks Memphis would be the hot place..
Especially for kids in the south..
Look at the staff..Big time facilities..
And a major city..
Pretty simple..

Reactions: kkott
Apparently Boogie ellis wants out of his Duke committment. It seems penny may have offered more money to come to Memphis.

Memphis can rub elbows with Kentucky and LSU and Arizona and Oregon if they want to.

IU doesn't run in the muck.

Reactions: ufo33
They might run out of room for Lester. That’s fine. That’s how MSU got Henry. They aren’t crying.

Brooks father's quote was, "Time to get greedy" Translation: time to get paid as fast as possible as a pro player. Brooks and dad are only focused now on getting paid. Not on winning games as a team in a long term college careeer. I don't wish Kentucky good luck as long as Calipari is there.

blame the powers that are forcing these few kids to attend college or sit out or go Euro for a yr.

And of the top 2 CHEATS currently in men’s college basketball - one of the is the BROTHER of IU’s current coach....

Wade and Miller...and IU coach is Miller

blame the powers that are forcing these few kids to attend college or sit out or go Euro for a yr.
just for one more year. that won't change anything as long as there is big money to be made in college hoops. sadly, college coaches can and are paying more than a kid can earn in g league

And of the top 2 CHEATS currently in men’s college basketball - one of the is the BROTHER of IU’s current coach....

Wade and Miller...and IU coach is Miller
I have been very disappointed in miller's results both on the court and in recruiting. that said, because his brother cheats doesn't mean he does. not fair to stigmatize him.

Reactions: All4You
I have been very disappointed in miller's results both on the court and in recruiting. that said, because his brother cheats doesn't mean he does. not fair to stigmatize him.
I caught my brother red handed stealing from my mother, and we're talking big dollars. That doesn't make me a thief.

Reactions: All4You
I think they need to get Penny on a wiretap. Nobody is this good of a recruiter in their second year without being shady.

He has Mike Miller as an assistant who wants to be a head coach anywhere
except North Dakota.

I believe this is also much bigger than Penny, the city of Memphis needs a
Dana Kirk and Larry Finch type of resurgence. Look for the Tigers to be
feared not only in the AAC but nationally also starting this year.

except North Dakota.

Will they get back to the Memphis State days?

Brooks dad thinks his son is better tha
except North Dakota.

Being an NBA player may make you a good recruiter thu name recognition. But, it is yet to be seen if Penny can actually coach at the D1 college level. I look for Penny to flop as a coach with very good talent at his disposal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT