ADVERTISEMENT

Lester Q.

please, not trendon. do you want a guy who is considering playing for wade wilson, a proven cheater. a guy who pays players to come play for him at lsu? not me. it's a fair conclusion watford has his hand out

Plus, Wade Wilson is a huge jerk, immortal, and none of the X-men like him. He's been even worse since his girlfriend died. And Trendon won't learn anything about basketball from him.

The way this ends is he takes his trip to Michigan, sees and hears the RECENT success from Beilien and commits there shortly afterward.

IU visit is just a courtesy visit on the way to the real destination.

News broke two days ago he wasn't visiting Michigan.

It's down to IU, Memphis and LSU. We've done enough to get in the conversation. Will we get him, no idea yet. No one knows, and if someone says they do, they have no idea what they're talking about because LQ hasn't made up his mind yet.

We've got a legit chance here.

News broke two days ago he wasn't visiting Michigan.

It's down to IU, Memphis and LSU. We've done enough to get in the conversation. Will we get him, no idea yet. No one knows, and if someone says they do, they have no idea what they're talking about because LQ hasn't made up his mind yet.

We've got a legit chance here.
He could very easily know and just wanting to use his visits. You and I don’t know that. And neither do most “journalists” who say they do.

please, not trendon. do you want a guy who is considering playing for wade wilson, a proven cheater. a guy who pays players to come play for him at lsu? not me. it's a fair conclusion watford has his hand out

This might be the most pathetic post I've read recently. Quit acting like you are informed by sullying a family that has done a hell of a lot more than you will ever do for IU basketball.

He could very easily know and just wanting to use his visits. You and I don’t know that. And neither do most “journalists” who say they do.

The post I responded to was written in absolutes, which was proven to be false days before.

All the site journalists have been saying they don't know where he is going, but that IU is in it. No one knows where he is going, I have said as much before. Anyone that claims to know where he is going is just making things up at this point.

The post I responded to was written in absolutes, which was proven to be false days before.

All the site journalists have been saying they don't know where he is going, but that IU is in it. No one knows where he is going, I have said as much before. Anyone that claims to know where he is going is just making things up at this point.
That’s true. But the kid himself might know. I’d say in his gut he likely knows.

It kind of looks like it. I still can't believe Wade got reinstated.
More should come from the investigation.
Hopefully, they won't say that the runner initiated the whole transaction.

Last edited:
Reactions: coachv jr
NCAA recruiting just seems to be a mess.
We know now that there's been money paid to coaches and recruits.
It must be hard on a high school kid, who's talent is great but maybe not NBA level, to not take an offer of tens of thousands, while universities and networks make millions.
It all makes it very hard to have confidence anybody is going anywhere with certainty.
I'm not trying to throw shade on any kid, and certainly not Quinones, or Watford, but like I started this post saying......'it's a mess'.

Even small schools like Valpo and Evansville have probably been cheating since the 80’s. It’s very common and while I don’t agree with cheating, the players should get paid.

Reactions: IUPaterade724
Here is how I look at it - if someone came to me and said we are going to pay you triple your salary this year to work for Company A...and next year Company B will pay you 10 times that amount for the next 4 years, with a possibility for that number to again 10fold from years 5-10+, but know that Company A may take some negative publicity that has no effect on you at all...

Do you give 2 shits about Company A? They are just the stepping stone to your end goal. No personal penalty at all to yourself. What fool would say ‘Oh, Im not interested in that deal...’

If the NCAA shenanigans dont hit a kid financially...then why wouldnt they play the money game?

Here is how I look at it - if someone came to me and said we are going to pay you triple your salary this year to work for Company A...and next year Company B will pay you 10 times that amount for the next 4 years, with a possibility for that number to again 10fold from years 5-10+, but know that Company A may take some negative publicity that has no effect on you at all...

Do you give 2 shits about Company A? They are just the stepping stone to your end goal. No personal penalty at all to yourself. What fool would say ‘Oh, Im not interested in that deal...’

If the NCAA shenanigans dont hit a kid financially...then why wouldnt they play the money game?
and unfortunately and probably derailing Archie’s plans, is that his brother who gave him the blueprint was busted just as Archie took over. He is probably walking on eggshells and limited to his initial recruiting plans.

This might be the most pathetic post I've read recently. Quit acting like you are informed by sullying a family that has done a hell of a lot more than you will ever do for IU basketball.
you don't think watford is considering playing for wade?

Please do not even HINT at the Watfords looking for payola when there is no evidence that even hints at that.

After what that family has done for IU they deserve that much respect from IU fans.
so you don't believe watford is considering lsu any longer?

It must be hard on a high school kid, who's talent is great but maybe not NBA level, to not take an offer of tens of thousands, while universities and networks make millions.
It all makes it very hard to have confidence anybody is going anywhere with certainty.
I'm not trying to throw shade on any kid, and certainly not Quinones, or Watford, but like I started this post saying......'it's a mess'.
don't want to but 2 + 2+ = 4. as for watford, you are who you surround yourself with

Even small schools like Valpo and Evansville have probably been cheating since the 80’s. It’s very common and while I don’t agree with cheating, the players should get paid.
would you be ok with miller authorizing under the table payments to watford?

It kind of looks like it. I still can't believe Wade got reinstated.
More should come from the investigation.
Hopefully, they won't say that the runner initiated the whole transaction.
i also cannot believe he kept his job. on top of that, he told his bosses to go **** themselves when they called him in for a meeting. there seems to be no end to the corruption ruining the college game. as you can tell, many indiana fans here are apparently fine with it.

Reactions: cryano

company b giving you a big raise to leave company a is not against the law. otherwise, you are ok if archie slides some $ to recruits it sounds like

would you be ok with miller authorizing under the table payments to watford?
No, but it wouldn’t change how I view Watford, more the program and Archie. At the moment I fully support both. Even if Watford takes money from LSU I will still think of the Watfords positively.

This also includes Romeo. If he took money, then I’d think “congrats, he deserved it.” However, I’d be kind of like WTF Archie?

Reactions: cryano
company b giving you a big raise to leave company a is not against the law. otherwise, you are ok if archie slides some $ to recruits it sounds like
Company A is any NCAA team.
Company B is any NBA team.

No, but it wouldn’t change how I view Watford, more the program and Archie. At the moment I fully support both. Even if Watford takes money from LSU I will still think of the Watfords positively.

This also includes Romeo. If he took money, then I’d think “congrats, he deserved it.” However, I’d be kind of like WTF Archie?
but that is hypocritical.

it looks more and more like archie's brother authorized big money to deandre ayton to come

and unfortunately and probably derailing Archie’s plans, is that his brother who gave him the blueprint was busted just as Archie took over. He is probably walking on eggshells and limited to his initial recruiting plans.
looks real bad for the miller family. some family is all the same. hopefully archie's fruit fell far from sean's

not at all ok w Archie paying recruits..

but hard to blame recruits for any program accepting payments...

Reactions: MKordIUBB
there are iu fans here who are apparently fine with going down that path of paying recruits to come to indiana (org, paterade). i am not. although i would love to win like duke, north carolina, and kansas...i do not want to cheat like they do to get there and stay there

Difference is the punishment follows the coach and the university...

The kid betters themselves in every way imaginable, punishment free...
there is right and there is wrong. an 18 year old knows the difference. if he doesn't, i don't want him playing for indiana. when the staff and administration feels the way you do, i'll stop following college hoops. that will really suck because i already quit pro ball

there is right and there is wrong. an 18 year old knows the difference. if he doesn't, i don't want him playing for indiana. when the staff and administration feels the way you do, i'll stop following college hoops. that will really suck because i already quit pro ball
I dont want IU going that route either...as I said the punishment follows the coach and university....

The kid though...how can you blame them?

i also cannot believe he kept his job. on top of that, he told his bosses to go **** themselves when they called him in for a meeting. there seems to be no end to the corruption ruining the college game. as you can tell, many indiana fans here are apparently fine with it.
Why should we care about breaking NCAA rules?? We watch to be entertained & the last 20 years have had maybe 5 enjoyable seasons.

i hope not. but in terms of 5 figure payments with the knowledge of the coaching staff, let's stir the pot and speculate. you start

No need for speculation. I know of a recruit that was offered six figures when Sampson was here. Seems unbelievable but his brother said “IU got out-bid”.

They will cheat big time if the schools start paying players. Just imagine
institutions such as UNC with their budget and NCAA protection.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT