ADVERTISEMENT

Leal to Announce This Friday

Anti-IU troll alert. It’s amazing how many of you joined years ago and haven’t been heard from much except to bash IU while claiming to “love IU.” Citing a UK fan board as a source of wisdom isn’t very smart at all.
There is only one of me. I’m not aligned with any side on this forum. I have an open mind to differing opinions about IU hoops. I find it frustrating IU hoops has fallen off so much in the last 25+ years. The current state of the IU program is what it is. Hopefully Miller can get IU back on track.

But make no mistake, IU is way behind the curve on a national scene and being competitive.

There is only one of me. I’m not aligned with any side on this forum. I have an open mind to differing opinions about IU hoops. I find it frustrating IU hoops has fallen off so much in the last 25+ years. The current state of the IU program is what it is. Hopefully Miller can get IU back on track.

But make no mistake, IU is way behind the curve on a national scene and being competitive.
I hear what you are saying. Agree it has been awful for most of those 2+ decades.

While I am not happy at all or satisfied with the results from those years, I do not agree that the program is way behind the curve on a national scene and way behind being competitive.

Conference play last season really was gut wrenching. Went to the OSU game at AH and suffered. The team looked at times like they could win against a not too great OSU. At times they seemed to be confused. To me they appeared to lack a go-to player and a PG among other things. Some say the coach should have done something. Others point out to the short bench due in part to injuries and personnel.

But IU really wasn't that far away from making post season play. They ended 19-16 overall and 8-12 in the B1G. They were 8th of 14 in a decent conference. Not what anyone wants. Not even close to competing at the highest levels yearly. But clearly one could say they were competitive except for that dismal stretch during conference play.

Even if they had won two or three more that still doesn't address the fact that the roster was not constructed well. They couldn't hit a 3. And they weren't good when they got to the line.

There are still many questions about this coming season. But they could break through. The stars must all be in alignment for that to happen. I doubt all will align. But they could. Ok still not good enough place to be.

Year 4 of Coach Miller being at IU will really be telling us something. Year 3 might just be a sleeper.

Don't lower one's standards. Just give this coach a little time to put his recruits in place. I think we are closer to breaking out than many do.

Some of that is because Archie Miller's teams do well when he constructs the team roster with his recruits.

I would like to congratulate you. You were mentioned as a spot on poster by someone other than myself.
https://kentucky.forums.rivals.com/threads/iu’s-culture-is-the-problem.300733/#post-8127034

I would like to congratulate the Kentucky guy on having the most jealous, obsessed, insecure and dumbest fans in all of college basketball. It always fun to visit CoRuppt Rafters to see how many threads your fans will start to whine about other programs, even when you claim those programs are beneath Kentucky and you don't care about them :D:D

Wall, I would say this to you over there but I was banned by your cowardly mods for bringing up Kentucky's cheating and buying a title when you bought Anthony Davis. I think it's hilarious your mods would ban someone for "Spam" when they post a link from a national newspaper like the Chicago Tribune. I guess the truth hurts and the UK fans can dish it out but can't take it.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/spor...6-prep-kentucky-sun-times-20100805-story.html

I would like to congratulate the Kentucky guy on having the most jealous, obsessed, insecure and dumbest fans in all of college basketball. It always fun to visit CoRuppt Rafters to see how many threads your fans will start to whine about other programs, even when you claim those programs are beneath Kentucky and you don't care about them :D:D

Wall, I would say this to you over there but I was banned by your cowardly mods for bringing up Kentucky's cheating and buying a title when you bought Anthony Davis. I think it's hilarious your mods would ban someone for "Spam" when they post a link from a national newspaper like the Chicago Tribune. I guess the truth hurts and the UK fans can dish it out but can't take it.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/spor...6-prep-kentucky-sun-times-20100805-story.html
Anthony Davis was money well spent. Much cheaper than Zion

I am an alum. And I highly doubt you are.
Archie is getting ready to lock up a third Indiana Mr. Basketball in a row and put himself in great position for a fourth. He has dominated the state, turning the roster into Indiana players. Even if he can’t coach, let him keep recruiting and hand this team over to someone else. Either way, he’s making a tremendous contribution to the program that should not be overlooked.

2017-2018
1/12 scholarship players from Indiana

2018-2019
3/13 scholarship players from Indiana

2019-2020
5/11 scholarship players from Indiana

Remember when Shaka Smart was the next big coach? He accomplished twice what Archie did at a much younger age. Success is no guarantee.

Shaka may just prove why you need 4 years or 3.5 in this case to get a program rolling and establish culture. I have been disappointed with his offensive philosophy but young coaches learn. He now has an experienced PG going into his Junior season in Coleman. Ramey looks to be even better. Jones could be a wild card if he can contribute. Shaka may be standing on his last leg at Texas but has his best team yet. If he wins this year, I think program is poised to be solid for quite some time. If they fail then UT will move on and hire someone else.

Archie is getting ready to lock up a third Indiana Mr. Basketball in a row and put himself in great position for a fourth. He has dominated the state, turning the roster into Indiana players. Even if he p
5/11 scholarship players from Indiana[/QUlOTE]
1/12 IU roster player from Indiana is pathetic on Crean's last recruited IU team.
Archie is recruiting Indiana plsyrrscc9

Shaka may just prove why you need 4 years or 3.5 in this case to get a program rolling and establish culture. I have been disappointed with his offensive philosophy but young coaches learn. He now has an experienced PG going into his Junior season in Coleman. Ramey looks to be even better. Jones could be a wild card if he can contribute. Shaka may be standing on his last leg at Texas but has his best team yet. If he wins this year, I think program is poised to be solid for quite some time. If they fail then UT will move on and hire someone else.
This will be Shaka’s 5th year and he hasn’t won a single NCAA Tournament game. Only been to the tournament twice.

Conversely Rick Barnes made the tournament 16 out of his 17 years there. At a 100% football school.

Reactions: Wall2Boogie
Archie is getting ready to lock up a third Indiana Mr. Basketball in a row and put himself in great position for a fourth. He has dominated the state, turning the roster into Indiana players. Even if he can’t coach, let him keep recruiting and hand this team over to someone else. Either way, he’s making a tremendous contribution to the program that should not be overlooked.

2017-2018

2018-2019

2019-2020
Who cares? He can’t even make the tournament with two of the top 10-15 players in the conference.

But hey...he recruits Indiana kids. Big deal. You ever think it’s because he can’t land better players from outside the state? That ever cross your mind?

Reactions: beenther1s
Who cares? He can’t even make the tournament with two of the top 10-15 players in the conference.

But hey...he recruits Indiana kids. Big deal. You ever think it’s because he can’t land better players from outside the state? That ever cross your mind?
Building a foundation to fit a completely different style of play.

This will be Shaka’s 5th year and he hasn’t won a single NCAA Tournament game. Only been to the tournament twice.

Conversely Rick Barnes made the tournament 16 out of his 17 years there. At a 100% football school.

So what if shaka hasn't won a game in the NCAA tourney while rebuilding a stale program left by an over-rated coach. He did as good or better than Barnes in his first year with the team that Barnes left him then started the overhaul. Barnes is a legit coach but nothing special. Barnes really didn't do much more than Penders who preceded him. Maybe Shaka flames out but he now has the team built and real judgement starts now. The only negative is the bumps in the road getting to that point has put him in a do it now or go scenario.

Being a football school is the most idiotic comment ever. UT is great at swimming, golf, baseball, volleyball, tennis. I think they won the quiddich title too. Yet, it's a football school. They have sucked at football for several years until last year and is now back it on track. It has little to do with what the other sports are doing.

Yes, it did cross mind then I remembered he has recruited multiple four star recruits from other states. You can’t even give him credit for doing a good job in recruiting. I think he still has to prove he can coach, but recruiting has been exactly to the recipe.

And yet that "shit" coach inheritied Creans mess which had three NBA prospects manage to miss the NCAA. Archie cut loose the malingerers undermining his philosophy all the while realizing creamsickle had no rhyme or reason to roster management. We have a coach now that understands the history of IU and realizes IU is a hotbed of talent and will coach it as such. Coaches respect him. No matter what Fauxpiss says.
You are the life of the party. Glad you added facts to the dialogue:)

Last edited:

Fpeaugh I thought lots of posters made every excuse in the book to cover miller’s rotten coaching last year. And yes, I’m with you, his coaching was rotten. Rarely did the team look prepared or like they were playing very hard.

But complaining incessantly is a waste of time. We are having a spike in recruiting and the season is around the corner. Might as well get behind the team and miller at this point. If the year sucks then complain at the end. Today it’s pointless....

And yet that "shit" coach inheritied Creans mess which had three NBA prospects manage to miss the NCAA. Archie cut lose the malingerers undermining his philosophy all the while realizing creamsickle had no rhyme or reason to roster managemnet. We have a coach now that understands the history of IU and realizes IU is a hotbed of talent and will coach it as such. Coaches respect him. No matter what Fauxpiss says.
Which players were undermining Miller’s philosophy?

Reactions: fpeaugh
Yes, it did cross mind then I remembered he has recruited multiple four star recruits from other states. You can’t even give him credit for doing a good job in recruiting. I think he still has to prove he can coach, but recruiting has been exactly to the recipe.
Two guys? Hunter who hasn’t played a minute and Forrester who was obviously a bust? That’s it.

So what if shaka hasn't won a game in the NCAA tourney while rebuilding a stale program left by an over-rated coach. He did as good or better than Barnes in his first year with the team that Barnes left him then started the overhaul. Barnes is a legit coach but nothing special. Barnes really didn't do much more than Penders who preceded him. Maybe Shaka flames out but he now has the team built and real judgement starts now. The only negative is the bumps in the road getting to that point has put him in a do it now or go scenario.

Being a football school is the most idiotic comment ever. UT is great at swimming, golf, baseball, volleyball, tennis. I think they won the quiddich title too. Yet, it's a football school. They have sucked at football for several years until last year and is now back it on track. It has little to do with what the other sports are doing.
Real judgement starts now?! 5 years in? He’s about 9 months away from being fired if things don’t drastically take a 180 this year.

And yet that "shit" coach inheritied Creans mess which had three NBA prospects manage to miss the NCAA. Archie cut lose the malingerers undermining his philosophy all the while realizing creamsickle had no rhyme or reason to roster managemnet. We have a coach now that understands the history of IU and realizes IU is a hotbed of talent and will coach it as such. Coaches respect him. No matter what Fauxpiss says.
You’re delusional.

2017-2018

2018-2019

2019-2020

But this is irrelevant to winning basketball games...

But this is irrelevant to winning basketball games...
Wrong.

Archie Miller is building his team. All things being equal, it is more likely to get players from the State of Indiana to go to IU.

Recruiting to a plan is integral to filling a roster with the correct personnel.

Having a roster that one can coach is exactly what is needed and what he is building.

He has proven he can coach his players. Refer to Dayton.

Everything is being put into alignment. I'm not saying there are to be no bumps in the road. That is life.

Wrong.

Archie Miller is building his team. All things being equal, it is more likely to get players from the State of Indiana to go to IU.

Recruiting to a plan is integral to filling a roster with the correct personnel.

Having a roster that one can coach is exactly what is needed and what he is building.

He has proven he can coach his players. Refer to Dayton.

Everything is being put into alignment. I'm not saying there are to be no bumps in the road. That is life.

And that's great - but the fact that a kid is from Indiana or not from Indiana has absolutely nothing to do with winning basketball games or roster building or any of it.

Any other fan forum people are happy when a kid commits to the program. If the kid happens to be a 4 star or higher rated player, and from the state, they are ecstatic.

Only on this forum do you see the constant negative crap from the same handful of complete frauds pretending to be fans.

Again, whoever runs this board is absolutely pitiful and should be shown the door. Let these wastes of space frauds try the same crap on any other board and they get banned immediately..... kiddo.

Any other fan forum people are happy when a kid commits to the program. If the kid happens to be a 4 star or higher rated player, and from the state, they are ecstatic.

Only on this forum do you see the constant negative crap from the same handful of complete frauds pretending to be fans.

Again, whoever runs this board is absolutely pitiful and should be shown the door. Let these wastes of space frauds try the same crap on any other board and they get banned immediately..... kiddo.

lol

It's a free message board. You are expecting too much.

And just to be clear (in case I am being lumped in with the "negative crap"), I'll be ecstatic if we get Leal and will root for him wholeheartedly! But the fact that he is from Indiana has absolutely no bearing on his basketball skills and whether or not he will be successful or whether or not we will win games. I want the best and I want Ws. Hope he has all the success in the world.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT