ADVERTISEMENT

Last 5 - your best guess -

I expect who coach Cignetti brings in will have a track record of success for their teams. I will wait until we see who the seven are but I believe coach will bring in who will help give IU wins in 2024.

So is the thought that we add 12 more transfers (7 from jmu and 5 from other places)?

Do we have that many more spots?

Reactions: red hornet
My guess is all seven or the majority are from JMU. I think he is banking on a core of players he can plug in day one and count on.
I have to imagine a lot of it is to help establish expectations around work ethic between players in the off-season. The IU OGs will want to compete against the large group of JMU players and won't want to fall short of what JMU guys were doing. Iron sharpens iron.

I have to imagine a lot of it is to help establish expectations around work ethic between players in the off-season. The IU OGs will want to compete against the large group of JMU players and won't want to fall short of what JMU guys were doing. Iron sharpens iron.
If they're competitive, yes. If they're not, they might sulk instead.

That's for CCC to decide.

I would love to see the top 50 lists he got from each of the outgoing staff...
I have to think some of the bad attitude, unproductive or injury prone have already been shown the door. Otherwise I don't know how we have enough scholarships for the incoming transfers that have enrolled AND HS recruits that are enrolling early. There haven't been enough portal departures to account for all these players.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT