ADVERTISEMENT

Kris Bryant video. Very funny. Link

Daughter was born.

Haven't slept in two weeks. No idea how Goat does it. I love sleep.
Dude, you'll never sleep again. If you have that ear that hears high pitched sounds, I do, this next few years will change how you sleep. Those days of kicking back and taking naps and sleeping restfully through the night are over.

congrats btw ..

Dude, you'll never sleep again. If you have that ear that hears high pitched sounds, I do, this next few years will change how you sleep. Those days of kicking back and taking naps and sleeping restfully through the night are over.

congrats btw ..
My oldest talks in her sleep and sleepwalks all the time. I'll be downstairs watching TV and you'll hear her in her room crying for help. Usually the worst before a test or something stressful.

Does not lend to restful sleep for mom and dad.

My oldest talks in her sleep and sleepwalks all the time. I'll be downstairs watching TV and you'll hear her in her room crying for help. Usually the worst before a test or something stressful.

Does not lend to restful sleep for mom and dad.
I hear every freakin noise in the house now, someone barely touching my door wakes me up. I used to be able to sleep anywhere and herds of thundering elephants couldn't wake me. Now I need a comfortable bed, or couch, the perfect amount of air, and temperature and quiet ..

I remember those first two years after my first was born. Working 70 hours a week, sleeping an average of 3 hours per night, partying hard on weekends (when I could, which was rare) .... I have no clue how I did it.

I hear every freakin noise in the house now, someone barely touching my door wakes me up. I used to be able to sleep anywhere and herds of thundering elephants couldn't wake me. Now I need a comfortable bed, or couch, the perfect amount of air, and temperature and quiet ..

I remember those first two years after my first was born. Working 70 hours a week, sleeping an average of 3 hours per night, partying hard on weekends (when I could, which was rare) .... I have no clue how I did it.
at least it makes it less likely for your girlfriend to be able to murder you in your sleep. I have an uncle that used to tell the guys he worked with that my aunt tried to kill him all the time. Stuff like I woke up and she was standing over me with a butcher knife. Of course my aunt didn't do those things but my uncle thought it was funny.

at least it makes it less likely for your girlfriend to be able to murder you in your sleep. I have an uncle that used to tell the guys he worked with that my aunt tried to kill him all the time. Stuff like I woke up and she was standing over me with a butcher knife. Of course my aunt didn't do those things but my uncle thought it was funny.
I had a GF once that thought it would be cute to wake me up from a nap by sitting on my face. When I woke, I couldn't breathe, or see, and I thought someone was trying to suffocated me and spazed.. I appreciated the thought, but not the delivery.

Reactions: cryano

congrats btw ..

Our daughter was having some pretty awful reflux, scary gagging on her spit up, for a little while. Freaked me out. Every little noise from her since then has caused me to wake up fast. It's not really a pleasant wake up.

I'm the epitome of first-time parent paranoia.

Taylor had a good 30 second conversation with me a few nights ago, the entire time she was talking in her sleep. She's exhausted, but damn she's a super hero during all of this.

A conversation with a nurse practitioner at the hospital - I was as close to sleeping while standing as you could get. Can't remember a single thing she said.

Our daughter was having some pretty awful reflux, scary gagging on her spit up, for a little while. Freaked me out. Every little noise from her since then has caused me to wake up fast. It's not really a pleasant wake up.

I'm the epitome of first-time parent paranoia.

Taylor had a good 30 second conversation with me a few nights ago, the entire time she was talking in her sleep. She's exhausted, but damn she's a super hero during all of this.

A conversation with a nurse practitioner at the hospital - I was as close to sleeping while standing as you could get. Can't remember a single thing she said.
Welcome to parenthood, I don't envy you. Just think, in 18 to 24 years you may be able to sleep again.

Oh yea, beware of MD in about 13 years. Make sure you show her his picture with a stern warning.

I had a GF once that thought it would be cute to wake me up from a nap by sitting on my face. When I woke, I couldn't breathe, or see, and I thought someone was trying to suffocated me and spazed.. I appreciated the thought, but not the delivery.
Thats funny shit.

Jesus!!!

I had a guy in a former church whose wife had died, and then he married her sister thinking that it would be a good match. She actually stabbed him in his sleep. He survived but the marriage didn't. It's a shame because his first marriage was very good.

Been laughing at that story for days...envisioning something like this reaction:

Reactions: T.M.P.
I had a guy in a former church whose wife had died, and then he married her sister thinking that it would be a good match. She actually stabbed him in his sleep. He survived but the marriage didn't. It's a shame because his first marriage was very good.
Cool_9ca3dd_867119.jpg

Reactions: burnthemallralphie
Daughter was born.

Haven't slept in two weeks. No idea how Goat does it. I love sleep.

It will get better. First month or so was tough....then gradually got easier. Our son is just over 3 months now, I get him to sleep by about 10:30p now, and he'll sometimes sleep as long as 5a. Not every night, but most. My wife is the one that has to get up if he gets up...she's got the boobs.

I haven't had TMPs problem....I still sleep pretty soundly. But honestly our dude is a pretty silent sleeper anyway.

Anyway, congrats....hope you sleep soon

Last edited:
Reactions: rickyIU
Yea, let your wife do all the work, see how that turns out. I bet she burns your golf outfits.

That's our deal. I have him at night, she goes to bed early. Sometimes it's until midnight before he'll finally go down. She's been asleep 2 to 3 hrs before I get to bed.

My golf has been greatly curtailed already. Still play once a week though. She's cool with it...so far. :p

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT