ADVERTISEMENT

Kopp and Stewart!

Stewart’s first shot had me ready for a breakout. But big old NOPE
Hard to see how we come back in this one. They will play slow and we cant hit threes. They are decent but once again no shooters kills us.

Again. Why is Stewart even allowed to dribble into the lane? And yeah - another no show for Kopp.
Phinisee too. Two open 3s that he missed. He hasn’t made a shot further than 5 ft in 3 weeks.

Reactions: Tru2Irish and 76-1
Whelp, atleast we will never see them play in an IU uniform ever again after this embarrassment! Hope the same goes for XJ, TJD, Durr, etc! Need to start next season with only Geronimo and maybe Galloway returning or if we can see what that Duncomb kid has! Everyone else can screw off!

Cant take anymore missed bunnies from TJD! I dont see him improving anymore! He can go play D league for someone else and develop there!

Those two need to go at a minimum. JG has the potential to be Oladipo good. Galloway one of the best leaders at times this year. The rest don't seem to understand you need to bring it every game. Let's hope for a strong transfer portal this offseason.

Hope Kopp and Stewart graduate and we recruit a couple of players who can shot the ball . I think TJD comes back next year . Could be wrong , but I think he wold be an all American next year .

Reactions: bwcoach
Hope Kopp and Stewart graduate and we recruit a couple of players who can shot the ball . I think TJD comes back next year . Could be wrong , but I think he wold be an all American next year .
It would be great if he came back next year. Kopp Stewart Thompson Lander Phinisee and Durr can go. That opens up six scholarships which allows for a few transfers.

Reactions: Mr.IU
Really hope kopp and Stewart leave. Lander as well holy airball three tonight.

Reactions: Hoosierific
It would be great if he came back next year. Kopp Stewart Thompson Lander Phinisee and Durr can go. That opens up six scholarships which allows for a few transfers.
It will be interesting to see how Coach Woody handles the roster. He seemed to let Brunk know that he didn't fit last spring. I assume he will let some other guys know they need to look for other options.

Every team in the NCAA tourney has at least 1 shooter on the team. IU has not a single player from outside that can hit shots on a consistent basis. IU has not a single guy we can name who we’d call “our scorer.” Not one, single outside guy. Not a one. Our guards weren’t even in the same zip code against the St.Mary guards.
Let’sbe honest looking at this: A Stewart, Kopp and Phinissee are maybe U. of Indy / IUPUI type guys. It a struggle to win much there relying on that complete exposed those guys tonight, if it wasn’t already apparent through the year.

It will be interesting to see how Coach Woody handles the roster. He seemed to let Brunk know that he didn't fit last spring. I assume he will let some other guys know they need to look for other options.
I sure hope he does the same with several players. The program is not going to improve without him helping some of them out the door.

Reactions: CriticArisen
Every team in the NCAA tourney has at least 1 shooter on the team. IU has not a single player from outside that can hit shots on a consistent basis. IU has not a single guy we can name who we’d call “our scorer.” Not one, single outside guy. Not a one. Our guards weren’t even in the same zip code against the St.Mary guards.
Let’sbe honest looking at this: A Stewart, Kopp and Phinissee are maybe U. of Indy / IUPUI type guys. It a struggle to win much there relying on that complete exposed those guys tonight, if it wasn’t already apparent through the year.
Yep, can't hit anything from the outside.

I wonder if we had beaten Iowa then would that have gotten us out of the play-in game thus more rest and a different outcome?

Amazing isnt it not one shooter.

Stewart’s first shot had me ready for a breakout. But big old NOPE
Well, what the hell, have we not seen that all year? Maybe we should just dose and pretend they go in. I have never in my life seen a shot like that, and I've described it before as my 4'9 wife shooting it out of a cannon, blindfolded. But that was the first shot I saw Kopp shoot and I was like holy shit, this guy is supposed be a 3 pt sniper, I think he was aiming for the stands

Last edited:
Good chance if he continues to improve with his right hand and improves free throw shooting a bit.

Amazing isnt it not one shooter.
Not true Hoosier basketball. Every good IU team had shooters. Now they want athletes with low bb IQ and can't hit 3 of 6 3 pointers ever. Stewart was only guy close and I wouldn't call him consistent and his defense negated any threes he made. In the midwest, there has to be 3 point shooters especially in the state of Indiana. Why is IU not recruiting them?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT