ADVERTISEMENT

Killing the constitution with a thousand cuts

Biden and Harris claim to be all in on the democratic process. Yet they don’t trust the democratic process in red states. They aren’t talking about illegal state acts here. We have ample ways and means to ensure the constitutional right to vote through the courts.
Seems reminiscent of the environment that led to the Voting Rights Act of 1965. Most people would say that was progress. As for Biden and Harris going beyond some Constitutional constraints on their roles, Teddy Roosevelt's Bully Pulpit comes to mind.

President Biden appointed Vice President Harris his voting rights czar. Among her duties is to shepherd the administration’s version of voting rights through congress Fair enough. Her duties will also include riding herd on those red states which are legislating about voting rights in ways she and Biden don’t agree with. Think about that for a second. Where in our constitutional system do Biden and Harris find any indication that this is appropriate for the office of president or vice president? Harris promises to work with community and other interest groups to carry out their views on voting rights. What’s she gonna do, organize a boycott like her boss instigated in Atlanta?

Biden and Harris claim to be all in on the democratic process. Yet they don’t trust the democratic process in red states. They aren’t talking about illegal state acts here. We have ample ways and means to ensure the constitutional right to vote through the courts. Instead they intend to use the White House to throw their weight around in targeted states only because of politics. This is dangerous stuff. It is s a threat to many principles of governance we should hold dear.
Lol. Now I’m disappointed I waited so long to read this. I needed a laugh.

if those who control the DNC really wanted the voting bill passed, they'd take out the poison pills and target the primary injustices.

Reactions: IU Hardcore
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT