ADVERTISEMENT

KIll the gorilla or not?

At least the gorilla doesn't have to live in a zoo any longer. But I really think the parent/parents are at fault for the death of a magnificent animal.. But the enclosure should have been built in a way that this could not have happened.

Reactions: Catfish_ Crazy
At least the gorilla doesn't have to live in a zoo any longer. But I really think the parent/parents are at fault for the death of a magnificent animal.. But the enclosure should have been built in a way that this could not have happened.
You said it.I wonder how this did happen.It should have been designed in a safer way.

Well the child could just as easily been kidnapped based on how little of attention the parents were showing so that alone clearly shows the parents are at fault.

Reactions: largemouth and C-$
Kill the idiot parent(s) instead.

Gorilla was clearly not showing aggression.

The video I saw, the gorilla was dragging the baby around. Just a matter of time until he went all HULK SMASH on it.

I thought they should have tranquilized but it was clearly a case of CYA. If anything happened because they tranquilized instead of killed, there was big money at stake. They decided the gorillas life wasn't worth the potential monetary damages.

This was a business decision.

The video I saw, the gorilla was dragging the baby around. Just a matter of time until he went all HULK SMASH on it.

I thought they should have tranquilized but it was clearly a case of CYA. If anything happened because they tranquilized instead of killed, there was big money at stake. They decided the gorillas life wasn't worth the potential monetary damages.

Clearly, you are retarded when it comes to gorilla behavior.

Reactions: Moops

Exactly. Had anything happened to the kid they'd have been sued into oblivion. They had to kill the thing. As you say, CYA.

I haven't seen the video, and I won't bother. The answer is simple. These "parents" deserve to die more than the gorilla did, and sad as it is to see a child in danger, the end of their genetic line before he had a chance to reproduce would probably do more for the future of our planet than the death of that animal.

I've always been a horseshoe guy. I thought cornhole was just for frat boys.
Cornhole is getting popular out here. It's kind of funny having people ask if I've ever heard of it having grown up in Indiana. I've found this to be the popular yard game out here:

images

Cornhole is getting popular out here. It's kind of funny having people ask if I've ever heard of it having grown up in Indiana. I've found this to be the popular yard game out here:

images
GTFO. Hillbilly golf? I just learned about that game today. Didn't even play it, but I learned the rules. Also helped get a couple of golf balls out of a tree.

Reactions: FrankTGucker
Just watched that ep about a week ago on Amazon Prime. Wife is seeing the series for the first time. It's been quite some time since i've watched.

The show holds up pretty well as long as you buy the premise. I could see a criticism being that it's a bit cartoonish with its goombah characters. The humor is very underrated...there's a ton of comedy written into the show.

Are you in Portland? I have a group of buddies living out there for the last 10 or so years and all they play now is Polish Horseshoes:

IMG_7520-640x480_thumb.jpg

Here is a little better representation:

120622124316_beach.jpg

images

Cornhole is getting popular out here. It's kind of funny having people ask if I've ever heard of it having grown up in Indiana. I've found this to be the popular yard game out here:/QUOTE]
GTFO. Hillbilly golf? I just learned about that game today. Didn't even play it, but I learned the rules. Also helped get a couple of golf balls out of a tree.

Neither of you have seen the game played properly. When played correctly, it's a very exciting game ...

A friend convinced me to play a party a few years back, saying, "there will be 100's of girls there" ..yes there was, Bill, Rich and I were the only males. 100's of girls.. Only, "water water everywhere but not a drop to drink".

Members of IPFW volleyball, and softball team, along with former members, and a throng of flannel wearing bulls and their lipstick lesbian GFs. They hated Melissa Etheridge and Indigo Girls.. I was embarrassed we played them. I hit on one of the lipstick thinking maybe she liked dick too, she patted me on the head like a child and condescendingly dismissed me... The bulls hated me. I thought they were going to beat me up...

anyways .. back to playing corn hole correctly.

Lesbians play it with one girl lying on the incline and spreading her legs and holding them in the "fk me" position, while the other, as hard as she possibly could and from only about 6 to 8 feet away and with a running start, throws the bean bag into her opponent's cooch. The louder the smack the more cheers from the crowd, especially from the bulls..

Yea..

Just watched that ep about a week ago on Amazon Prime. Wife is seeing the series for the first time. It's been quite some time since i've watched.

The show holds up pretty well as long as you buy the premise. I could see a criticism being that it's a bit cartoonish with its goombah characters. The humor is very underrated...there's a ton of comedy written into the show.
You HAVE to accept the comedy to get it. It's a great show, but it's not meant to be taken literally. There is absolutely a cartoonish element there, but it's done so well.

Reactions: FrankTGucker
Are you in Portland? I have a group of buddies living out there for the last 10 or so years and all they play now is Polish Horseshoes:

IMG_7520-640x480_thumb.jpg

Here is a little better representation:

120622124316_beach.jpg

images
I am in Portland. I haven't seen that one. I have played Kubb. I think it's a Scandanavian game. You take wooden dowels and knock over blocks. It seems to be getting popular out here.

DIY-Kubb-play-set-koob.jpg

One of the local softball complex bars here in the twin cities has a 'Lawn Olympic' night where two man teams play $20 to play in a tournament that involves bags, lawn darts, badmitton or whatever other family backyard games you used to play growing up. The owner (he wants my two man acoustic band to play on their patio) said it was easily his biggest night of the week. He makes more that night than all the other softball league nights combined.

If you own a bar with some land...try it and you're welcome. Lol.

I read where a Tranquilizer dart does not knock a big animal like that immediately out. So there could be precious seconds where the Gorilla gets quite angry because of the sting of the dart, and this is why they did not try it. I am just happy the child is ok. If that was my child or grandchild I would be very thankful.

I read somewhere that a tranquilizer won't put a large gorilla like that down immediately. Usually they get hit with the dart, get ticked off and momentarily thrash around before passing out. Had that happened, the possibility of that kid getting smashed was pretty high I'm guessing.

To the overall point, I'd have to imagine that the zoo will change leadership soon. I'm no expert in zoos, but I'm guessing somewhere near the top of the rules in running a zoo lies keep animals in cage/keep people out of them.

I read where a Tranquilizer dart does not knock a big animal like that immediately out. So there could be precious seconds where the Gorilla gets quite angry because of the sting of the dart, and this is why they did not try it. I am just happy the child is ok. If that was my child or grandchild I would be very thankful.

I read where the mother was quoted as saying that "“God protected my child until the authorities were able to get to him." One wonders where God was when the kid fell in there in the first place. Smoke break with the mom?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT