ADVERTISEMENT

Keion Brooks

What was all the hype about this guy? He looks like poo poo. I’m not even sure he’d give us what Hunter give us.
Each of us would have loved to have him on our team. I think he made a poor decision and would end up a much better player under CAM, but that ship sailed. He’s the enemy now, so bye Felicia...

The selfish pig that he is, we'll see if he has the last laugh.
The selfish pig that he is, we'll see if he has the last laugh.
The “it’s time to be selfish” statement never made any sense to me. The five stars recruited by IU were all drafted. It appears that the NBA is more concerned about potential and the various skills a player has than the school he plays for. Besides, playing in the BTN gives a standout player as big a stage as Kentucky.
In reality, DB’s dad simply took away any chance of his joining the long list of Hoosier legends.

Reactions: darkhawk returns
The “it’s time to be selfish” statement never made any sense to me. The five stars recruited by IU were all drafted. It appears that the NBA is more concerned about potential and the various skills a player has than the school he plays for. Besides, playing in the BTN gives a standout player as big a stage as Kentucky.
In reality, DB’s dad simply took away any chance of his joining the long list of Hoosier legends.
Does it show how behind we are as a program where a kid we would have start isn't even starting on UK?

So when Kentucky gets back it's two injured players does he go to 9th on the depth chart? Time to be selfish!!!

Brooks is also in a situation now it seems where he can't transfer. No way he would sit out since he was planning on being OAD. I think he declares no matter what.

Meanwhile his buddy Trayce is starting every game and coming off his first freshman of the week averaging 14 ppg and 9 rebounds.

I guess In the end Trayce was the one who decided to be selfish.

Last edited:
Im curious as to what mamma Brooks thinks about the conduct of BBN after a bad loss followed up with almost another one.

IU isn't a Blue Blood program anymore in BB.
Top 5 in NCs over multiple decades says otherwise. “Anymore” doesn’t change that.
Edit: And let me know when that state can actually produce the basketball talent ITSELF in HS. Yeah. That’s never happened and never will.

Last edited:
Hunter's gonna be a big time player.

a lot of guys won't be as good as Hunter will.
I keep hearing this, but so far, have seen nothing from him that indicates he will be a pro. I know he is still getting back from injury, so I am holding out hope that he eventually becomes a pro type player - I think he can, just havent seen indicators as of yet.

I keep hearing this, but so far, have seen nothing from him that indicates he will be a pro. I know he is still getting back from injury, so I am holding out hope that he eventually becomes a pro type player - I think he can, just havent seen indicators as of yet.
I've seen nothing yet that says he will be more than a role player this year. Hopefully that changes as the year goes on.

He's a freshman who didn't participate in basketball activities for a year. He has shown small flashes of his potential, but like Race last year, you would expect him to have some rust....

Reactions: ytzid and minneman
Once he decided to go to Lalumiere, everyone knew where he was going. Pro factory to pro factory. Look at all the championships being a pro factory has won for UK! A whopping ONE! Give me 3 solid 4* players any day over that!
I agree. If you want a sustained program you have to have players who are in the program longer than a year. Look at Duke last year. They had tons of talent but did not win it all. If you can every once in a while sprinkle in a very good one and done then you can have success ala Syracuse Anthony's one yr.

Through my Crimson color glasses I can see IU wining another Natty before KY. WOW that felt good posting that.

HOOSIER NATION STANDS TALL FOREVER!!
I really like this team, it is Good now and will improve. I am going to say something that may not fly well with some. IU has had their share of bad luck costing us a good shot at several national titles. Hunter, I believe is a special player. We could very well caught a break this time. Being injured early in his career will give a team this deep for him to heel and go to 0 to 90 shaking the rust off. This is one of the times we can let him come up To 90 in a way best for all

I agree. If you want a sustained program you have to have players who are in the program longer than a year. Look at Duke last year. They had tons of talent but did not win it all. If you can every once in a while sprinkle in a very good one and done then you can have success ala Syracuse Anthony's one yr.

giphy.gif

Are you saying Duke is not a sustained program just because they didn't win it all.

giphy.gif

Are you saying Duke is not a sustained program just because they didn't win it all.

the whole one and done program thing runs into math issues when more than 2 schools at a time try to live on it.

and schools don't pick which schools can be one and done programs.. the one and dones do.

when i was young i could have decided to only date super models.

not sure how successful that strategy would have been.

Reactions: Grateful Redbeard
I've seen nothing yet that says he will be more than a role player this year. Hopefully that changes as the year goes on.
Lol. Sure. He’s played ZERO basketball for nearly a year and he should revert back to HS bad a$$ form instantly? I’m glad the kid can play. Period. He’ll come around. Looking forward to watching him be so good from distance that a head fake gives him an easy drive or dish.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sassy61
Lol. Sure. He’s played ZERO basketball for nearly a year and he should revert back to HS bad a$$ form instantly. I’m glad the kid can play. Period. He’ll come around. Looking forward to watching him be so good from distance that a head fake gives him an easy drive or dish.
I realize that and why I said so fair. I did not say as the year goes on.

Reactions: JIMSHAM
I realize that and why I said so fair. I did not say as the year goes on.
What? You edited to this? Your quote is above. That’s exactly what you said. lol I just hope he can continue to be healthy and make progress.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT