ADVERTISEMENT

Kavanaugh

These kind of threats would have happened from the moonbatd on the left if this was a Democratic President’s nominee and a woman made the same claim. The fringes aren’t most of us. At least it’s not me, I won’t speak for you.
I'm curious. Do you have any examples of the "moonbat left" doing this sort of thing? I'm not denying they would. I'm just curious, because I can think of many examples of this happening from the right, but nothing from the left is coming immediately to mind. I'm sure I just have a bad memory.

Reactions: Jeb MT Mater
Because attempted rape is always funny to people like you, Trump , stoll and other Neanderthals.

Attempted rape not funny at all. Kavanaugh says it didn’t happen. He has no way to prove he didn’t. Presumption of innocence no longer exists if a women says anything about a man. Call me whatever you want. You’re no damn better convicting a man with no evidence.

Maybe one of your many friends will come forward with eyewitness testimony.

If this lady didn’t want to come forward she has no one to blame but left wing democrats that didn’t give a damn about her and outted her.

Because attempted rape is always funny to people like you, Trump , stoll and other Neanderthals.
I'm not saying anyone thinks rape is funny, but I do find it interesting that some people always give the benefit of the doubt to the man...when he's a Republican.

Say what you want about Democrats, they have mostly walked the walk and talked the talk when it comes to holding their own accountable since #MeToo started. Not perfect, of course, but they've stood up fairly well. Republicans haven't.

I'm curious. Do you have any examples of the "moonbat left" doing this sort of thing? I'm not denying they would. I'm just curious, because I can think of many examples of this happening from the right, but nothing from the left is coming immediately to mind. I'm sure I just have a bad memory.
You could Google it or just read the comments on many articles, but here is a taste. It’s from The Federalist, but it has links and there are many articles if you actually do Google. I could paste thousands of things from the GWB years.

So rumors are the Professor and her attorney will not appear Monday. They will wait on FBI investigation. What’s the FBI going to investigate? She can’t even tell them the year to start investigating.
This has nothing to do with finding the truth or even determining Kavanaugh's suitability for the court. It is a fundraising vehicle. It is a way of providing the leeway so vulnerable Red State Democratic Senators can plausibly vote against Kavanaugh. It makes it easier to corral the votes of Susan Collins and Lisa Murkowski. It should also be a warning to every male SCOTUS nominee that this is what you have to look forward to.

Attempted rape not funny at all. Kavanaugh says it didn’t happen. He has no way to prove he didn’t. Presumption of innocence no longer exists if a women says anything about a man. Call me whatever you want. You’re no damn better convicting a man with no evidence.

If this lady didn’t want to come forward she has no one to blame but left wing democrats that didn’t give a damn about her and outted her.

Feinstein hadn't told a soul about this since she got the letter in July..... unitl last week. Which means one of two things:

- She didn't believe Ford and still doesn't but sees it as an opportunity to sink Kavanaugh.

- She believed Ford, but didn't care until it was politically convenient for her to care

She is actually kind of brilliant for sitting on this, at least one Democrat knows how to play politics.

Last edited:
Reactions: stollcpa
I'm not saying anyone thinks rape is funny, but I do find it interesting that some people always give the benefit of the doubt to the man...when he's a Republican.

Say what you want about Democrats, they have mostly walked the walk and talked the talk when it comes to holding their own accountable since #MeToo started. Not perfect, of course, but they've stood up fairly well. Republicans haven't.
Since the #MeToo movement for Franken, but not Ellison. When it works for power purposes, but not when it doesn’t.

Reactions: stollcpa

Is Ellison innocent?

You could Google it or just read the comments on many articles, but here is a taste. It’s from The Federalist, but it has links and there are many articles if you actually do Google. I could paste thousands of things from the GWB years.
Oh, if you just meant that some liberals also behave poorly, well, duh, obviously. I thought you might have examples of the "moonbat left" attacking a woman who accused a liberal of some sort of sexual misconduct*. I guess not.

* Somewhat recent, of course. We don't need to rehash Clinton. We've already been over it in a thread in which I unambiguously sided with those who agreed that Dems dropped the ball back then.

Reactions: Bill4411
This has nothing to do with finding the truth or even determining Kavanaugh's suitability for the court. It is a fundraising vehicle. It is a way of providing the leeway so vulnerable Red State Democratic Senators can plausibly vote against Kavanaugh. It makes it easier to corral the votes of Susan Collins and Lisa Murkowski. It should also be a warning to every male SCOTUS nominee that this is what you have to look forward to.

I said earlier in this thread but it got overlooked.

Merrick Garland raped me in 1992 at an undisclosed placed at an undisclosed time.

I would have come forward but you know......... he was never given a hearing.

Reactions: MonroeCity

Why are you opposed to an independent investigation by professional investigators? Are you not interested in getting to the bottom of this?

Oh, if you just meant that some liberals also behave poorly, well, duh, obviously. I thought you might have examples of the "moonbat left" attacking a woman who accused a liberal of some sort of sexual misconduct*. I guess not.

* Somewhat recent, of course. We don't need to rehash Clinton. We've already been over it in a thread in which I unambiguously sided with those who agreed that Dems dropped the ball back then.
Of course the Clinton era tactics should count. Clinton and his surrogates were in the midst of destroying Monica Lewinsky as a person when the blue dress became known. I wouldn’t call them moonbats necessarily, but I they were extremely partisan.

Domestic violence against a former girlfriend
Yes, I know. He was accused of grabbing her by the legs and pulling her from the bed. An awful display, to be sure, and not any way I've ever treated - or I hope, would ever treat - a woman. But it's a far cry from, you know, attempted rape. It's a far cry even from what Franken was accused of, which was awful and personally humiliating to the alleged victims, but itself was still a far cry from, you know, attempted rape.

So on some things that fall short of attempted rape, the Dems step up and drop the hammer. On other things that fall far short of attempted rape, the Dems don't drop the hammer. So there are a variety of responses to accused behaviors that all fall short of attempted rape.

But the Republicans are responding in this way to, you know, attempted f***ing rape.

You want to give Kavanaugh the benefit of the doubt? You want to demand the charge proved before you condemn him? Fine. Me too. But get off your high f***ing horse, and don't for one second start to play the whataboutism card because some Dems haven't fully condemned every Dem who has been accused of things that, once again, and this can't be stressed enough, fall far short of attempted f***ing rape.

No you misunderstand. Everything. If she had come forward when Kavanaugh was on the DC Circuit Court or any of the 3+ decades before last week, her blowback would have been essentially nil.

Her and Feinstein coordinated this when Kavanaugh was up for vote because they're both political hacks.

I guess she only cares about being raped when she can use it to sink a nomination.
Not true at all, and shows how little you actually know about the subject. But I’m sure you could care less about doing any research. There would have been blowback had she reported it immediately. Obviously not of a national kind, but most certainly in her town, in her school, in his school, etc. Are you honestly that unaware or naive at what happens when women come forward with these type of allegations?

Of course the Clinton era tactics should count. Clinton and his surrogates were in the midst of destroying Monica Lewinsky as a person when the blue dress became known. I wouldn’t call them moonbats necessarily, but I they were extremely partisan.
Not for our discussion, they shouldn't. I've already said I agree the Dems dropped the ball, and I could bring up upteen million bad Republican actors from the same period. We're talking about the here and now. I said the Dems have done a decent job of responding to #MeToo, while the Republicans haven't. You can't deny that by bringing up things the Dems did or didn't do three decades before #MeToo.

These kind of threats would have happened from the moonbats on the left if this was a Democratic President’s nominee and a woman made the same claim. The fringes aren’t most of us. At least it’s not me, I won’t speak for you.
We’ll never know will we? But my point isn’t political. My point is this is what happens when women come forward.

So she isn't going to testify under oath - even via a closed session. Wants the FBI to investigate something that they don't investigate.

I'm guessing Kavanagh will go back under oath and deny this entirely. Schedule the vote and move on.

Saw this today too... If the man is drunk, oh well see it’s not his fault. If the woman is drunk, oh well, see, it’s all her fault.

Why are you opposed to an independent investigation by professional investigators? Are you not interested in getting to the bottom of this?

What are they going to investigate? They’ve completed 6 background checks on Kavanaugh.

How do you know this? Nice of her to give up her life to fund raise for the senators she doesn’t know. Well done!

So she isn't going to testify under oath - even via a closed session. Wants the FBI to investigate something that they don't investigate.

I'm guessing Kavanagh will go back under oath and deny this entirely. Schedule the vote and move on.
Yeah, if she's playing three-dimensional chess, she just backed into a checkmate. Kavanaugh will be confirmed, if this new reporting is true. Done deal.

Reactions: twenty02
I said earlier in this thread but it got overlooked.

Merrick Garland raped me in 1992 at an undisclosed placed at an undisclosed time.

I would have come forward but you know......... he was never given a hearing.
Garland got denied a seat for being a Democrat, but you guys don’t mind sitting an accused sexual abuser on the court. But of course you don’t. 19 women accused Trump, you heard the tapes, and you still don’t care. So don’t pretend you care if she’s telling the truth.

She has also named the two other people at the party. In Anita Hill’s testimony there were multiple witnesses. Why aren’t we hearing from all of these people? These charges are just as serious as hers.

Yes, I know. He was accused of grabbing her by the legs and pulling her from the bed. An awful display, to be sure, and not any way I've ever treated - or I hope, would ever treat - a woman. But it's a far cry from, you know, attempted rape. It's a far cry even from what Franken was accused of, which was awful and personally humiliating to the alleged victims, but itself was still a far cry from, you know, attempted rape.

So on some things that fall short of attempted rape, the Dems step up and drop the hammer. On other things that fall far short of attempted rape, the Dems don't drop the hammer. So there are a variety of responses to accused behaviors that all fall short of attempted rape.

But the Republicans are responding in this way to, you know, attempted f***ing rape.

You want to give Kavanaugh the benefit of the doubt? You want to demand the charge proved before you condemn him? Fine. Me too. But get off your high f***ing horse, and don't for one second start to play the whataboutism card because some Dems haven't fully condemned every Dem who has been accused of things that, once again, and this can't be stressed enough, fall far short of attempted f***ing rape.

I answered the damn question man, take a facking chill pill.

But since you were suck a dick in your response:

It seems to me that Dems have stepped up and “dropped the hammer” when there was actual proof, such as the Franken photo. That was a no brainer they had to let him go or lose all mora high ground whatsoever.

Have the Dems actually “dropped the hammer” in a situation where it’s a pure “he said she said” with one alleged victim? If there has been I missed it.

For the record, I have the same stance on Ellison as I do with BK. Until there’s more proof or at least another woman claiming similar behavior it’s inappropriate to have that allegation solely torpedo Ellison or BK’s career.

She has also named the two other people at the party. In Anita Hill’s testimony there were multiple witnesses. Why aren’t we hearing from all of these people? These charges are just as serious as hers.

This whole thing has nothing to do with attempted rape.

Paul Bengals is on the sort list of Democrats that disgusted me so much that I switched my registration to Republican. Still can’t stand him.
Seriously? Paul Begala is a pretty white bread moderate Democrat. Yeah, he was on that TV show, and everyone was an ass on that show, but overall, he's pretty inoffensive. Hell, lots of liberals hate him because he's so strongly pro-life.

Reactions: sglowrider
Not true at all, and shows how little you actually know about the subject. But I’m sure you could care less about doing any research. There would have been blowback had she reported it immediately. Obviously not of a national kind, but most certainly in her town, in her school, in his school, etc. Are you honestly that unaware or naive at what happens when women come forward with these type of allegations?

So the best course of action is waiting until 36 years later when Kavanaugh's guilt is impossible to prove?

I dare say that these women need to come forward the moment an abuse occurs so that it's easier to nail the guy to the cross.

But that's the misogynist in me. I could never understand a woman's plight and the repercussions of coming forward.

They should all be subpoenaed in a closed session, IMO.

I feel a lot of emphathy toward Dr. Ford. It’s a shitty, shitty situation she’s found herself in. I do think she’s played this wrong and/or gotten poor advice from her counsel. I’m just an idiot 7th year transactional attorney and I could have told her it would end up like this.

I will give Dr. Ford the benefit of the doubt that she didn’t want to make this into a political circus, but it sure as hell looks like her attorney and DF wanted to and succeeded.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
There are hundreds, probably thousands of threads on twitter like this ( I’m well aware everything I see there may not be true), but wanted to give you a couple of samples: 1. I am 61. I was raped when I was 17. By a man I knew. I was a Virgin. I blamed myself. I was ashamed and embarrassed. I told no one for decades. It never goes away. 2. Like most women in America , this is a day I will never forget . It has wrecked me . It triggered every worst memory of my childhood , every moment of not being believed, every ounce of trauma. I am sickened by America. And I’m in bed at 7:30. 3. It hurts my heart to see so many women courageously strip off their scarred, protective skin to reveal their most intimate traumatic wounds publicly- all in an effort to make men take seriously accusations of sexual assault and rape. And we do it over and over again.
Just a couple of the more poignant examples.

They should all be subpoenaed in a closed session, IMO.

I feel a lot of emphathy toward Dr. Ford. It’s a shitty, shitty situation she’s found herself in. I do think she’s played this wrong and/or gotten poor advice from her counsel. I’m just an idiot 7th year transactional attorney and I could have told her it would end up like this.

I will give Dr. Ford the benefit of the doubt that she didn’t want to make this into a political circus, but it sure as hell looks like her attorney and DF wanted to and succeeded.
I don’t think any of this needs to be televised. I think it could all be in closed session.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT