ADVERTISEMENT

Kanon Catchings

I think you are totally wrong, without Edey Purdue will be up tempo and Smith won't have to wait on Edey to get down the floor! Purdue will spread the floor more and with the 5 or 6 players who are excellent 3% shooters. Painters has always been one of the best on offensive efficiency in the college game. Purdue will be a very good offensive team. Its tough when your team has only one 3 point threat, and a team like Purdue is loaded!
Did you not watch a single second of the UConn game?

This has been discussed many times and explained clearly. With Catchings showing up, Purdue would have been one over. Someone would come off scholarship. However, the tuition, room and board, etc. would be covered by an increased NIL allotment to compensate.

So how is that a Creaning according to the normal definition of the term? That player would have his academic costs covered and a place on the team. He would be economically neutral. That is not a Creaning.

With Catchings leaving, it becomes moot. The player just takes the scholarship spot. Why is that shady? Paying a player a million dollars a year is OK but covering tuition is bad? You cannot be serious. NIL and the portal have made the NCAA into the Wild West. There are basically no rules.

Last edited:
How quickly you forget Loyer crumbling when he didn’t have the entire defense crashing down on Edey. There won’t be a double team in sight for TKR which means that your “5-6 shooters” will have hands in their faces all day. Who are the 5-6 shooters that can get their own look? Sure, Colvin and Heide’s numbers look good, but they took less than 3 a game combined. Those were mostly wide open because of Edey. I acknowledge that Painter will have a game plan, but I think this will be his least talented team in years. I foresee results much more like 19-21 seasons vs his better seasons. You clearly disagree, but I sure as hell like my odds. Again, give me the names of your shooters that can find their own looks…
Whats being reported so far out of Purdue camp, is that Painter has done it again! 4 freshman who can play ball, the most impressive, CJ Cox, can do it all, shoot drive knock down the 3 and is going to be a lock down defender. Burgess has come in and is a physical big man who can shoot the 3, is ready to play! Jacobson (7-3) might start, can shoot the 3 and is going to be a great shot blocker. Harris is trying out for the Mexican National Team, is a tall guard who is a lock down defender and can get to the rim! Benter has been sick, but the guy can fill it up! Purdue might have the best guards in the country with Smith, Loyer, Colvin, Harris and Cox, all can shoot and will be directed by the best PG in the BIG! Like Painter said, if those guys who rated players knew anything about basketball or player evaluations, they would be coaching somewhere. Sorry, but Purdue is loaded, and young!

Whats being reported so far out of Purdue camp, is that Painter has done it again! 4 freshman who can play ball, the most impressive, CJ Cox, can do it all, shoot drive knock down the 3 and is going to be a lock down defender. Burgess has come in and is a physical big man who can shoot the 3, is ready to play! Jacobson (7-3) might start, can shoot the 3 and is going to be a great shot blocker. Harris is trying out for the Mexican National Team, is a tall guard who is a lock down defender and can get to the rim! Benter has been sick, but the guy can fill it up! Purdue might have the best guards in the country with Smith, Loyer, Colvin, Harris and Cox, all can shoot and will be directed by the best PG in the BIG! Like Painter said, if those guys who rated players knew anything about basketball or player evaluations, they would be coaching somewhere. Sorry, but Purdue is loaded, and young!
Well There It Is Jurassic Park GIF

FDU better watch out.

A fine collection of mid major talent ...

Reactions: Middawg
The best big Jacobsen went against was a 6-8 senior to be on the Argentine team, who is American with Argentine heritage. He’s from Columbus OH and per 247 and On3, holds zero D1 offers.

Listen i love woodson at coach i do but until i see woodson out coach painter iu fans can not say anythink about a big ten champonship purdue is still the favorite to win the big ten champonship

• Haha
Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
Listen i love woodson at coach i do but until i see woodson out coach painter iu fans can not say anythink about a big ten champonship purdue is still the favorite to win the big ten champonship
If mid-majors can clown Matt, then anybody can. I'm not saying Woodson's a great coach, but he has split with PU's greatest team ever. Without Edey, all Purdue will be winning is a tamponship. WTF is a champonship?

Lurch is gone. Incredible luck to stumble into a 2x NPOY who PU paid 50% or less of what he was worth. Not happening again.

The talent decline is already starting at PU. They’ll be good, but it’s back to being a team college basketball doesn’t care about much.

Lurch is gone. Incredible luck to stumble into a 2x NPOY who PU paid 50% or less of what he was worth. Not happening again.

The talent decline is already starting at PU. They’ll be good, but it’s back to being a team college basketball doesn’t care about much.
Winning does suck. I agree. Not sure what you are basing this “talent decline” on, but I’ll enjoy watching Purdue win a lot of basketball games.

• Haha
NPOY gone and recruiting being mediocre after you lost your top recruit. Sorry dude, I know this is hard for you to process and accept.
Recruiting is mediocre? How you figure? Best recruit based on rankings. We will see how it turns out. You are correct, it’s hard to process losing since Painter has consistently won a lot of basketball games the past decade.

• Wow
Conveniently ignoring that he was starting over Ngongba on the USA team , who is a Duke commit. That is a common occurrence among mid-major recruits.
High floor/low ceiling vs low floor/high ceiling. PN is raw and is sought after for his athleticism and future potential not his current ability... the other guy is dumpster trash whose skills are currently ahead of a raw high potential player. You would understand that IF you knew a damn thing about basketball but you don't.

This dynamic is also why Painters recruiting will never win a championship, he recruits almost exclusively high floor/low ceiling players from the dumpster. Even when he finds an occasional diamond with high potential like Edey, the low ceiling trash he surrounds them with eventually dooms his chances..

Last edited:
High floor/low ceiling vs low floor/high ceiling. PN is raw and is sought after for his athleticism and future potential not his current ability... the other guy is dumpster trash whose skills are currently ahead of a raw high potential player. You would understand that IF you knew a damn thing about basketball but you don't.

This dynamic is also why Painters recruiting will never win a championship, he recruits almost exclusively high floor/low ceiling players from the dumpster. Even when he finds an occasional diamond with high potential like Edey, the low ceiling trash he surrounds them with eventually dooms his chances..
What determines a player with high floor and low ceiling?

Reactions: Bill4411

The fact that Purdue has been ranked #1 in the country in three consecutive years, something that was not done by a B1G team for quite a number of years, would seem to be in conflict with your post. But I am sure that you know a lot more than all those dumb voters in the polls.

The fact that Purdue has been ranked #1 in the country in three consecutive years, something that was not done by a B1G team for quite a number of years, would seem to be in conflict with your post. But I am sure that you know a lot more than all those dumb voters in the polls.
Hang a banner for it then. If not, then who cares? Why are you so obsessed with IU?

• Love
No validation awarded.

Hang a banner or STFU.

Losing to a #13, #15, and #16 seed was also history.

Losing to a #13, #15, and #16 seed was also history.
History is history, there is no doubt of that.

But you have history as well. I recall clearly your predictions that Purdue would NEVER make a Final Four and that Edey would not be drafted and never play in the NBA. At this time and it is a very short few days to the NBA Draft, Edey is listed in mock drafts on ESPN.com and CBSSports.com as a first-rounder and possible lottery pick. Your first two are clearly wrong at this point and I cannot recall a first-round/lottery pick who did not play in the NBA so the third is not looking good for you.

Your history of prediction leaves something to be desired; and please do not pretend that you didn't very publicly make those predictions. History is history.

If they are so happy with their team than why are they on IU site spewing crap? That's what I don't understand. GO IU!
At this point I’m just trying to figure out What determines a player with high floor and low ceiling? And what makes Purdues recruiting mediocre.

Also, what else is there to do this offseason? Purdue and iu football are fairly large unknowns and not a lot of discussion on either. So….

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT