ADVERTISEMENT

Kanon Catchings

It’s the officially renamed, politically incorrect Jordan River. It runs adjacent to the world’s largest student union building, through Dunn Meadow. Likewise, Jordan Ave is now Eagleson Ave. It later dawned upon the more modern day holier-than-thous that IU’s first president, David Starr Jordan, was a racist pig so IU made sure he never squeals again.
Stupid as shit. For most of us the names did not change.

We'll see. I'm 70 years old and I'm not sure Purdue has ever had a team that legitimately could say they were ever the favorite to win it all. The 68-69 team is easily the best Purdue team I've ever seen but they weren't ever going to beat an Alcindor-led team, and in fact lost to that UCLA team twice that year.

I'm sure millennial @BoilerN will tell you Purdue was a lock to win it all the year Hummel tore his ACL in January or Clinton County Miracle Baby @rsomm will say Purdue wins it all if Big Dog wasn't love wrestling with his teammates in the hotel room, but lightning is going to need to strike twice for Matt Painter to overachieve in March and he'll coach there another 25 years.
Hey. Glad to hear you are thinking of me! I feel bad that I don't think of you when talking sports. Though, not sure if you are implying millenial is an insult... That team had a good shot at the final 4 if healthy. Hard to argue otherwise. Hard to say a team is a lock to win it all as that takes a little luck. Since you insisted in calling me out, why didn't that Hummel team have a good chance at a final 4 or championship?

Hey. Glad to hear you are thinking of me! I feel bad that I don't think of you when talking sports. Though, not sure if you are implying millenial is an insult... That team had a good shot at the final 4 if healthy. Hard to argue otherwise. Hard to say a team is a lock to win it all as that takes a little luck. Since you insisted in calling me out, why didn't that Hummel team have a good chance at a final 4 or championship?
Just inevitably setting the record straight. We all know you would have interjected your thoughts at one point or the other.

Stupid as shit. For most of us the names did not change.
And to me it is still Deer Creek Music Center.

Jordan’s name was more or less wiped off the walls of history, not just here, but at Stanford and a lot of other places. No name plate is sacred. Good becomes bad easier than bad becomes good. Change happens without asking. I’ve always been of the opinion nothing public should be named after someone, dead or alive. Give it more thought, something everyone can enjoy through the coming generations and beyond. Name it after a person and just a few generations later, if that long, no one cares. I understand the thoughtfulness at the time, but come on, Man, there are better ways to honor a man.

Reactions: Courtsensetwo
Just inevitably setting the record straight. We all know you would have interjected your thoughts at one point or the other.
No. I quit paying attention a while ago. This thread isn't even on topic with the post anymore. And even when it was, it was just people claiming they know something. Though, it was fun to read everyone thinking they knew.

But what record you setting straight? That the baby Boilers had a legit final 4 chance? I agree.

• Haha
Reactions: HoosierJimbo89
And to me it is still Deer Creek Music Center.

Jordan’s name was more or less wiped off the walls of history, not just here, but at Stanford and a lot of other places. No name plate is sacred. Good becomes bad easier than bad becomes good. Change happens without asking. I’ve always been of the opinion nothing public should be named after someone, dead or alive. Give it more thought, something everyone can enjoy through the coming generations and beyond. Name it after a person and just a few generations later, if that long, no one cares. I understand the thoughtfulness at the time, but come on, Man, there are better ways to honor a man.
Yup Deer Creek and Hoosier Dome.

No. I quit paying attention a while ago. This thread isn't even on topic with the post anymore. And even when it was, it was just people claiming they know something. Though, it was fun to read everyone thinking they knew.

But what record you setting straight? That the baby Boilers had a legit final 4 chance? I agree.
They wore jerseys that said Purdue across the front. For some reason, that alone seems sufficient to cast doubt that they were legit F4 contenders.

• Haha
Reactions: HoosierJimbo89
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT