ADVERTISEMENT

Kaepernick takes a knee and is blackballed from the NFL. Kareem Hunt beats the sh!t out of a woman..

Brady & Manning's record when sacked 5+ times is actually pretty pedestrian. Are we sure they're even all that great?

When it comes to color analysts, most are either 1) trying to get back in the league and are afraid to say anything or 2) feel they must dumb it down for us morons. As much as I did not like Romo as a QB, he is light years better than all the other color guys.

Reactions: MrBing
When it comes to color analysts, most are either 1) trying to get back in the league and are afraid to say anything or 2) feel they must dumb it down for us morons. As much as I did not like Romo as a QB, he is light years better than all the other color guys.
Curious why you didn’t like him as a QB

What do these TV NFL analysts have in common...Aikman, Bradshaw, Gannon, Simms, Theisman, Griese, Young, Romo (to name a few) ?.

All former quarterbacks who have helped make NFL quarterbacks both overpaid and overrated in importance.

Last edited:
Reactions: Marvin the Martian

Hate the Cowboys. I was a brief Cowboy fan, my dad rooted for the Pack in the Ice Bowl so I liked Dallas. That lasted a couple years, then the whole America's Team thing annoyed me. I still liked them ok until Jones bought them. I may be the last person in America who hates brash arrogance, but I do. I like quiet incompetence like Mike Brown:).

Reactions: MrBing
Romo was an excellent QB despite spending a lot of his career behind bad offensive lines. When he finally had a good O line and running game he broke his back. He had something left in the tank when he retired, but he and the Cowboys probably did the right thing by moving past the Romo era.

Romo was an excellent QB despite spending a lot of his career behind bad offensive lines. When he finally had a good O line and running game he broke his back. He had something left in the tank when he retired, but he and the Cowboys probably did the right thing by moving past the Romo era.
Agree. I think he was an excellent QB. His stats are borderline HoF-worthy but he doesn’t deserve that honor. Very good player on some really bad squads.

Kizer was acquired for this season, not last season. Kaep was available before last (the 2017) season started.

You're missing my basic point, though. Kaep brings no baggage -- the so-called baggage is an invention of hypocrites who advocate for the First Amendment and then get their panties up in a bunch about Kaep's exercise thereof. Kap didn't disrespect the Flag, the military or anything else the ignorantsia pretends he dissed.

You ignore wtf you want, maestro. You've exercised your freedom to be a dick plenty enough.

I keep seeing people say this. Why?

That’s literally the reason he gave for kneeling.

“I can’t show respect to the flag of a country that oppressed millions of its own citizens”.

That was HIS QUOTE.

Are you saying he was lying?

“I can’t show respect to the flag of a country that oppressed millions of its own citizens”.

That was HIS QUOTE.

Looking at that quote, where does he say he down not respect police, fire, military? He is unhappy with the country, that does not necessarily equate to those other things he is accused of.

How exactly is that clear?
If you’re really interested in furtherance of your agenda, regardless of what it is, you don’t settle and sign a confidentiality agreement with the entity that you’re fighting.

Whatever you think of Kap, it’s clear that the NFL offered to write him a check to shut up and he took it.

Reactions: glidresquirrel
If you’re really interested in furtherance of your agenda, regardless of what it is, you don’t settle and sign a confidentiality agreement with the entity that you’re fighting.

Whatever you think of Kap, it’s clear that the NFL offered to write him a check to shut up and he took it.
You think he’s not going to continue what he’s doing?

You're not jealous. You're projecting your priorities on other people.

If I wanted to go all the way to prove a point, I wouldn't settle for money. I would win my case.
Some whataboutism: You mean like Trump settled Trump U and most of his other lawsuits?
I’ll be interested to see what Kap does next. I’ll be interested to see what the AA community thinks about the settlement. Also if he makes a statement and does something with a good portion of the money, as he has done in the past.

He’s sure as hell not doing anything regarding the NFL colluding against him. He can’t.
He never really could. His case was one that always going to be impossible to prove. You think they were going to find tapes, texts or emails? It’s more likely something everyone knew, but impossible to prove.

Last edited:

That was HIS QUOTE.

What are you trying to say here?

Lurker said Kap wasn’t disrespecting the flag.

I pointed out that Kap SAID he was disrespecting the flag.

It’s pretty simple, yes?
I’m on the side of thinking what he was doing was a bad idea because it’s got very little upside and too much downside in the long run.

That being said “can’t show respect to the flag” <> “disrespect”.

I am sure some will be happy about this, an 11 year old arrested for because teacher is ignorant of constitution not requiring standing for Pledge*.

*edited based on complaints below.

Last edited:

Kap did his civic duty.

The federal tax collectors will will get a payday. If Kap still lives in California the state gets a big cut too. Then the attorneys will probably get something like one-third, and the attorney's pay taxes on the fee. All in all, the settlement is a good day for the government Kap disrespects. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Reactions: glidresquirrel
C'mon marv. That's not why the kid was arrested.
That is the only story on it I have seen, and it says that is the reason the police were called. Would Fox lie? If you have a story showing police were called for other reasons, I will happily retract.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT