ADVERTISEMENT

Kaanan Carlyle

On3 uses an algorithm to come up with a valuation. Their numbers skew high, so it’s not too helpful.

“A proprietary algorithm, the On3 NIL Valuation establishes the overall NIL market and projected 12-month growth rate by measuring two categories, NIL Index and Roster Value Index.”

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
On3 uses an algorithm to come up with a valuation. Their numbers skew high, so it’s not too helpful.

“A proprietary algorithm, the On3 NIL Valuation establishes the overall NIL market and projected 12-month growth rate by measuring two categories, NIL Index and Roster Value Index.”
Is there a better NIL valuation service$?

A systematic bias should be easy to correct.

OP claims it's basically automatic that players improve dramatically from their freshman to their sophomore years. My point is simply those two didn't. Clear now?
Where did he claim that it’s basically automatic that players improve? I would argue that most players do improve after their freshman year. I guess you disagree

OP mentioned Gunn and Banks. I would disagree that Galloway hasn’t improved since his freshman year…
He’s absolutely wrong about Galloway. Except for regressing this season on 3s, he’s become a much better all around player. He improved each year. Took a while with Leal, but he’s improved to the point of contributing off the bench.

If you think Trey Galloway was the same player as a freshman that he was last season then this is a pointless conversation. Go look at his stats.. I don’t know what else to tell you
Went from 20 min a game and 3.6 PPG to 33min per game as a senior and 10.6 pts

He’s absolutely wrong about Galloway. Except for regressing this season on 3s, he’s become a much better all around player. He improved each year. Took a while with Leal, but he’s improved to the point of contributing off the bench.
Galloway production hasnt changed much from freshman to senior. Look at his numbers.

Point he is making is that: Banks, Gunn, Leal and you could argue Galloway….havent gotten better under Woody. The bigs have developed but his guards haven’t.
If you look at TJD’s Soph (pre CMW) stats vs Senior stats small difference. Race’s stats got worse pre Wodson to fifth year.

It’s still pretty big. All week party now, not just two days. They don’t care that much about the races but the parties are still big.
When did you attend IU and when was it only a 2 day party? I attended IU during the 90’s and the parties lasted all week leading up to and including the night of L5. The parties were big every night.

Reactions: Cavanagh
Per game average would have been similar if you go by per minute production
You’re bad at math but that’s beside the point.. there is more to basketball than scoring. That’s another issue on this board. Some of the self proclaimed geniuses of this board act like what IU needs is 5 kids to stand around the arc that shoot 40% from 3. You need athletes that can score at the rim/get by their defender, shooters, and post players. They all work together……

You’re bad at math but that’s beside the point.. there is more to basketball than scoring. That’s another issue on this board. Some of the self proclaimed geniuses of this board act like what IU needs is 5 kids to stand around the arc that shoot 40% from 3. You need athletes that can score at the rim/get by their defender, shooters, and post players. They all work together……
I’m not bad at math…run the numbers jackass. They would be very similar averages.

As for needing athletes…yes however you have to have guys to spread the floor for those said athletes to penetrate. Geesh

Good luck with that was aimed at any school that think getting James is worth a big boost in their profile. I didn’t watch a single USC game this year, did you?
Nope but he was all over sport center non stop and social media. It def increases the schools coverage.

When did you attend IU and when was it only a 2 day party? I attended IU during the 90’s and the parties lasted all week leading up to and including the night of L5. The parties were big every night.
I attended ‘79-‘83 and it was the same, but then again it wasn’t hugely different from every other week. 😎

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT