ADVERTISEMENT

Kaanan Carlyle

20/33 = 3.6/x x= 5.94

Just under 6 ppg would be his average based on minutes if he is the same player he was as a freshman

Jackass
Yes and that is very similar to his senior numbers jackass.
5.9 pts per game
Vs

Wow such development!!!

That’s not the argument. You’re trying to say he hasn’t improved as a basketball player since his freshman year.. and you’re wrong about that
He has shown little change in his game. That’s not even debatable dude. He has increased his per game average in 4 years by very little across the board despite more minutes and a bigger role

Nope but he was all over sport center non stop and social media. It def increases the schools coverage.
Non-stop? I watch Sports Center regularly and I only recall seeing something about him a few times - like before he committed to USC and a few mentions after that. Then again, I don’t care much about schools other than IU because it’s my Alma Mater, UofL because I’m from across the river, UK and PU because I want them to lose, and USNA because I was in the Navy.

He has shown little change in his game. That’s not even debatable dude. He has increased his per game average in 4 years by very little across the board despite more minutes and a bigger role
Ok.. I think Carlyle would be a good piece for us and I expect him to improve his game over his 3 remaining years of eligibility and I am apparently dumb for thinking that…. ✌️

Non-stop? I watch Sports Center regularly and I only recall seeing something about him a few times - like before he committed to USC and a few mentions after that. Then again, I don’t care much about schools other than IU because it’s my Alma Mater, UofL because I’m from across the river, UK and PU because I want them to lose, and USNA because I was in the Navy.
I get what you’re saying and I can’t stand Lebron but all the Bronny hype is because of his name and his name brings coverage. Hence why his NIl value is so high.

Ok.. I think Carlyle would be a good piece for us and I expect him to improve his game over his 3 remaining years of eligibility and I am apparently dumb for thinking that…. ✌️
I would hope the same but we haven’t seen that from Woody coached guards. I would agree his bigs get better but his guards do not. Is that system? Probably

What you have is an opinion which isn’t supported by the stats or the eye test.

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
I get what you’re saying and I can’t stand Lebron but all the Bronny hype is because of his name and his name brings coverage. Hence why his NIl value is so high.
I’ll believe he’s worth $4.9 in NIL money if someone gives him that. 🤔

So how has he developed? He is same kid he was as a freshman.

So Gallo as a freshman could have put up 28 on Kansas and one of the top guard/wing defenders in CBB??

You are doubling down on your bad take.

Hard to say how the wrist injuries and other injuries have impacted Gallo's career shooting arc.

To say it's has no impact is again, another dumbass take in your attempt to pin it on CMW and the programs staff.

I would hope the same but we haven’t seen that from Woody coached guards. I would agree his bigs get better but his guards do not. Is that system? Probably
JHS and Cupps improved during their only and first year respectively. Galloway is much better now than as a Freshman. Leal has improved from non-contributor to contributor.

So Gallo as a freshman could have put up 28 on Kansas and one of the top guard/wing defenders in CBB??

You are doubling down on your bad take.

Hard to say how the wrist injuries and other injuries have impacted Gallo's career shooting arc.

To say it's has no impact is again, another dumbass take in your attempt to pin it on CMW and the programs staff.
Are you really using one game to support an argument? Again one game??

JHS and Cupps improved during their only and first year respectively. Galloway is much better now than as a Freshman. Leal has improved from non-contributor to contributor.
Good lord ok. Then why have we been so flipping bad? This great improvement you speak of wouldnt make us one of the worst back courts in college bball would it?

Good lord ok. Then why have we been so flipping bad? This great improvement you speak of wouldnt make us one of the worst back courts in college bball would it?
You said no improvement which is unsupported. I said they improved, which is clearly supported by the evidence. No one said “great improvement.” That’s you moving the goalposts because you’ve lost the argument.

Edit: And your assertion that we (my Alma Mater, so we and us applies) had one of the worst courts in college basketball is a very dumb opinion. However, you’re entitled to dumb opinions. Hyperbole much?

• Love
You said no improvement which is unsupported. I said they improved, which is clearly supported by the evidence. No one said “great improvement.” That’s you moving the goalposts because you’ve lost the argument.
Ok so “great” improvement vs incremental improvement is the argument. Got it

Because Cupps and Galloway should never have been playing the minutes they were playing and being in the roles they were in. Galloway is not going to be the lead guard of a top 10 team in college basketball. He never will. That doesn’t mean he hasn’t improved as a player. CMW put his eggs in the XJ basket. It didn’t work out for him. JHS left a year earlier than most expected. He couldn’t land a stud guard in the portal last year. All of these things are true. But now we have fans that turn every single thing the staff does into a negative. CMW mismanaged the roster. CMW has coached guards that have improved since they’ve been on campus. Both of these things can be true at the same time…..

I hope Galloway is on the bench but have a feeling Woodson will be starting him at shooting guard. I like Galloway but he should be a bench player on a good team. Listening to assembly call they have a feeling nothing is changing so be prepared.

I like DJ Wagner!s game a lot better then Bronny’s but my godness-lots of money for pedestrian bball.
DJ Wagner was the consensus number 1 recruit in the country but was outplayed by freshmen Dillingham and Sheppard and fifth year Reeves. Maybe the Swoosh family is a curse like the cover of Manning NFL so they need to pay a lot.

Ok so “great” improvement vs incremental improvement is the argument. Got it
No, the argument was between your unsupported opinion that there was no improvement vs. those that said there was some decent improvement. You through in the "great" to move the goalposts. Now you got it or should.

Idk honestly. He played better once he was the primary ball handler. JHS also came in as a 5 star and one that didn’t need much development
How many times do you need to be corrected on JHS? He was not a 5 star or projected as a one and done.

He was never brought here to be a shooter. He shot 18% from 3 as a freshman. You’re not gonna make a 40% 3 point shooter out of him. Player development isn’t a miracle working process.
How many 40% 3 point shooters actually exist per year? It’s a lower number than many realize. Especially volume guys. Look at Lance jones. He’s the volume guy on Purdue and he’s shooting it at 35%.

How many 40% 3 point shooters actually exist per year? It’s a lower number than many realize. Especially volume guys. Look at Lance jones. He’s the volume guy on Purdue and he’s shooting it at 35%.
Totally agree.. and most IU fans would kill for a Lance Jones on this roster

Totally agree.. and most IU fans would kill for a Lance Jones on this roster
Not me, as a shooter anyway, at 35%, that's an average shooter. Miller Kopp could do that, and IMO he was about where above average to good began, not great.

38%+? Sure, I'll take it! Seems like a little difference, but great ones do 40. Even with today's better defense of it and higher volume. Steve Alford and Jay Edwards would've today... They did 45-50 (In their day it was closer, and wasn't volume though.)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT