ADVERTISEMENT

Jussie Smollett attacked: Empire star assaulted in Chicago in suspected hate crime

Lol. You’ve decided that others posting tweets on this story have a dog in this fight while you don’t?

What’s the difference?

Do you think you’re just that much smarter than everyone else?
Well, I think I'm smarter than you. I have expressed no opinions about this. Like Hank, I have no idea what's going on here. But some of you made up your minds early, and are now obsessed with proving you're right. I simply find that obsession interesting.

But, it seems to me if that's what happened then the two men would not have been released without charges. What am I missing here?
If(and it’s still a big if), the whole story is fabricated and these two didn’t actually assault anyone, there would be nothing to charge them with.

Smollett is the one making the claims.

Reactions: HillzHoozier
Well, I think I'm smarter than you. I have expressed no opinions about this. Like Hank, I have no idea what's going on here. But some of you made up your minds early, and are now obsessed with proving you're right. I simply find that obsession interesting.
How do you know anyone has made up their minds? Have I made up my mind?

Please let me know so I can properly calibrate my level of outrage.

Reactions: Lucy01
It's hatred that motivates that one and many others here. They truly HATE Trump and they personally hate everyone who supports him. They think they are better than we are and hate us for his election. Now what does that hatred do? It justifies - in their minds - anything - yes ANYTHING - they do to harm this administration, his supporters and the nation.

These folks are very questionable types and not capable of lucid engagement such is their hate filled derangement.

1215_snowflake.jpg

The lawyer for the 2 men who were arrested and then released in connection with the alleged attack on Jussie Smollett says the new evidence that has changed this case is something her clients told cops.

Attorney Gloria Schmidt was at the Chicago police station Friday night, after her clients, Ola and Abel Osundairo, were released from custody. Schmidt said the "new evidence" that triggered the release of her clients was something they knew and presumably told cops....

...And, something else interesting ... she wouldn't answer why her clients went to Nigeria the day of the alleged attack, but added it was a "great question."

She said she didn't want to speak for her clients because they had a story to tell "when the time is right." That clearly sounds like they have inside information about what went down at Jussie's apartment building.

http://m.tmz.com/#!2019/02/16/jussie-smollett-suspects-lawyer-attack-release/

I said this earlier and it seems to have disappeared, so I’ll say it again.

Between this thread and the Phillips thread, you look completely ridiculous. But I’m guessing you’re to much of a pompous ass to realize it.

I hate Trump because I hate what he has done to the country and the vile person that he is. I don’t hate his supporters. I do think they are stupid, rich and only care about getting richer, or racist. It’s the only reason I can think of for anyone to still stand behind this clown.

I hate Trump because I hate what he has done to the country and the vile person that he is. I don’t hate his supporters. I do think they are stupid, rich and only care about getting richer, or racist. It’s the only reason I can think of for anyone to still stand behind this clown.

But will you stand behind Smollett still?

The most interesting item in that link was that one of the brothers owns a SINGLE SHARE of Berkshire Hathaway. How does that even happen?

Why is that surprising? It trades at $308K.

Class A shares do. I doubt this dude had a Class A share worth $300K, since the article describes them as struggling and having student loans, and making less that $200.00 per month. I'm guessing it's a class B share with costs a couple of hundred bucks, give or take.

But will you stand behind Smollett still?
You must be thinking of someone else. I expressed skepticism in my very first post. I’ve thought the story was fishy all along.

Reactions: hunkgolden
I said this earlier and it seems to have disappeared, so I’ll say it again.

Between this thread and the Phillips thread, you look completely ridiculous. But I’m guessing you’re to much of a pompous ass to realize it.

Did he delete a few of his posts? I am sure he did, as I remember one specifically where he called someone an a$$, and my last post about him adding extra surliness to his daily righteous indignation also seems to be gone. That is hilarious!

Did he delete a few of his posts? I am sure he did, as I remember one specifically where he called someone an a$$, and my last post about him adding extra surliness to his daily righteous indignation also seems to be gone. That is hilarious!
No Goat didn’t delete any post.

I have no idea who did it, but someone removed my original post concerning goats ridiculous double standard between the Smollett case and the Philips incident.

Reactions: All4You
No Goat didn’t delete any post.

Did somebody else come along and moderate a post that was part of chain of post/quotes? Dubya tee eff, there was nothing in there that came close to needing to be moderated. This isn't new, I have had this happen before where posts have disappeared

I have no idea who did it, but someone removed my original post concerning goats ridiculous double standard between the Smollett case and the Philips incident.

Well, Goat had a post where he called someone an a$$ and it seems to be gone, so I figured maybe he either had a change of heart and deleted it, or I suppose another with mod powers could do it. And I noticed your post was gone, as was my reply to one of your posts.

Well, Goat had a post where he called someone an a$$ and it seems to be gone, so I figured maybe he either had a change of heart and deleted it, or I suppose another with mod powers could do it. And I noticed your post was gone, as was my reply to one of your posts.
Most mods when they delete a post also delete replies. Probably our posts were deleted because we were responding to 1978.

I certainly don't regret calling him an ass.

Most mods when they delete a post also delete replies. Probably our posts were deleted because we were responding to 1978.

I certainly don't regret calling him an ass.
I didn’t curse or threaten anyone. I just highlighted your hypocrisy, which I repeated not 30 minutes later. That post, to my knowledge, hasn’t been removed.

Very odd.

Also, being labeled an ass by you is a point of pride for me. :D

Oh he’s ruffled the feathers of a few hosts at CNN for sure but what’s he done to the country?
Dude, he’s a buffoon. I respected Bush, Obama, etc, regardless of disagreements with policy. There is absolutely nothing to respect about Donald Trump. He’s a horrible human being. And he contradicts himself via his own freaking tweets. He’s a moron.

Reactions: MaxCoke
Yep that’s it he’s ruffles feathers at CNN. Hate crimes up dramatically, deficient ballooning in record numbers, US has lost the respect of nearly all of its allies, LGBTQ and women are under attack, children are bullying others in Trump’s name, children see the example Trump sets and thinks it’s ok to act like that, children have been separated from their families and lost, he listens to no one and is concerned about nothing but himself, he has convinced his base not to believe anyone but him, even thought his documented lies are now nearing 9,000. I could continue. But it appears you enjoy being the type of person Ann Coulter is talking about. I guess you know more than his closest advisors, who call him a moron and an idiot with the intelligence of a kindergartner. Who would have thought a reality star who was known to be corrupt would have issues trying to be a leader?

Reactions: MaxCoke
I didn’t curse or threaten anyone. I just highlighted your hypocrisy, which I repeated not 30 minutes later. That post, to my knowledge, hasn’t been removed.

Very odd.

Also, being labeled an ass by you is a point of pride for me. :D
Good for you. Its a non-event for me, but I'm glad it brings joy to someone. I like being a positive force in the world.

Well, a CNN news story just popped up on MSN.com's main page. .

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebr...ett-orchestrated-attack/ar-BBTGyvn?li=BBnbfcL

From the article...

Two law enforcement sources with knowledge of the investigation told CNN that Chicago Police believe Jussie Smollett paid two men to orchestrate the assault.

The brothers, who were arrested Wednesday, were released without charges Friday after Chicago police cited the discovery of "new evidence." The sources told CNN that the two men are now cooperating fully with law enforcement.

Smollett told authorities he was attacked early January 29 by two men who were "yelling out racial and homophobic slurs." He said one attacker put a rope around his neck and poured an unknown chemical substance on him.

The sources told CNN that there are records that show the two brothers purchased the rope found around Smollett's neck at an Ace Hardware store in Chicago.

As I posted initially in this thread, I wanted to believe him but what I didn't say was that simultaneously, I didn't want to believe him. Not because of any malice towards him, but I both wanted to believe that he wouldn't lie about something so serious and didn't want to believe something like this attack would happen (even though I know in my heart of hearts it could). If he orchestrated this, and it's looking an awful lot like he did, there are no winners in this. We all lose. He loses his reputation, likely his career and his dignity. True victims of prejudice and bigotry lose, as this act will be the first thing that comes to mind in the eyes of many the next time a something like this is reported. And regardless of the what or why of it, "IF" he did indeed fabricate this whole ordeal, I actually worry for him strictly from one human being to another. I cannot imagine what would drive him to do something so foolish, so ridiculous, so reckless. Whatever pressures or triggers that drove him to it are still there, only now amplified exponentially by the world knowing he lied. I truly worry for his physical and mental well being. I hope he has a strong support system around him. Thinking about this makes makes me feel ill (fecking empathy).

Well, a CNN news story just popped up on MSN.com's main page. .

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebr...ett-orchestrated-attack/ar-BBTGyvn?li=BBnbfcL

From the article...

As I posted initially in this thread, I wanted to believe him but what I didn't say was that simultaneously, I didn't want to believe him. Not because of any malice towards him, but I both wanted to believe that he wouldn't lie about something so serious and didn't want to believe something like this attack would happen (even though I know in my heart of hearts it could). If he orchestrated this, and it's looking an awful lot like he did, there are no winners in this. We all lose. He loses his reputation, likely his career and his dignity. True victims of prejudice and bigotry lose, as this act will be the first thing that comes to mind in the eyes of many the next time a something like this is reported. And regardless of the what or why of it, "IF" he did indeed fabricate this whole ordeal, I actually worry for him strictly from one human being to another. I cannot imagine what would drive him to do something so foolish, so ridiculous, so reckless. Whatever pressures or triggers that drove him to it are still there, only now amplified exponentially by the world knowing he lied. I truly worry for his physical and mental well being. I hope he has a strong support system around him. Thinking about this makes makes me feel ill (fecking empathy).
I do not believe this will ruin his career. In Hollyweird, he will be viewed as a victim and a hero regardless.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT