ADVERTISEMENT

Josh Hoover committed!!

He had offers from some good non-P5 programs like Memphis and SMU but nothing from the big Texas schools.

He's an interesting pickup, IMO. With Donovan McCulley being the face of the program for potentially 4 years after Penix graduates, I would assume the staff would plan on developing him for a number of years. Can't see him ever winning the job over McCulley...JMO.

Indiana's QB room is pretty damn stout. This program is on a collision course with a Big Ten Championship/CFP appearances.....

Reactions: vesuvius13
He's an interesting pickup, IMO. With Donovan McCulley being the face of the program for potentially 4 years after Penix graduates, I would assume the staff would plan on developing him for a number of years. Can't see him ever winning the job over McCulley...JMO.

Indiana's QB room is pretty damn stout. This program is on a collision course with a Big Ten Championship/CFP appearances.....

You never know....

By rankings standpoint, Tuttle should be a better quarterback than Penix. I mean, Tuttle was top 100 kid and elite 11 finalist. Penix was a four star but not a top 250 kid.

Rankings aren't always the end all be all. I wouldn't rule out Hoover, especially since he's always played in the top division in Texas.

You never know....

By rankings standpoint, Tuttle should be a better quarterback than Penix. I mean, Tuttle was top 100 kid and elite 11 finalist. Penix was a four star but not a top 250 kid.

Rankings aren't always the end all be all. I wouldn't rule out Hoover, especially since he's always played in the top division in Texas.
I agree.

While IU isn't in the position (yet) to get high 4* QBs every year, they are clearly able to bring in good QB talent each year by now. And that's for the best for everyone. Your top guys need pushed and you never know when someone comes in & surprises.

IU has had the bad habit (bred from necessity) at having a QB they've had to rely on to be a 3 or 4 year starter over & over again. I'm all for superstar generational type talent, but I'd be happy if the program were in the state where there's a RS-JR & a RS-SR competing every year for QB1. Sometimes we get a multi-year starter, sometimes it's a kid who has grinded it out and waited for his time to shine. And every once in a blue moon it's a special kid that the team can build around for 3-4 years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT