ADVERTISEMENT

Jordan Longino

I like his shooting ability over Aminu Mohammed. Same size of player. Free throw and 3 point shooting becoming a rare commodity at IU.

says lots of great, promising things about IU. But some of the sites think he's a lock for Villanova, being a local kid. We'll see. Good size for position, good shooting numbers. Definitely needed in Bloomington.

Reactions: kkott
says lots of great, promising things about IU. But some of the sites think he's a lock for Villanova, being a local kid. We'll see. Good size for position, good shooting numbers. Definitely needed in Bloomington.
I’ve only seen 1 vote for Villanova. I think we have a great shot at getting him. His Mom was very excited for the offer.

Reactions: kkott
I’ve only seen 1 vote for Villanova. I think we have a great shot at getting him. His Mom was very excited for the offer.
true actually very few of the so-called experts have weighed in on him lately. Hard to say, this is a strange period of time where unfounded speculation carries more weight than it should.

I will say, if Lander moves to the 2020 class, and we land Kaufmann and Longino in the 2021 class, we will have 2 solid back to back yrs (although still in need of another young big kid)

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
true actually very few of the so-called experts have weighed in on him lately. Hard to say, this is a strange period of time where unfounded speculation carries more weight than it should.

I will say, if Lander moves to the 2020 class, and we land Kaufmann and Longino in the 2021 class, we will have 2 solid back to back yrs (although still in need of another young big kid)

We would still have a open scholarship if my calculations are correct in that scenario.

I like his shooting ability over Aminu Mohammed. Same size of player. Free throw and 3 point shooting becoming a rare commodity at IU.

I don't think there's any reason we can't go after both. Lander, Longino and Muhammed have the size to play in a 3-guard lineup. I don't know if Archie wants to play a smaller lineup, I'm just saying that it doesn't have to be an "offer both and take whoever commits first" situation.

I don't think there's any reason we can't go after both. Lander, Longino and Muhammed have the size to play in a 3-guard lineup. I don't know if Archie wants to play a smaller lineup, I'm just saying that it doesn't have to be an "offer both and take whoever commits first" situation.

I'm fairly certain where Muhammed has a wingspan of 6'9, which allows him to play much bigger than he actually is.

Most think we won’t get 2 shooting guard/wing. I tend to agree we probably won’t get both.

IU will have 7 guys in the 1 2, or 3 spot at that point. They definitely don't need more than one guard in that class, and whomever they get should be a lights out shooter.

What they need in the '21 class are big guys.

Ideally they will sign two big men in 2021, but if the class is Longino, Muhammed, and Kaufman, a good coach will find a way to make it work. If TJD leaves, I agree we need another big, but that would also free up another scholarship.

I get why kids would want to play at Villanova. Jay Wright is a great coach with a great program. But we pass them in every other category. Living in Philly has to be rough.

Living in Philly has to be rough.

Villanova isn't in Philadelphia:

"The Philadelphia Main Line, known simply as the Main Line, is an informally delineated historical and social region of suburban Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. ... Today, the Main Line includes some of the wealthiest communities in the country, including Gladwyne, Villanova, and Radnor."

21 class includes Duncomb too. I would rather see a class of Duncomb,Kaufman,Longino and Patterson or Wesley.
Still say that class needs a PG. I guess most are thinking Lander stays 3 years? I just don't want to count on a freshman PG, let alone 2.

Still say that class needs a PG. I guess most are thinking Lander stays 3 years? I just don't want to count on a freshman PG, let alone 2.

I think with the age gap from going up a year in class that he's most likely a 3/4 year guy now. Had he stayed in HS then I would've guessed 2/3 years. It seems that a PG for '22 will be the real priority and that for '21 we're looking more at a class of Duncomb, Kaufman, and at least one out of Longino/Wesley/Muhammed. Will obviously depend on whether or not TJD goes pro, or stays for his Junior season, to give us the ability to take more than 1 out of that group.

Reactions: mattn7
I think with the age gap from going up a year in class that he's most likely a 3/4 year guy now. Had he stayed in HS then I would've guessed 2/3 years. It seems that a PG for '22 will be the real priority and that for '21 we're looking more at a class of Duncomb, Kaufman, and at least one out of Longino/Wesley/Muhammed. Will obviously depend on whether or not TJD goes pro, or stays for his Junior season, to give us the ability to take more than 1 out of that group.
I agree with you that we may get one of the three. Seems like Geronimo also overlaps somewhat with Longino. We really need to lock down Kaufman . The longer he waits the more troubling it becomes

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT