ADVERTISEMENT

John Calipari comments on OTF Tournament seeding

Oxford Collapse

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Listen, I'm not one to complain about something as trivial as a "seed." But Oxford Collapse was criminally underseeded as a 14.

images

"I mean, come on, Hank Reardon got a 7 seed. Are we not posting on the same forums here? I'm happy for Hank. But Hank cockblocked #Destiny for a full year, and I saw him getting a 7, I said what in the world, is Oxford going to get a 3 or a 2?"

Kings-want-John-Calipari-to-take-over-franchise.jpg

"Look, at the end of the day, they're not stealing my joy, that little group of 1 who says this year it's pictures of Asian butts. Well, last year it was hilarious original content, two years ago it was dank Brad Stevens memes. It's a moving target. Instead of making it this is how we're gonna rate these posters. They're not stealing my joy. We just had a great year."

images

"Just look over the years. It is what it is. Again, we don't have people with taste in that group that performs the seeding. The criteria, I argued with them. What is the criteria? You ready? Every member has his own criteria. What? So, is it shameful pandering to a bunch of middle aged douchebags chasing unrealistic body figures? Is it trolling the hell out of people who wanted to fire Mike Davis into the sun "because he was urban?" Is it Abugabby jokes, which should play a part in this. That means you understand quality sh*tposting. We're the number 1 poster sh*tposting wise in the trailer park."

Kentucky-sits-at-number-one..jpg

"I knew people would say how in the world did they have SuperHoosier a 6 and Oxford a 14 when they've actually been reading the forums for a year. Now, that means it was picked and they weren't literate, or didn't have a sense of humor. My argument with our moderators: why are we playing this tournament on a day before Tom Crean's crashed and burned against Chatanooga? It makes no...it doesn't help. It's like they aren't even thinking about this sh*t."

images

"I say it again: the greatest thing, you gotta play the matchups. I do know seed matters, most years. Moops has a big advantage. I'm hoping this year it doesn't matter as much because there's so much parity. Most years, the higher your seed, the better chance you have of winning. I've said that historically. That's why you can't just go mis-seed posters. You gotta be serious about it. You gotta be thoughtful about it. You can't have emotions, who you like, don't."

images

"See you in the Sweet 16, slapdicks."

Listen, I'm not one to complain about something as trivial as a "seed." But Oxford Collapse was criminally underseeded as a 14.

images

"I mean, come on, Hank Reardon got a 7 seed. Are we not posting on the same forums here? I'm happy for Hank. But Hank cockblocked #Destiny for a full year, and I saw him getting a 7, I said what in the world, is Oxford going to get a 3 or a 2?"

"Look, at the end of the day, they're not stealing my joy, that little group of 1 who says this year it's pictures of Asian butts. Well, last year it was hilarious original content, two years ago it was dank Brad Stevens memes. It's a moving target. Instead of making it this is how we're gonna rate these posters. They're not stealing my joy. We just had a great year."

images

"Just look over the years. It is what it is. Again, we don't have people with taste in that group that performs the seeding. The criteria, I argued with them. What is the criteria? You ready? Every member has his own criteria. What? So, is it shameful pandering to a bunch of middle aged douchebags chasing unrealistic body figures? Is it trolling the hell out of people who wanted to fire Mike Davis into the sun "because he was urban?" Is it Abugabby jokes, which should play a part in this. That means you understand quality sh*tposting. We're the number 1 poster sh*tposting wise in the trailer park."

"I knew people would say how in the world did they have SuperHoosier a 6 and Oxford a 14 when they've actually been reading the forums for a year. Now, that means it was picked and they weren't literate, or didn't have a sense of humor. My argument with our moderators: why are we playing this tournament on a day before Tom Crean's crashed and burned against Chatanooga? It makes no...it doesn't help. It's like they aren't even thinking about this sh*t."

images

"I say it again: the greatest thing, you gotta play the matchups. I do know seed matters, most years. Moops has a big advantage. I'm hoping this year it doesn't matter as much because there's so much parity. Most years, the higher your seed, the better chance you have of winning. I've said that historically. That's why you can't just go mis-seed posters. You gotta be serious about it. You gotta be thoughtful about it. You can't have emotions, who you like, don't."

images

That made me chuckle and I needed some pics to kill my boner after dahldc's and CPB's threads. Thanks.

images

images

images

images

CB6kUkGXIAAwPNp.jpg

images

images

images

images

You got a problem with seedings?!! YOU GOT A PROBLEM WITH SEEDINGS?!! I suggest you take it up with the fvckstick running this $hitshow! It's this guy....
150707173214-jared-fogle-cnnmoney-tease-large-169.jpg

Or is it this guy?....
3000.jpg

I don't know. Just make sure you bring one of these for his cat.
71vj5Jv8LlL._SL1500_.jpg

images

images

images

images

This may be the greatest post in the history of the OTF Tournament. I am now going to travel over to the Gameday board to vote for you, and you are the very first poster who has earned that effort from me. Well done.

Ditto. Poor Moops. It's the equivalent of some team coming out and dropping 25 three's on you.

This may be the greatest post in the history of the OTF Tournament. I am now going to travel over to the Gameday board to vote for you, and you are the very first poster who has earned that effort from me. Well done.
Don't go soft on me, now. I need to stick it to the #Haterz to make it to the second round.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT