ADVERTISEMENT

Joe called in to Hunter's business meetings 20 times

Fine and fair, but why has Biden been bold face lying about it for a few years?

This is already a political disaster for Biden and Biden only. If the Hunter crack escapades, ignored 7th grand daughter, and Joes constant lying were known, he would not be president. It would have created just enough doubt to swing the last election.
If he were running against a clean candidate, sure, but Trump's baggage makes Biden's optics problems seem pretty tiny.

But I'm not just talking about the POTUS race. Look at what happened electorally after the Clinton impeachment. Pretty much nothing. Look at what happened after the Trump impeachments. Pretty much nothing. Other than something huge like Watergate, these kinds of things don't really seem to move the needle. Best case for the GOP is to hold steady, and if they really overshoot, they could take a hit.

I don't know. We could be living in a world that's so partisan that none of this really matters, anyway. There may not be very many votes in play these days. But whatever is in play, you don't want to push them away by looking like you are using your position to go after your political opponents (which would be especially ironic in this case, since it's exactly what the GOP has been accusing the Dems of doing).

If he were running against a clean candidate, sure, but Trump's baggage makes Biden's optics problems seem pretty tiny.

But I'm not just talking about the POTUS race. Look at what happened electorally after the Clinton impeachment. Pretty much nothing. Look at what happened after the Trump impeachments. Pretty much nothing. Other than something huge like Watergate, these kinds of things don't really seem to move the needle. Best case for the GOP is to hold steady, and if they really overshoot, they could take a hit.

I don't know. We could be living in a world that's so partisan that none of this really matters, anyway. There may not be very many votes in play these days. But whatever is in play, you don't want to push them away by looking like you are using your position to go after your political opponents (which would be especially ironic in this case, since it's exactly what the GOP has been accusing the Dems of doing).
It's almost like filming during an election for head cook of "orange is the new black". But both voting blocks swear innocence of their candidate, but you can't be innocent, to even be allowed into the election to begin with....

anyone paying attention YET?

There may not be very many votes in play these days.
How there isn't a 3rd party candidate right now is beyond me, except that the two parties run the USA and, effectively, the world.

Chew on that for a sec. I can't think of a better time for a 3rd party candidate in the last 100 years. Manchin would probably win if Trump and Biden are the noms. And wtf does he care if he loses? He's rich as hell and connected. He's probably got enough connections on both sides of the aisle to put this shit to bed. Hell, I think he's holding out until the Dem/Pub primaries are close to settled. While there are a couple states where (I think) an independent would need to petition/pay a filing fee before the end of 2023 to get on the general ballot, most are well into next year. Obviously, any move Manchin makes will be seen as a threat by either party.

Maybe not Manchin but a funded/backed 3rd party would win if it's Trump v Biden 2.0.

How there isn't a 3rd party candidate right now is beyond me, except that the two parties run the USA and, effectively, the world.

Chew on that for a sec. I can't think of a better time for a 3rd party candidate in the last 100 years. Manchin would probably win if Trump and Biden are the noms. And wtf does he care if he loses? He's rich as hell and connected. He's probably got enough connections on both sides of the aisle to put this shit to bed. Hell, I think he's holding out until the Dem/Pub primaries are close to settled. While there are a couple states where (I think) an independent would need to petition/pay a filing fee before the end of 2023 to get on the general ballot, most are well into next year. Obviously, any move Manchin makes will be seen as a threat by either party.

Maybe not Manchin but a funded/backed 3rd party would win if it's Trump v Biden 2.0.
God I wish Ross Pero wasn't ... gone already.

I wonder if, deep down, even the most dyed-in-the-wool partisan knows that most of this stuff is just political mudslinging. Or if people have just become so inured to corruption that it's no big deal. Or that people just don't care about our country anymore.

I wonder all of this, because I think that if people (1) thought of themselves as true patriots, and (2) believed the most outlandish rhetoric that's been going on since GWBush, that we'd have a lot more assassination attempts. Especially given the rise of mental illness in this country.

I'm still really surprised there were no credible attempts on Obama or Trump's lives. That's a sign of something. Not sure what.

I wonder if, deep down, even the most dyed-in-the-wool partisan knows that most of this stuff is just political mudslinging. Or if people have just become so inured to corruption that it's no big deal. Or that people just don't care about our country anymore.

I wonder all of this, because I think that if people (1) thought of themselves as true patriots, and (2) believed the most outlandish rhetoric that's been going on since GWBush, that we'd have a lot more assassination attempts. Especially given the rise of mental illness in this country.

I'm still really surprised there were no credible attempts on Obama or Trump's lives. That's a sign of something. Not sure what.
I could easily see why Obama didn't have any notarized assassination attempts, but why THE Don didn't... that is a head scratcher to me. Heck, I figured someone would do/ attempt any time after he left office. I'm honestly shocked that it hasn't happened.

Mom: "Are you busy, honey?"
Me: "Yes."
Mom: "That's nice. Anyway, the reason I called is..."
I ran into Peter’s mom at the grocery store.
Peter? What?
Peter Macintyre. From your kindergarten!
Mom. I have no idea who that is and I’m slammed. I’m in a horrible fight with some guy on an online basketball forum.
Why would you do that. That’s probably why xxxxx left. Anyway. As I was saying. Peter’s doing great. He’s a doctor. You could have been a doctor. but she has kidney stones….

I could easily see why Obama didn't have any notarized assassination attempts, but why THE Don didn't... that is a head scratcher to me. Heck, I figured someone would do/ attempt any time after he left office. I'm honestly shocked that it hasn't happened.
Re Obama, there was a lot of vitriol. And while I think the racism charges against those who didn't like him were over the top (and damaging to the country as a whole), there is no doubt that there are still some hardcore, insane people in this country who are racist. That one of them didn't try surprises me still. But I guess that is one piece of evidence about just how far this country has come in 60 years.

I’m sure that’s what Hunter was trying to do. There’s nothing that says Biden isn’t allowed to say hello. Again, the committee time and again has pretended like they have something and then it’s a bust. Their own star witness admits they did NOT talk business.
I'm confused: Joe Biden called in to a conference call with Hunter and foreign businesses? Like he hopped on a conference call with Burisma or the Chinese company and Hunter and his biz partner, and just said "hey everyone. Joe Biden here."

Or he just called Hunter 20 times and his partner heard him in one-on-ones with his dad?

The first is fishy. The second is ridiculously innocent.

Re Obama, there was a lot of vitriol. And while I think the racism charges against those who didn't like him were over the top (and damaging to the country as a whole), there is no doubt that there are still some hardcore, insane people in this country who are racist. That one of them didn't try surprises me still. But I guess that is one piece of evidence about just how far this country has come in 60 years.
I come from stock that are much closer to this hardcore racist part of America than you can imagine, or at least agree to admit. With that said, I am still in TOTAL shock that someone(s) has not tried taking Trump out.
That is how much "better" the .001% racist (and it's a GD SMALL minority) are than the Trump haters, when it comes to me betting who will attempt placing a president in a forever box.

Reactions: anon_6hv78pr714xta
I'm confused: Joe Biden called in to a conference call with Hunter and foreign businesses? Like he hopped on a conference call with Burisma or the Chinese company and Hunter and his biz partner, and just said "hey everyone. Joe Biden here."

Or he just called Hunter 20 times and his partner heard him in one-on-ones with his dad?

Hint, Sardine cans in your sock drawer for a month, kind of fishy smell. Why would there be empty sardine cans in your sock drawer to begin with? Just sayin.

Reactions: DANC
I come from stock that are much closer to this hardcore racist part of America than you can imagine, or at least agree to admit. With that said, I am still in TOTAL shock that someone(s) has not tried taking Trump out.
That is how much "better" the .001% racist (and it's a GD SMALL minority) are than the Trump haters, when it comes to me betting who will attempt placing a president in a forever box.
There was much more vitriol and hyperbole thrown at Trump, and yes, given that I'm surprised no one made an attempt. But I feel that kind of response is more abstract and racist hate more visceral and therefore potent. But I don't really have much to back that feeling up with.

There was much more vitriol and hyperbole thrown at Trump, and yes, given that I'm surprised no one made an attempt. But I feel that kind of response is more abstract and racist hate more visceral and therefore potent. But I don't really have much to back that feeling up with.
In my opinion an only in my personal opinion, "racist" are very very quickly becoming "transactional" Racist.
It's individual, it's "they" won I didn't, it's they took the meth that I could have bought.
The "systemic" BS is only being pumped because there is one side of the isle that requires it like oxygen or PAC $.
Yea, there's some stupid, but they are getting 1000000 x air play than they actually are.

"I come from a family of hardcore racists but the ones who dislike Trump are worse! Believe me, I'm responding to a hypothetical about racists and say that Trump haters are worse because I know the racists so intimately ;)"

Damn bro don't out yourself like that, we prefer veneers around here.

• Haha
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Not my dad. But my mom…..”this’ll take just a second ok…..”.

I still miss it.

I take it your mother is no longer with us?

There's nothing stranger than losing your mother. I lost mine in 2008 and it was just.....weird. Like alone weird.

Unlike losing grandparents which was sad, losing a mother is a big slap reminder of our mortality, our aging and the one person who loved you unconditionally (in general).

Fine and fair, but why has Biden been bold face lying about it for a few years?

This is already a political disaster for Biden and Biden only. If the Hunter crack escapades, ignored 7th grand daughter, and Joes constant lying were known, he would not be president. It would have created just enough doubt to swing the last election.

Ugh.

Did you know polls hardly changed during 2020? They were the same in March, they were the same after the pandemic hit and they were the same after the Summer of Love.

2020 was about Trump. You either loved him and stuck with him through everything or you hated him and wanted him gone regardless of anything.

Two insanely disruptive events didn't change anything in polling, but you guys think a alleged business deal through a candidates son (who wasn't even in office and who you still can't tie back what he did in favor. He supposedly according to you took money. Guess what, taking money as a private citizen isn't illegal.
Buying political favors is, but not only can you not prove what he did for the money, you can't even prove that he took money in the first place. How much have you spent on these sham hearings? I thought you were all about frugality. Stop wasting our money on these empty, performative events) was going to swing the election?

What?

Secondly do you think that 'the laptop' wasn't known as a story and that if only the left media would have ran it more than Trump would have won?

You think the dumbass laptop story was going to be more important than the f#cking pandemic or George Floyd riots?

That's hilarious.

Last edited:
I mean, apparently, the GOP's own star witness testified that business didn't come up in any of the phone calls, so....

Repubs gotta bring better than this if they really want to win this thing. Going to be a political disaster for them if this is the best they can do, and they still press forward.

The so called crusaders of frugality need to stop wasting our time and money on these clown shows.

In the past month they've brought in RFK to embarrass himself, a UFO grifter looking for a book deal pay day that amounted to nothing, Durham to be embarrassed once again and now this laptop nonsense that again is just performative theater.

These are dumb, useless and wasteful events from three ring circus side show clowns.

I’m sure that’s what Hunter was trying to do. There’s nothing that says Biden isn’t allowed to say hello. Again, the committee time and again has pretended like they have something and then it’s a bust. Their own star witness admits they did NOT talk business.

Archer was always a bust and they knew that. Just like the multiple whistleblowers that magically disappeared or the so called tapes that they have, but they don't have, that no one has ever heard or seen but believe us, they exist maybe.

They knew they had nothing with Archer which is why they desperately tried to concoct a 'witness intimidation' lie this weekend and why they had him give his testimony behind closed doors, probably thinking they could spin it.

Hell the opposition (Dan Goldman) is requesting Comer and Jordan to release the testimony of their star witness.

That's extremely unusual and never good.

As TMP would probably say, this is 100% theatre for the rubes but it's costing us all money.

We gotta get these clowns out of there and attempt to do something that's actually beneficial.

There is no way they didn’t discuss business. As a father, there is no way he wouldn’t ask his son about his business

Well one no, we don't know that. We have to assume that.

Two, big deal if he did.

Three, what is the actual criminal intent that you are going for here? Bribery? What actual, tangible favors did he give? Sounds like 'he was opportunistic' is the worst thing here if the narrative you are pushing is true (and so far has been pretty embarrassingly bad when it's taken out of the right wing, conspiratorial echo chamber and viewed under the lens of an evidence driven discovery process).

Being opportunistic is not a crime. That's being a capitalist.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and MrBing

I think it's just impossible in the duopoly that we currently have set up with the amount of money and resources (along with the electoral college minimum, but I'm not as confident on that one).

Unfortunately we don't get our favorite candidate and it seems like we're entering an era where there's diminishing commonality from a political perspective that we don't vote for the best one, we vote for the one who won't cause the most damage to what we prefer.

It blows.

Reactions: larsIU

I agree wholeheartedly. I'm guessing our security is so top notch because I'm surprised the last three presidents haven't had attempts on them.

Not going to lie, I do fear some left loonybin is still going to take a shot at Trump.

That's all he needs is to be martyred, to unite the right and to historically paint the left as the ultimate, radicalized extreme group.

Last edited:
Reactions: larsIU
Well one no, we don't know that. We have to assume that.

Two, big deal if he did.

Three, what is the actual criminal intent that you are going for here? Bribery? What actual, tangible favors did he give? Sounds like 'he was opportunistic' is the worst thing here if the narrative you are pushing is true (and so far has been pretty embarrassingly bad when it's taken out of the right wing, conspiratorial echo chamber and viewed under the lens of an evidence driven discovery process).

Being opportunistic is not a crime. That's being a capitalist.
Twenty times a father joined phone calls when his son was meeting with business associates. Remove the name Biden from this known information. You think the father and son didn’t discuss the son’s business? Come on.

We know he had access to his father. “Illusion” doesn’t make sense.

I linked to the thread Pergram has that provided sourced information. Did you read that?

Comer needs to slow down his appearances on tV about this topic. He talks too much

Twenty times a father joined phone calls when his son was meeting with business associates. Remove the name Biden from this known information. You think the father and son didn’t discuss the son’s business? Come on.

We know he had access to his father. “Illusion” doesn’t make sense.

I linked to the thread Pergram has that provided sourced information. Did you read that?

Comer needs to slow down his appearances on tV about this topic. He talks too much
Well, yeah, of course Hunter had access to his father. I don’t think that’s what they mean with the illusion part, if that’s true.

"All the reports"? lmao I'm sure that's true for MSNBC and CNN.

Meanwhile, in the real world, no one is fooled that these calls were just to say Hi.

I'll just bet, if Trump did something like that, you would think it was just innocent.
Congressmen are leaking it as they always do and Democrats are calling for release of the transcript but Pubs don't want to do that. That's a strong indication that it was a bust. What crime do the Pubs think they're closing in on? They're striking out. When do they end this witch hunt?

They don't win. They never have.

All the reports are that the testimony was a bust for the Republicans. They were claiming that the testimony would show that Hunter and Joe discussed business but it didn't. The way you try to twist a bust into something is amazing. There is no evidence that Hunter and Joe were doing any business together.
Bing nothing may ever be proved but you’re to smart of a man to not see the purpose of these calls.

They don't win. They never have.
This might be teh best chance ever.

Perot had to deal wtih Clinton and Bush. They were formidable. Trump and Biden are, decidedly, not. I know you're right, but dare to dream.

This might be teh best chance ever.

Perot had to deal wtih Clinton and Bush. They were formidable. Trump and Biden are, decidedly, not. I know you're right, but dare to dream.
I was too young to remember very much about that election but Perot did well as a third party candidate and won no EC delegates. He might have put Clinton in the WH which is OK with me but my worry is that a third party race could put Trump back in the WH and that wouldn't be OK with me.

I was too young to remember very much about that election but Perot did well as a third party candidate and won no EC delegates. He might have put Clinton in the WH which is OK with me but my worry is that a third party race could put Trump back in the WH and that wouldn't be OK with me.
During early summer, Perot was consistently in the lead. Then dirty politics from the bush camp convinced him to drop out. He got back in, but never climbed to where he had been.

Yeah I don’t know. I assume we will find out eventually.

• Haha
Congressmen are leaking it as they always do and Democrats are calling for release of the transcript but Pubs don't want to do that. That's a strong indication that it was a bust. What crime do the Pubs think they're closing in on? They're striking out. When do they end this witch hunt?
You're sadly mistaken. They said before the hearing that is would be at least 3 or 4 days before the transcript is released.

How many times does Joe need to call and talk about the weather? Is that all he talked about when he met with the Russian oligarch's wife at Cafe Milano before she cut a check to Hunter for $3.5 million?

Again, stop watching MSNBC and CNN - it is altering your reality.

Dems stated that witness said there was no business on the calls. Repubs didn't contradict that. They would have if Dems were lying.
Are you seriously this naive?

Joe was never in it to discuss business on the calls or dinners at Cafe Milano. He was there so Hunter could show he could get his attention any time he wanted to.

These foreign entities were all in legal trouble and needed help - that's what Archer said - they were buying the 'Biden brand'. What do you think the 'Biden brand' entails, if not access to Joe? Hunter's business expertise? lmao Puhleeee-eeeeze.

2+2=4

Are you seriously this naive?

Joe was never in it to discuss business on the calls or dinners at Cafe Milano. He was there so Hunter could show he could get his attention any time he wanted to.

These foreign entities were all in legal trouble and needed help - that's what Archer said - they were buying the 'Biden brand'. What do you think the 'Biden brand' entails, if not access to Joe? Hunter's business expertise? lmao Puhleeee-eeeeze.

2+2=4
They post all this stuff early when they know you are asleep. Then. SHOCK!! BAM!!! You’re up and ready for em!!!

They post all this stuff early when they know you are asleep. Then. SHOCK!! BAM!!! You’re up and ready for em!!!
I left Lafayette, IN at 3:30am yesterday morning and got to Charlotte around 1:30. Got up this morning at 7 to take the grandkids to their daycare, went to the store, and did some laundry. I feel like I've put in a full day already. lol I don't bounce back from those long drives like I used to.

• Love
Reactions: mcmurtry66
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT