ADVERTISEMENT

Jeff Goodman Just Reported Alford Staying at Indiana

frydaze

Recruit
Nov 25, 2001
Goodman is as reliable as there is in the business so if he's reporting it, I believe it.

HE has. Donovan said no interest. He's not going to hold a press
Conference over turning down Indiana. It was never an option for him. In the next 5-8 years he can have Duke, UNC, UK, etc. he can take his pick. Indiana is not that program. Sorry.
Don't be sorry, it's not your fault.

Apparently negotiation broke down btw IU and Alford. He never said this last week. Now we can start to talk to other candidates because UCLA opening will not be available.

Reactions: Hoosierjeff71
Goodman also threw out a name - Woodson. He wasn't big on it, but that would concern me if I were an IU fan that its already at that level of discussion in coaching choices available.

If true, IU has not done it's homework before firing Crean. I thought they would not be that dumb.

HE has. Donovan said no interest. He's not going to hold a press
Conference over turning down Indiana. It was never an option for him. In the next 5-8 years he can have Duke, UNC, UK, etc. he can take his pick. Indiana is not that program. Sorry.
In 8 years donovan will be 60 years old. Those programs aren't hiring a 60 year old coach.

Also, where did donovan say he had no interest in iu? Link?

Reactions: ClayCoGuy
In 8 years donovan will be 60 years old. Those programs aren't hiring a 60 year old coach.

Also, where did donovan say he had no interest in iu? Link?
In fact, the last time he came close to discussing it, he never denied interest. Just said (paraphrasing) I'm committed to OKC "at this time"

In fact, the last time he came close to discussing it, he never denied interest. Just said (paraphrasing) I'm committed to OKC "at this time"
Last interview I saw he gave a little chuckle and said "no I'm not interested in that job".

Goodman also threw out a name - Woodson. He wasn't big on it, but that would concern me if I were an IU fan that its already at that level of discussion in coaching choices available.
That's not happening. Woodson is interested and was trying to bring Larry Brown with him (ugh), but IU isn't interested. That came out a few days ago.

If true, IU has not done it's homework before firing Crean. I thought they would not be that dumb.
People on here have been getting all freaked out over stupid internet rumors and throwing down the "if true, Glass is an idiot" gauntlet for weeks now. Remember how he was afraid to fire Crean?

It's all speculation. Glass hadn't said anything. Several media outlets reported that Crean was coming back.

I've been saying they were dumb to fire Crean without knowing they could get someone better to replace him. What a huge mistake, firing CTC.
We'll see who has the better program in four years...the one Crean gets or IU

CTC had to go.

We'll see who has the better program in four years...the one Crean gets or IU

CTC had to go.
Let's see who has a better foundation Laided for them. Crean returned IU from the ashes. It's a shame that so many here don't appreciate what he did for the program.

Let's see who has a better foundation Laided for them. Crean returned IU from the ashes. It's a shame that so many here don't appreciate what he did for the program.
Oh I do appreciate what CTC did for IU, but after nine years, it was time for a change.

Reactions: csrupp

Sorry, I know that you're still disappointed that Crean is no longer IU's coach. We get it. All fans of IU's rivals still are.

People on here have been getting all freaked out over stupid internet rumors and throwing down the "if true, Glass is an idiot" gauntlet for weeks now. Remember how he was afraid to fire Crean?

It's all speculation. Glass hadn't said anything. Several media outlets reported that Crean was coming back.

What Glass said in his press conference set the bar very high. I don't remember Greenspan said anything even close to that. I could only assume he must have someone, very likely, Steve, already. If not, Alford has to come out to deny IU interest first because he holds the UCLA job which many other coaches interested in IU would also consider or use as a bargain chip. Now the first domino has fell. Steve said no. Let's see who takes the job or denies interests next...

Reactions: JonesIndiana
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT