ADVERTISEMENT

Jalen Hood-Schifino earns his stripes in the first game of the 2022 season

JHS will make the biggest impact as a Freshman at IU since Eric Gordon Jr.

JHS will make the biggest impact as a Freshman at IU since Eric Gordon Jr.
More than Thomas Bryant? Cody Zeller? wow! Even Noah Vonleh. If he does, we are in great hands. Romeo also avg 16ppg with a injured hand. Team sucked, he seemed unintrested but still a good year for all those guys.

More than Thomas Bryant? Cody Zeller? wow! Even Noah Vonleh. If he does, we are in great hands. Romeo also avg 16ppg with a injured hand. Team sucked, he seemed unintrested but still a good year for all those guys.
Yeah, but he might be right, even though it may be more muted in the box score. None of those guys had the talent around them that JHS does and they could more easily get their share of minutes and shots. But, I'd be happy if he elevated a top 3 B10 and tourney team to B10 champ and a F4 spot, even if his numbers don't reflect it, and I'd say that would be the biggest impact of any of those guys as freshmen!

Yeah, but he might be right, even though it may be more muted in the box score. None of those guys had the talent around them that JHS does and they could more easily get their share of minutes and shots. But, I'd be happy if he elevated a top 3 B10 and tourney team to B10 champ and a F4 spot, even if his numbers don't reflect it, and I'd say that would be the biggest impact of any of those guys as freshmen!
To me JHS, Malik, and Race were easily the 3 best players on the floor. What impressed me most about JHS and Malik R was how calm there were. Playing at the level they've played at......looked like just another day at the office to them. I was also impressed by Gunn, but he didn't have that same quality of confidence/calmness about him right now.....but in a year or two he'll be damn good. Banks is a bit of a project, with a huge upside.

JHS--Bigger impact than Bryant & Vonleh. As big an on-court impact as Cody, but won't have the same impact program wise. Cody was so big off the floor.

To me JHS, Malik, and Race were easily the 3 best players on the floor. What impressed me most about JHS and Malik R was how calm there were. Playing at the level they've played at......looked like just another day at the office to them. I was also impressed by Gunn, but he didn't have that same quality of confidence/calmness about him right now.....but in a year or two he'll be damn good. Banks is a bit of a project, with a huge upside.

JHS--Bigger impact than Bryant & Vonleh. As big an on-court impact as Cody, but won't have the same impact program wise. Cody was so big off the floor.
If you go back and think about the team they played on at MV, just in their own class, they had 5 guys that were all 5 stars/top 30 I believe. I think JHS was the 3rd highest ranked player in their senior class, and Skye Clarke was 1 spot behind him in the Rivals rankings I think. And then you had 3-4 more 5 stars in their Junior class. I think they've probably had to adjust to the strength of college guys, but they actually played with a more talented roster last year just in terms of skills.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT