ADVERTISEMENT

Jake Diebler

Probably good for us. OSU can be pretty good at basketball and they rolled the dice with an unproven guy — the few games this year don’t count, he hasn’t run a program. Of course, there is still a chance he does well.

Reactions: bawlmer
Might work out, but odds are against hiring someone with no head coaching experience, especially at this level. Yes, OSU played well during his interim status, but if I was an OSU fan I wouldn’t be happy about this hire.

"That's a bold move, Cotton, let's see if it pays off for them". When does this ever work?

The first name that pops to mind for CBB is Steve Fisher. But that obviously has a big asterisk next to it.

In CFB, Dabo Swinney was an interim who got the full-time HC job at Clemson.

Yeah, I thought of him. I just didn’t think I’d classify him as having turned out to be a success.

But he took an IU team to the finals as the HC - and was sure as hell the last one to do so. Can’t take that away from him.
"Yeah, I thought of him. I just didn’t think I’d classify him as having turned out to be a success."

In my humble opinion.... Mike Davis was just a RIde Along coach on that team.

If I am remembering correctly, those players were Coach Knights players from when he got fired.

To me..... Those players were playing in that tournament for Coach Knight. All the hustle and heart
that those players gave in that tournament, go back to fighting to prove something to the
School Admin over what they did.

Of course.... that's just my feelings

Reactions: bIhawk
"Yeah, I thought of him. I just didn’t think I’d classify him as having turned out to be a success."

In my humble opinion.... Mike Davis was just a RIde Along coach on that team.

If I am remembering correctly, those players were Coach Knights players from when he got fired.

To me..... Those players were playing in that tournament for Coach Knight. All the hustle and heart
that those players gave in that tournament, go back to fighting to prove something to the
School Admin over what they did.

Of course.... that's just my feelings
That team was crazy good at 3's. I remember they hit 17 against Illinois. Jeffries and Newton both were good at getting the ball down low and then if they didn't have anything pass out to Fife,Hornsby, or Coverdale who could all fill it up.

Reactions: Tscurlo
I’d be irate if I were an OSU hoops fan (I understand those don’t actually exist).
CJD has been gifted a great opportunity and incredibly fortunate to have it.
He was an assistant coach at Vandy when they lost every single SEC game and got fired. Holtman threw him a lifeline. Look what happened.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT