ADVERTISEMENT

I've now had my new driver and 3-wood for about three weeks and golf is fun once again. Unlike

I haven't played golf with him for a long time this year because I left our country club to join Otter Creek.

"And so it ends as it begins..."

zl4qs14pkvy21.png

https://indiana.forums.rivals.com/t...vel-gauntlet-golf-turned-into-a-movie.198669/

Reactions: All4You
How often have you switched clubs? I feel it's like an every year or two switch with you.

I'd like to remain at Harrison Lake Country Club the rest of my life, but it's not in our budget. I am going to be 67 in about two weeks and I plan to retire in a year or two. That said, I'm trying to reduce my golf-related expenses.

How does he feel about that? Have you asked him if he feels scorned?

Even though we miss playing golf with each other, he has no problems with my decision to leave the country club. I used to love having our choose up at noon on Saturdays and at 9:30 on Sunday mornings. It is a bunch of great guys and we had a blast.

I play with a group of great guys now at Otter Creek on Saturday mornings, but there isn't anybody for me to play with on Sundays. As a result, I joined Shadowood (Seymour) and will play there in a group on Sundays. I also hope to play at Shadowood a night or two every week.

If I total what it costs to be a member at both Otter Creek and Shadowood, it still costs considerably less than the country club. If I made huge money, however, I would just be a member at the country club. Unfortunately, I never have made BIG money.

Reactions: Cream&Crimson
Even though we miss playing golf with each other, he has no problems with my decision to leave the country club. I used to love having our choose up at noon on Saturdays and at 9:30 on Sunday mornings. It is a bunch of great guys and we had a blast.

I play with a group of great guys now at Otter Creek on Saturday mornings, but there isn't anybody for me to play with on Sundays. As a result, I joined Shadowood (Seymour) and will play there in a group on Sundays. I also hope to play at Shadowood a night or two every week.

If I total what it costs to be a member at both Otter Creek and Shadowood, it still costs considerably less than the country club. If I made huge money, however, I would just be a member at the country club. Unfortunately, I never have made BIG money.

Trust me, none of the members at the old club have a problem with your decision to leave!

Reactions: birdforbogey

Better get that movie made quickly!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT