ADVERTISEMENT

IUWBB gets a transfer from the Lady Vols

6-3 forward who hit 31% of her 3 pointers last year. Will be a senior; had game highs of 29 points & 14 rebounds last year. A good fit for Coach Moren. Now bring in Reagen Beers:)

Reactions: 4IUSox2 and kkott
6-3 forward who hit 31% of her 3 pointers last year. Will be a senior; had game highs of 29 points & 14 rebounds last year. A good fit for Coach Moren. Now bring in Reagen Beers:)
Seems like a good compliment to LM.........looks like she plays out on the floor more on offense.....a little better scorer than LM, not quite as good a rebounder. TM needed to do this, imo. The freshmen won't be ready.

Reactions: red hornet
Beers is choosing between Oklahoma and UCONN and one of her assistant coaches at OSU is apparently headed for OU.

I agree about Raegan Beers, but this transfer may take the place of a possible Beers addition, or Teri may know we're not in the running.

Thinking about NIL and the portal, Moren seems to be in a great spot with her program in this women's game in that she or Dolson can go to a booster and say 'I need this 1 great player to fill this 1 spot of need to push us over the top, and here's what it will cost' and it's possibly not even a six figure amount.

Point being, seems like an easy sell to me.

Seems like a good compliment to LM.........looks like she plays out on the floor more on offense.....a little better scorer than LM, not quite as good a rebounder. TM needed to do this, imo. The freshmen won't be ready.
We need her to have a bigger impact than Geary. To defend Geary it is hard to put Holmes on the bench, but we still need another impact player.

Not sure if it's politically correct to sathese days, but she looks like a "hoss". Not likely she'll get pushed around much!
I agree. She is not at all fat but I saw a photo of her next to Mac and the height may be the same but she is a little bit more stout.
It was the first thing I thought of, she will not get pushed around under neath. Hope she lifts weights all summer.

Shay Ciezki, 5-7 G, soph. avg. 11.5 pts. 2.1 reb. 2.4 asst. & 42.3 FG% this past year. Looks like she would help with scoring.
Yes, but how well does she play D? Chloe and Syd have to be locks to start. TM seems to really like Lex (even with her bad shooting) so she may be a third starter. Yarden will start, and if we assume last start goes to a big (Lilly or the new Karoline Stripli) Shay comes off the bench.

Last edited:
Yes, but how well does she play D? Chloe and Syd have to be locks to start. TM seems to really like Lex (even with her bad shooting) so she may be a third starter. Yarden will start, and if we assume last start goes to a big (Lilly or the new Karoline Stripli) Shay comes off the bench.
Hard to not like Lexi's defense. It will be interesting. I think if Shay comes off the bench,.it will be in the same sense as Scalia her first year here. She and Syd pretty much split minutes evenly. What I wonder is whether Beaumont and Lamendola get enough minutes to keep them happy.

Hard to not like Lexi's defense. It will be interesting. I think if Shay comes off the bench,.it will be in the same sense as Scalia her first year here. She and Syd pretty much split minutes evenly. What I wonder is whether Beaumont and Lamendola get enough minutes to keep them happy.
Beau has to improve her D or she isn't going to play anyway, unfortunately.

Reactions: Vern Pain
We need her to have a bigger impact than Geary. To defend Geary it is hard to put Holmes on the bench, but we still need another impact player.

IIUC, Geary was hampered with leg/knee issues while she was here. Too bad she didn't get more floor time -- she's the hottest WBB player I've ever seen.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT