ADVERTISEMENT

IUs NET ranking?

Whats “interesting” there is that every other BT team on average is about 20 spots higher on the NET vs the old RPI.

Except us. That’s really strange.

We are 9-10, with 5 of those 9 wins being against the teams below us in the standings (Minnesota, Nebraska and nu).

we are 4-10 and 0-8 on the road against the rest of the league.

I’d feel better about our seeding if we had something resembling a quality road win.

2 main reasons:

1. Our non conference schedule was an abomination.

2. We have a lot of blowout losses and very few blowout wins.
That doesn't make sense. Look at San Diego State and Gonzagas conference and the teams they play. That is not much higher than some of the teams IU played in the non conference. Both of their overall schedule strength is over 100. That means a weak conference.

We are 9-10, with 5 of those 9 wins being against the teams below us in the standings (Minnesota, Nebraska and nu).

I’d feel better about our seeding if we had something resembling a quality road win.
At least we have a road win. Rutgers seems safely in yet they have zero road wins.

I think this is our biggest challenge with the selection committee, that being that over half our conference wins have been against the very bottom of the conference.

I think this is our biggest challenge with the selection committee, that being that over half our conference wins have been against the very bottom of the conference.

bullshit.

It’s about who you’ve beaten when on the bubble. And we’ve beaten MSU, OSU, Iowa, Penn State, FSU. Neutral court vs UConn and ND isn’t bad either. No current bubble team has a better resume than that all the while sporting a top-15 schedule and no Q3/4 losses.

Losing the next two could put that in jeopardy but discussion of IU as a bubble team right now is ridiculous.

Reactions: WiskyHoosier

Kind of a BS argument because that effectively describes the resumes of some projected 7 seeds. Look at the resumes of any B12 or P12 team not named Oregon, Colorado, Baylor, and Kansas

bullshit.

It’s about who you’ve beaten when on the bubble. And we’ve beaten MSU, OSU, Iowa, Penn State, FSU. Neutral court vs UConn and ND isn’t bad either. No current bubble team has a better resume than that all the while sporting a top-15 schedule and no Q3/4 losses.

Losing the next two could put that in jeopardy but discussion of IU as a bubble team right now is ridiculous.
If it’s a ridiculous conversation, why do you consider IU “on the bubble”? And the conference record speaks for itself. Loudly. Half of our wins are against the very bottom of the conference, and there are no quality road wins. Those facts may stink, but they’re still facts that I’m certain the committee will consider. We’re the 10th best team in the BiG. If they take 10, all good. If they take 9, we could be in a tough spot.

Kind of a BS argument because that effectively describes the resumes of some projected 7 seeds. Look at the resumes of any B12 or P12 team not named Oregon, Colorado, Baylor, and Kansas
But we’re the 10th best team in the BiG. If they only take 9, we could be in a tough spot.

But we’re the 10th best team in the BiG. If they only take 9, we could be in a tough spot.
Why would the committee even consider number of teams from a conference. Look at the resumes of each team regardless of conference.

That makes sense. I get that it's still a flawed system, but, since it's much more correlated with KenPom/Sagarin now than it is to RPI, it's a big improvement over RPI alone, right? Or do you think that it's actually worse now because the committee didn't really pay that much attention to RPI anyway?
I don't know .. I know i hated RPI this seems to be better as far as seeding and such, so far.

Why would the committee even consider number of teams from a conference. Look at the resumes of each team regardless of conference.
Because of regional spacing, among other things. How many times has a conference gotten 10 members into the tournament?

That doesn't make sense. Look at San Diego State and Gonzagas conference and the teams they play. That is not much higher than some of the teams IU played in the non conference. Both of their overall schedule strength is over 100. That means a weak conference.
Ok just believe the formula is biased to IU and stay in the bubble then.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT