ADVERTISEMENT

IU/UNC Thoughts

Ears were ringing all the way home. That place gets loud despite the sound absorbing acuoustic tiles. IU/UNC is second only to IU/Ky in terms of big game events. Nice fire up event in Cook Hall pregame.

Was right about TJD playing through pain as did Bacot. Bacot's shoulder was bothering him especially in H1, TJD's back was clearly still an issue especially in H2. It was great to watch two of the top three players in the NCAA (Tshiebwe being the third) going at it.

Was wrong about X, he was mature, focused and effective. Only one bad series.

Trey absolutely changes the game off the bench, he will be the X factor all year iof he can stay healthy.

Malik pressed a bit as expected but this was a great opportunity for him to learn. He got back on his heels after the horrendous block call early. NBA body

JHF is calm cool and collected. Ran his mouth a bit and backed it up. He was not intimidated in the least. His best game and not just because he hit some shots.

Scoop shows flashes of greatness and flashes of wtf?

Kopp played good D but will not get credit from some.

Lots of complaining about the refs but some of that was because of the killer defense IU was playing. Nance got away with hacks and moving screens all night.

Woody managed the foul situation well, TJD did NOT want to come out. lol

Rutger is an important game to win mentally more than standings.

Get it!
I think that was the biggest complaint around refs is their inconsistency. Call touch crap, block, whatever one way, then let a hack go the other way. And it wasn’t just Nance on the hacks and moving screens. I raised my voice more than once on others, including Bacot for moving screens.

Calling fouls doesn’t bother me as much as calling them inconsistently.

Think you make a lot of good points in that list.

Reactions: Courtsensetwo
Bates really needs to be utilized running the baseline, screens off the elbow, and pin down curls to utilize his length and athleticism. I feel like there are certain packages in the offense that Woody can use down the road for when the team needs a bucket and TJD, X, and JHS are covered up. However, is coach confident that Tamar can handle the ball through traffic or make the right read on the big rolling to the bucket? Time will tell. He is definitely strong enough this year to play through contact around the paint. I don't like Tamar in high ball screen situations....leave that to X, JHS, and Trey. They have better control around the perimeter & first step to get down hill.

Felt bad for Race a little bit in the 1st half... he was playing great defense on Nance in isolation and Nance just kept making tough shot after tough shot. Just have to tip your cap.
Ha. I kept thinking that. Over and over and over. Good defense, better offense. Not much you can do about some of those shots unless you are David Robinson or Dikembe Mutombo

Felt bad for Race a little bit in the 1st half... he was playing great defense on Nance in isolation and Nance just kept making tough shot after tough shot. Just have to tip your cap.
8 points in a row kept UNC alive in the first half. A couple of those plays were just badass shots.

Missed the rally. Had to pick up a friend at the Indy airport and flight didn’t land until 6:30. Does Landon T still hype?
Yes, Coach Ya spoke first & then Landon. He told a great story about how he always calls CMW “Captain” based on their playing days. Great event & the BBQ was good too- lol.

Reactions: mk30
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT