ADVERTISEMENT

IU & UK to Restart Series Next Year...

Dackich said same in his radio show. Says he personally talked to Calipari. Calipari said he didnt want to face us this year because we are too good according to DD. Whata pssy!

Reactions: hoosier48
Dackich said same in his radio show. Says he personally talked to Calipari. Calipari said he didnt want to face us this year because we are too good according to DD. Whata pssy!
If anyone ever sees DD at the hall make sure you tell him what an embarrassment he is to our program. He always says he gets treated so well, let’s change that. He talks more shit about IU than a PU troll.

If anyone ever sees DD at the hall make sure you tell him what an embarrassment he is to our program. He always says he gets treated so well, let’s change that. He talks more shit about IU than a PU troll.
In a world where everyone seems loathe to say anything that could be construed as controversial, DD at least speaks his mind, I'll give him that, and I find it refreshing. Doing that, he is on occasion going to step in it, but I can forgive a lot in that regard because he does speak his mind.

I'm sure there will always be some hurt there that he didn't get the HC gig permanently and that's got to be tough on the ego when you are so closely associated with the school and program. I'd rather have him crossing the line or even showing some of his frustration than to be a shill.

Also know that I've never listened to his radio program and only hear him during a TV broadcast, but I like when he's doing a game.

In a world where everyone seems loathe to say anything that could be construed as controversial, DD at least speaks his mind, I'll give him that, and I find it refreshing. Doing that, he is on occasion going to step in it, but I can forgive a lot in that regard because he does speak his mind.

I'm sure there will always be some hurt there that he didn't get the HC gig permanently and that's got to be tough on the ego when you are so closely associated with the school and program. I'd rather have him crossing the line or even showing some of his frustration than to be a shill.

Also know that I've never listened to his radio program and only hear him during a TV broadcast, but I like when he's doing a game.
I will be shocked if any network lets him call any IU Games in the future.

Lazkowski and Quinn did games with class.
DD always tried to overplay the anti-IU bias trying to look neautral.
I like his show for entertainment purposes.
I hate his noticeable outward bias against IU during IU games that he has been involved in while at ESPN.

between the years 2001-2020, not hiring DD as permanent HC was the ONLY good coaching decision the admin ever made. DD wasn't a huge success as a HC, I don't see him as a charismatic recruiter...it would not have worked and would have eventually led to his dismissal. Sorry DD...the position is too big for you and your ego. In my humble opinion.

Last edited:

If he was being honest, I think more people would like him. But there's a stark difference in someone being genuine vs. someone just using catch phrases to get a rise out of people merely to gain eyeballs for personal attention.

I don't see his schtick as him being an "honest" person when its him looking out for himself by making statements he think will shock people to want to pay attention to him. His whacky statements are premeditated when building out the show. He's a strange individual to say the least but don't confuse that with him being honest with himself. It's glaringly obvious he is just an attention wh___.

Last edited:
If he was being honest, I think more people would like him. But there's a stark difference in someone being genuine vs. someone just using catch phrases to get a rise out of people merely to gain eyeballs for personal attention.

I don't see his schtick as him being an "honest" person when its him looking out for himself by making statements he think will shock people to want to pay attention to him. His whacky statements are premeditated when building out the show. He's a strange individual to say the least but don't confuse that with him being honest with himself. It's glaringly obvious he is just an attention wh___.
I don't feel like he does that as much during game broadcasts, as what I hear about his radio show. Are you talking more his radio program, or you feel like he does that during broadcasts too?

I hate his noticeable outward bias against IU during IU games that he has been involved in while at ESPN.
Like I said, some of it I do attribute to not getting the IU job. But, also, there's the small fact that in much of his criticism of IU in recent years, and oftentimes praise of Matt Painter and PU, that he was largely right!

Laz did it with class, although...his presentation is a bit 'wooden'. As for Quinn, I always liked him...he could call an IU game honestly and with entertainment value without ever sounding like an homer. That does take some ability, so good on him for that.

Suddenly my mind is stuck replaying his 'speaking in tongues' moment after the Pritch-slap dunk. I still watch that clip and think "love ya Quinn...but WTF did you just say??"

I don’t Twat or hear anything from dd but I hope they get the series back going. College basketball is better when this traditional good vs evil border war is played.

DD may speak his mind, and I’ll give you that. But his mind is full of shit.

I'm going to speak my mind about two things in this thread:
1) I don't care much for Dakich
2) I freaking HATE Kentucky

Go Hoosiers!!

I'm going to speak my mind about two things in this thread:
1) I don't care much for Dakich
2) I freaking HATE Kentucky

Go Hoosiers!!
but, wouldn't you like it if we still played them? They've rolled on by adding good opponents in the preseason (as did we finally this year) but I think losing that game has hurt us more than them.

Actually Quinn did get criticism from IU fans because some felt he was going too far the other way to not be a homer.

Do you have the transcript of that? I thought Dan said, "Cal, probably doesn't want to play us because we are going to be so good". I didn't take it that he was saying Cal said that was the reason.

And now UK fans will say, “it helps IU exposure”. Good grief they have some bloated egos.

Well technically, they're right. Unfortunately they are likely thinking of it in the wrong way though. We get exposure with every win we have.

Either way, we beat them the last time we played against each other by knocking them out of the tournament, and lets be frank.....talking "recent" history, UK has only beaten us once in the last 12 years. IU has beaten UK twice in that same span. So UK fans always talk about living in the past...well.....

Well technically, they're right. Unfortunately they are likely thinking of it in the wrong way though. We get exposure with every win we have.

Either way, we beat them the last time we played against each other by knocking them out of the tournament, and lets be frank.....talking "recent" history, UK has only beaten us once in the last 12 years. IU has beaten UK twice in that same span. So UK fans always talk about living in the past...well.....
No they mean it in a derogatory way like IU hasn’t played anyone. It’s not like IU isn’t in the top viewership. It’s just a dumb thing to say.

Agreed. Well said

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT