ADVERTISEMENT

IU paid search firm $90,000 for help hiring Archie Miller

snowling

Hall of Famer
by Mike Miller

Indiana paid search firm Parker Executive Search $90,000 for its help in landing new men’s basketball coach Archie Miller, according to an open records request filed by The Herald-Times.

Parker’s scope of work for IU included identifying qualified candidates, facilitating interviews, supplying background information and notifying candidates of the outcome of the search.

Per the contract, IU paid Parker two equal retainers of $45,000. The first invoice was to be filed at the start of the search and the second was to be filed 30 days thereafter or upon the hiring of the new coach, whichever came first.

One of the primary reasons search firms have become popular in modern day coaching searches is that they provide cover for schools and coaches so that communication can be conducted confidentially.

According to the contract, if Miller resigned or was terminated within one full calendar year of his starting date, Parker would conduct a replacement search at no additional fee.

“Maybe it’s occupational hazard as being a lawyer, but I believe in being well advised,” Indiana athletic director Fred Glass told reporters following Miller’s introductory press conference on March 27. “This was the biggest hire that I was going to make, and maybe is made in a decade here at Indiana. I wouldn’t exactly say spare no expense, but if I thought there was value, I wanted to try and harvest that value.

“I think there was value in discreet, distinct areas that I asked them to provide counsel. It wasn’t across the board, but they were valuable in the search.”

In the past, Parker has worked with Vanderbilt, Chicago, Washington, Pennsylvania, Oregon, Notre Dame, Buffalo, Northwestern, North Carolina State and Dartmouth, among others, to help identify candidates for athletics positions.

In March, Missouri reportedly paid Parker $80,000 for the search that ultimately led to the hiring of Cuonzo Martin.

hoosiersportsreport.com/2017/05/iu-paid-search-firm-90000-for-help-hiring-archie-miller

Go Hoosiers!

Reactions: Hoosier in Tokyo
Pales in comparison to the 55 million layout for a study on "Climate Change". Is Angela Davis in charge of the study ?
Yes and there are many 100's of other "Fleecing of America" type causes out there.
God said the seasons will continue, I actually believe him. No need tp study climate change. But there are too many brainwashed people to curb it much....hopefully Trump will squash that garbage.

God said the seasons will continue, I actually believe him.
There are a lot of gods out there; better pick the right one (if such exists). A whole lot of Christians, eg, trust virtually all climate scientists more than certain preachers. Wise people.

Yes and there are many 100's of other "Fleecing of America" type causes out there.
God said the seasons will continue, I actually believe him. No need tp study climate change. But there are too many brainwashed people to curb it much....hopefully Trump will squash that garbage.
What the hell?

WE AIN'T NEED NONE OF THAT THERE BOOK LEARNIN', I TELL YA WHAT

by Mike Miller

Indiana paid search firm Parker Executive Search $90,000 for its help in landing new men’s basketball coach Archie Miller, according to an open records request filed by The Herald-Times.

Parker’s scope of work for IU included identifying qualified candidates, facilitating interviews, supplying background information and notifying candidates of the outcome of the search.

Per the contract, IU paid Parker two equal retainers of $45,000. The first invoice was to be filed at the start of the search and the second was to be filed 30 days thereafter or upon the hiring of the new coach, whichever came first.

One of the primary reasons search firms have become popular in modern day coaching searches is that they provide cover for schools and coaches so that communication can be conducted confidentially.

According to the contract, if Miller resigned or was terminated within one full calendar year of his starting date, Parker would conduct a replacement search at no additional fee.

“Maybe it’s occupational hazard as being a lawyer, but I believe in being well advised,” Indiana athletic director Fred Glass told reporters following Miller’s introductory press conference on March 27. “This was the biggest hire that I was going to make, and maybe is made in a decade here at Indiana. I wouldn’t exactly say spare no expense, but if I thought there was value, I wanted to try and harvest that value.

“I think there was value in discreet, distinct areas that I asked them to provide counsel. It wasn’t across the board, but they were valuable in the search.”

In the past, Parker has worked with Vanderbilt, Chicago, Washington, Pennsylvania, Oregon, Notre Dame, Buffalo, Northwestern, North Carolina State and Dartmouth, among others, to help identify candidates for athletics positions.

In March, Missouri reportedly paid Parker $80,000 for the search that ultimately led to the hiring of Cuonzo Martin.

hoosiersportsreport.com/2017/05/iu-paid-search-firm-90000-for-help-hiring-archie-miller

Go Hoosiers!

And in 10 or 22 months, when we're looking forward to hanging our sixth banner, may we consider Coach Miller cheap at twice the price.

Gawd? Or Geesis? Wrong forum pilgrim, though the irony of using the term brainwashed is priceless. No doubt the Fleecer-in-Chief will solve everything, but take it to the OTF is you want to play more ignorant than thou... You'd win anyway.

Anyone remember George Leary's
brief stint @ Notre Dame football?

Resume fraud still exists in this world even with the internet and sometimes because of the internet.

dumb ...

Gawd? Or Geesis? Wrong forum pilgrim, though the irony of using the term brainwashed is priceless. No doubt the Fleecer-in-Chief will solve everything, but take it to the OTF is you want to play more ignorant than thou... You'd win anyway.
Dunning-Kruger Effect .... the orange cult is filled with sufferers.

Had to look it up but does seem all the rage...
And, arguing with them is futile. To attempt to explain to them what they would need to know to understand the argument, considering they are also unwilling to learn, and against a belief system based on nothing but fact free whim, is a monumental task.

You would have to succeed within a few paragraphs, where evolution, natural selection, their parents, teachers, and communities, have failed. Waste of time.....point and laugh.

Reactions: travlinhoosier
A search firm also got IU to hire Kevin Sampson while under sanctions when he left Oklahoma. Not always do search firms make good recommendations.

A search firm also got IU to hire Kevin Sampson while under sanctions when he left Oklahoma. Not always do search firms make good recommendations.
It's true that search firms do not always make good recommendations. It's also true IIRC that university presidents don't always follow those recommendations.

I've always understood that Pres. Herbert had a lot to do with Sampson's hiring, but I'd really like to know whether the search firm recommended Sampson or some one else.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT