ADVERTISEMENT

Miller for three

Cavanagh

Hall of Famer
Mar 1, 2012
Very early, but I am very optimistic that Miller will shoot much better this year than last. JHS on the court was probably the best thing that ever happened to Miller. He has, and will have, so many more transition three opportunities.

He has made an effort to really set himself and shoot the exact same way on his shots. He talked a lot about the mental preparation, and I always thought that was his biggest weakness.

Will be interesting to see if he can keep the same concentration and focus when the pressure starts mounting in the bigger games. him being a knock down shooter keeps him in the starting line up for sure.

Very early, but I am very optimistic that Miller will shoot much better this year than last. JHS on the court was probably the best thing that ever happened to Miller. He has, and will have, so many more transition three opportunities.

He has made an effort to really set himself and shoot the exact same way on his shots. He talked a lot about the mental preparation, and I always thought that was his biggest weakness.

Will be interesting to see if he can keep the same concentration and focus when the pressure starts mounting in the bigger games. him being a knock down shooter keeps him in the starting line up for sure.
There's a completely different rhythm in shooting when you're getting balls kicked out to you. Obviously he had some of that last year with the attention that TJD would get. But even then, the rhythm is completely different than quicker early hits out of transition or dribble penetration. If X and JHS can continue to push the ball, and push the ball into gaps and kick out, Miller should benefit greatly from it.

i really don't think he has to be a knock down shooter to remain in the starting lineup. woody's not sitting him. regardless.

He has already shown me he has a much more relaxed, confident stroke. He's looking for his shot, but only in the flow of the game, he's not forcing anything. He will definitely get the ball in better shooting positions than last season with JHS instead of Stewart in there. This will also go for other players. Better players begets better production, better production begets more wins...

We'll find out on Friday. Much much different shooting on the road than inside the comfy confines of AH.
Miller had his best shooting night of the season at Syracuse last year. In the Carrier dome. Where it's hard for visitors to shoot well. But point well taken, not so much on the road though as against tougher competition.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT