ADVERTISEMENT

IU is a better team than last year

Excuse me? First of all Race is for sure a 5, not a four. We tried to play him and TJD together, but both were 5s. What do you think Sparks is?

That was our biggest problem. Had to 5s on the court that couldn't shoot way too much.
Did you fart? Race is not a five. He is a four with missing parts in his game. Fives protect the rim and rebound, which is what makes Sparks a center.

Last year we would have went to the elite 8 with X. Straw that stirs the drink. He will lead this year.
Never know for sure, but I have to imagine we would have been better. Maybe at least make S16 which was my best guess.

Would you rather have Sparks or Race for next year? I am taking Sparks. Race had a tough go of it with injuries, but he just wasn't that good last year TBH. He had some games where he caught fire, but just was not a factor far too often to be a starting 4.

Why I ask is because Sparks will almost positively never start next year unless we just get F***** with injuries. And that aint happening damnit, we are due for a healthy season. Sparks will likely be a solid 7-8th man, him and Walker will battle for it I would imagine.

Even tho we lose TJD, we have a better front court. TJD was almost the player of the year!! He couldn't shoot..... Need to shoot to win big, everyone on the floor will have the green light this year from beyond the arc, and they all will be better shooters than JG, TJD and Race. The floor is gonna open a shit ton because of that.

X is gonna lead the B1G in assists. I will bet anyone that right now. He is gonna have a field day with this talent. ALL ABOARD train is starting up early this year.
How many conference wins are you predicting? Last year we won 12 and the most in 7 seasons.

Mac may be close, as good, or better ... you know, as long he adapts to the speed of the college game. His mid game is his best asset and should translate.
Kind of a lost talent too. I argued with many last year about JHS and his mid game. It hurt Purdue big time. They had no answer.

Reactions: T.M.P.
Better than last season. Not yet. Right now it's all potential. My guess is CMW treats it like his first season. All defense from day one and sort out the offense as he goes. Too many unknowns. Too few games played together. We don't know who can do what yet, but the offense will be behind the offense.

So we asked Race to protect the rim and TJD to guard the high post when they played together? “Dumb”
*eyeroll*

You really have no clue what you're talking about, do you?

IU was switching almost everything last year. You do know what switching means, right? Race and TJD were interchangeable. Also, Woodson preferred bringing TJD from weakside to contest shots. Which meant that Race at many times was guarding the post player.

Guard the "high post"? lmao ... did you hear an announcer say that once and decided to repeat it to sound smart? It's not working ..

• Haha
Reactions: Cavanagh
Another one of those facts that just makes you shake your head and be disgusted as a fan. 7 seasons with 12 wins being the best of the bunch.
Not just the best one, but the only one that saw IU have a winning record in league play. That's what really hits you in the gut. Hopefully last year becomes the new floor. Bringing in some more talent. Per usual, the hype and hope is there. Let's hope we all feel this good come January / February and especially March of next year.

JHs could always crest his own shot. Who on this roster will do that for us next year? Galloway is a high energy off the bench guy. We need a 2 that gun catch and shoot and slash. Maybe Gunn emerges because he has those skill sets, just needs to finish
A lot of new young players will get opportunities. So those questions can't be answered until games start. Galloway is needed to handle the ball until others step up. He'll also bring upperclassmen leadership to a lot of Frosh and Sophs.

• Love
Reactions: 8Stars5Banners
A lot of new young players will get opportunities. So those questions can't be answered until games start. Galloway is needed to handle the ball until others step up. He'll also bring upperclassmen leadership to a lot of Frosh and Sophs.
Smartest thing I’ve read here today. It’ll probably get a “dumb”…

Reactions: Eurocyldon
*eyeroll*

You really have no clue what you're talking about, do you?

IU was switching almost everything last year. You do know what switching means, right? Race and TJD were interchangeable. Also, Woodson preferred bringing TJD from weakside to contest shots. Which meant that Race at many times was guarding the post player.

Guard the "high post"? lmao ... did you hear an announcer say that once and decided to repeat it to sound smart? It's not working ..
They switch so that they don’t get pulled away from their responsibility on the court. It doesn’t mean they actually switch positions. You know that though.

They switch so that they don’t get pulled away from their responsibility on the court. It doesn’t mean they actually switch positions. You know that though.
No. They switched guard to big, a lot this last year. A lot more than I liked, to be honest. It was one of the things that got us killed against the 3 point shooting teams that killed us.

And for more than a handful of games against inferior competition
I knew we had a little juice after Xavier game last yr.
But not a F.F.
We had about the season I expected ..
Maybe one game less in the tournament.
But who knew the U was going to a F.F . Every year a team gets on a good 4 game roll.
Someday we all hopefully see IU do it again.

Derp, derpy, derp, derp ...

That may be the dumbest possible argument anyone has ever made. That is not the reason teams switch dude ... my god what a dumbass.

Go read a book on modern basketball, or something. You really have no idea what you're talking about and are becoming a monumental waste of time.

Or just continue to derp derpy derp... whatever. lol ...

Derp, derpy, derp, derp ...

That may be the dumbest possible argument anyone has ever made. That is not the reason teams switch dude ... my god what a dumbass.

Go read a book on modern basketball, or something. You really have no idea what you're talking about and are becoming a monumental waste of time.

Or just continue to derp derpy derp... whatever. lol ...
Nice comeback.

No. They switched guard to big, a lot this last year. A lot more than I liked, to be honest. It was one of the things that got us killed against the 3 point shooting teams that killed us.
What do you mean by guard to big?

I wouldn’t necessarily predict more overall conference wins, however I think by March they’ll be better. The team might take time to gel and may not be their best in January.

This.

I am expecting a hockey curve in terms of performance.

Inconsistent at the start, lots of one-half-only performances but glimpses of what our ceiling can be.
Then by Feb if they dont get too down on themselves, be a force of nature, come March.

Just glad we have “Scoop” back for another year! He’s what will take this team to new heights, or so I’ve been told. He’s this year’s X factor.

• Haha
Reactions: rocketo
Just glad we have “Scoop” back for another year! He’s what will take this team to new heights, or so I’ve been told. He’s this year’s X factor.
If Scoop does well at Mizzu, are you gonna be able to say so you have been told anymore? You just did this and looked like an idiot with NIL, did it the entire season with we suck......

BisonBoy, you have to learn that fire burns you like the caveman. You look like a damn burn unit victim at this point.

If Scoop does well at Mizzu, are you gonna be able to say so you have been told anymore? You just did this and looked like an idiot with NIL, did it the entire season with we suck......

BisonBoy, you have to learn that fire burns you like the caveman. You look like a damn burn unit victim at this point.
I hope he does well there, BUT if he does, it does not mean he necessarily would have had a good year here. Being closer to family and his daughter can be a huge relief and being out of the pressure of the expectations that some put on him right away here--some were saying he would be our 2nd best player when he walked in as a fresh and that obviously was not going to happen.

Hoping a fresh start is good for him

Reactions: BigMobe
Would you rather have Sparks or Race for next year? I am taking Sparks. Race had a tough go of it with injuries, but he just wasn't that good last year TBH. He had some games where he caught fire, but just was not a factor far too often to be a starting 4.

Why I ask is because Sparks will almost positively never start next year unless we just get F***** with injuries. And that aint happening damnit, we are due for a healthy season. Sparks will likely be a solid 7-8th man, him and Walker will battle for it I would imagine.

Even tho we lose TJD, we have a better front court. TJD was almost the player of the year!! He couldn't shoot..... Need to shoot to win big, everyone on the floor will have the green light this year from beyond the arc, and they all will be better shooters than JG, TJD and Race. The floor is gonna open a shit ton because of that.

X is gonna lead the B1G in assists. I will bet anyone that right now. He is gonna have a field day with this talent. ALL ABOARD train is starting up early this year.
Maybe they will have the depth that was advertised last year and can be a great team defensively. If that happens, they should be solid.

I’m excited to see something new on offense now that Trayce is gone. Maybe IU can finally leave the old crusty B1G style behind them. I realize it’s not always easy in league play. It doesn’t work in March.

There is a lot of room for personnel growth over the summer. A lot of room for guys to develop and make their claim for minutes. Let the best players play. E.g with recruiting in a good place, their is no reason to be powdering a guy like Bates ass. Sit him. Someone else will take the check next year if they can’t hack it.

Let the best players play. E.g with recruiting in a good place, there is no reason to be powdering a guy like Bates ass. Sit him. Someone else will take the check next year if they can’t hack it.
I agree on letting the best players play, but we weren’t powdering bates ass last year. We sat him.

Reactions: T.M.P.
I agree on letting the best players play, but we weren’t powdering bates ass last year. We sat him.
Who is we?

He played way too much in my opinion. Minutes should have gone to Gunn. Better defender, better with the ball, better size, part of IU’s future. Bates was 0 for life in most games that mattered, so why not? Writing was on the wall to everyone except you.

Maybe they will have the depth that was advertised last year and can be a great team defensively. If that happens, they should be solid.

I’m excited to see something new on offense now that Trayce is gone. Maybe IU can finally leave the old crusty B1G style behind them. I realize it’s not always easy in league play. It doesn’t work in March.

There is a lot of room for personnel growth over the summer. A lot of room for guys to develop and make their claim for minutes. Let the best players play. E.g with recruiting in a good place, their is no reason to be powdering a guy like Bates ass. Sit him. Someone else will take the check next year if they can’t hack it.
Bates is gone so he will not be sitting on the bench next yr

I definitely learned something this year: your prognostications end up being so far off base that I just tune them out. You need to stop posting from the heart so much. It is entertaining as hell though!

Better than last season. Not yet. Right now it's all potential. My guess is CMW treats it like his first season. All defense from day one and sort out the offense as he goes. Too many unknowns. Too few games played together. We don't know who can do what yet, but the offense will be behind the offense.
Pretty big difference though. We have several players who have been through two years of the offense. That should drastically speed up learning for the new guys. They should be flowing pretty well and figuring it out by conference time if not sooner. That first year the offense could be pretty bad for more than half the year. Well I to the conference play IIRC.

While I am excited to see how this team looks, there are going to be times we miss the consistency that TJD brought nearly every game. That is unless somebody steps up BIG.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT