ADVERTISEMENT

IU claims 7 players have max verticals of 40 inches or above

Maybe the best post of all time. Too bad it took the cult and SB Freddy so long to catch on. 9 years is an eternity in college coaching.

There are a few incorrect statements in his post but the mist is spot on.

@fkfootball this is what the team did all summer. Unfortunately they forgot to practice with the ball. You see Smith's 42" vertical Dunk that clanged off the iron? He skyed, though, didn't he! Too bad he forgot the ball was supposed to go in the hoop.

We really don’t have a base to compare these numbers to. You can’t compare it to the NBA combine or any other testing place because their method is different. 40 in could be great or could be mediocre. We just don’t have enough info that I know of.

Spoken like someone who's never seen the court outside of gym class. No one who played would ever rate ANY 40" vertical as "mediocre".
Looks pretty mediocre so far.
I think between Devonte, Al and Rob the PG position is serviceable this year.
I would not be surprised to see some bigger lineups with Romeo, Jerome, Justin or even Damezi at the second guard occasionally.

Can IU play with 3 bigs out of this group? Juwan, Evan, Race, Jerome, Justin, ?Davis?
PG is atrocious this year, except Phinisee.

@fkfootball this is what the team did all summer. Unfortunately they forgot to practice with the ball. You see Smith's 42" vertical Dunk that clanged off the iron? He skyed, though, didn't he! Too bad he forgot the ball was supposed to go in the hoop.

Looks pretty mediocre so far.

PG is atrocious this year, except Phinisee.

That makes sense considering RP is the only PG.

Reactions: Tasmanian Devil
LOL I was the original Crean hater, dolt, and the president of the Crean haterz club.

Now you're just going to blatantly make up lies?

I hate liars .. Do it again and see what happens. Yes that's a threat.
i was the first person i know of to post on an indiana site (that banned me) that crean would never take us to an ncaa championship. that was early december of his second season. i understood what he was up against and the talent discrepancy, but recognized all of the things the team was doing wrong from a strategic and even fundamentals perspective. undoubtedly, there were likely plenty of coaches familiar with crean who knew from day one what a fraud he was.

b
Don't you wonder why all of a sudden that recruits we were in very good shape with all of a sudden went elsewhere. It seems like Crean would not go for what the players were asking for so they went where they would get it. I think the Brown kid that seemed like a lock for IU went to Miami and think he was part of the investigation from last year.
trevon bluiett

i'm
I like his upside. My guess is that he will be a little behind on getting used to the college game. Physically, he appears ready, and yes, he can shoot, but I suspect he wasn't coached all that well in high school and may need some time to adapt and learn. We shall see.
not sold on his shooting yet.

it's well documented that davis ran into the car from the side. not holt running into davis. in any event, not run "over"

Oh, I know the facts...I'm just telling you that a few visiting trolls, Ord, fraudpaugh and a couple others get very upset when you don't say he ran over him, backed up and ran over him again while guzzling tequila and blowing a phatty. I lived it before your time here.

Can we now find a 6'2" Guard with a 28" vertical who can shoot 45% from beyond the 3 point line, 50% of all shots from the field, and reasonably handle the ball with minimal turnover. What good does it do to have a 40" vertical that you can only show off a couple of times of year or in a slam dunk contest when you can't shoot the ball effectively.

Can we now find a 6'2" Guard with a 28" vertical who can shoot 45% from beyond the 3 point line, 50% of all shots from the field, and reasonably handle the ball with minimal turnover. What good does it do to have a 40" vertical that you can only show off a couple of times of year or in a slam dunk contest when you can't shoot the ball effectively.

Alford couldn't jump over a New Castle phone book...but damn.

Oh, I know the facts...I'm just telling you that a few visiting trolls, Ord, fraudpaugh and a couple others get very upset when you don't say he ran over him, backed up and ran over him again while guzzling tequila and blowing a phatty. I lived it before your time here.
sounds like you are describing the way i drive

Reactions: Courtsensetwo
no. i read all of the stories on the investigation i come across and bluiett's name came up. sure you can google it

Found it. Nothing to do with recruiting Blueitt to X. It was Dawkins suggesting payments for Trevon’s senior year at X if he then went pro. No evidence it ever happened. In any case, not an example of Crean backing off a player who was looking for something extra.

Found it. Nothing to do with recruiting Blueitt to X. It was Dawkins suggesting payments for Trevon’s senior year at X if he then went pro. No evidence it ever happened. In any case, not an example of Crean backing off a player who was looking for something extra.
no proof but it's always someone in the player's circle who puts the hand out. i only said likely. where there's smoke...

i was the first person i know of to post on an indiana site (that banned me) that crean would never take us to an ncaa championship. that was early december of his second season. i understood what he was up against and the talent discrepancy, but recognized all of the things the team was doing wrong from a strategic and even fundamentals perspective. undoubtedly, there were likely plenty of coaches familiar with crean who knew from day one what a fraud he was.
He proved himself a fraud at Marquette. He has some good traits but not enough and was too fond of gimmicks.

His best was probably developing and getting wing players into the league but that didn't translate to winning at a high level. His offensive numbers were very efficient but drilling down into why they were efficient showed that he was cheating the defensive end to get better offensive numbers. ie crashing offensive boards to extend possessions but giving up transition to the opposing team, and shooting transition threes at the top of the key which did the same and allowed easy baskets for the opponent on misses. Many coaches want threes above the FT to come only on the secondary break or in a half court set. Crean allowed players to shoot it at will anytime.

His development was pretty good, in game coaching was atrocious, his substitutions worse, his personality was grating, and his trustworthiness non existent. He was and still is a BS artist That turned off a lot of AAU and HS coaches. .

The only thing I think Miller could do better is to not be so "canned" in his approach to offense and defense and be a bit more willing to go away from the normal when needed.

He proved himself a fraud at Marquette. He has some good traits but not enough and was too fond of gimmicks.

His best was probably developing and getting wing players into the league but that didn't translate to winning at a high level. His offensive numbers were very efficient but drilling down into why they were efficient showed that he was cheating the defensive end to get better offensive numbers. ie crashing offensive boards to extend possessions but giving up transition to the opposing team, and shooting transition threes at the top of the key which did the same and allowed easy baskets for the opponent on misses. Many coaches want threes above the FT to come only on the secondary break or in a half court set. Crean allowed players to shoot it at will anytime.

His development was pretty good, in game coaching was atrocious, his substitutions worse, his personality was grating, and his trustworthiness non existent. He was and still is a BS artist That turned off a lot of AAU and HS coaches. .

The only thing I think Miller could do better is to not be so "canned" in his approach to offense and defense and be a bit more willing to go away from the normal when needed.
i'm not so sure crean deserves credit for developing anyone. first of all, he never played the game, apparently not even for fun. he can't shoot, cant dribble. in fact he practically looks like he's never held a ball before. can't speak for his staff but i can't see crean teaching fundamentals and skills. i think he fostered an environment that encouraged players to work out on their own as much as possible. that, along with some players are just motivated on their own to get better. for every player you point to who improved while playing for crean, i can point to 10 who did not. i'll start with every big guy

i'm not so sure crean deserves credit for developing anyone. first of all, he never played the game, apparently not even for fun. he can't shoot, cant dribble. in fact he practically looks like he's never held a ball before. can't speak for his staff but i can't see crean teaching fundamentals and skills. i think he fostered an environment that encouraged players to work out on their own as much as possible. that, along with some players are just motivated on their own to get better. for every player you point to who improved while playing for crean, i can point to 10 who did not. i'll start with every big guy
Development is always 50 50 player and coach. Maybe I should have worded that differently. How about .. He did a good job of having and using drills that would make the players stand out at the draft combine. Almost if he designed those drills to succeed at the combine.

Can we all take a minute to collectively laugh at this BS and agree to never believe these BS stats again?

Sure we have multiple guys shattering the RECORD at the NBA combine. That’s believable.

Can we agree not to fall for it again this summer?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT