ADVERTISEMENT

IU claims 7 players have max verticals of 40 inches or above

Those people did the same with Crean.
No they didn't. You're mistaken because those people certainly were not Crean supporters. I'm certain those people did the opposite. In fact, I think those people have done the opposite of everything you've accused those people of doing because that what those people do.

lol .........

Has anyone ever answered back to that weak a** comment you constantly use and said "wow, those people did that? I'm going to change my opinion now and consider you intelligent and your point valid because citing those people as an example is a very well thought out and reasonable point.".

Last edited:
No they didn't. You're mistaken because those people certainly were not Crean supporters. I'm certain those people did the opposite. In fact, I think those people have done the opposite of everything you've accused those people of doing because that what those people do.

lol .........

Has anyone ever answered back to that weak a** comment you constantly use and said "wow, those people did that? I'm going to change my opinion now and consider you intelligent and your point valid because citing those people as an example is a very well thought out and reasonable point.".
99% of this board were Crean cult members...for YEARS...including you. I’m not sure why people won’t just admit it. We all remember how it was.

Last edited:
99% of this board we’re Crean cult members...for YEARS...including you. I’m not sure why people won’t just admit it. We all remember how it was.

You're doing that making-shit-up thing again - I recall arguing with TMP, TAZ and others about laying off CTC while the Season was underway two and three years before he was let go and them refusing to have any of it.

You spend more time posting about the past than anyone on the Board. No interest in why but maybe it's time to move on - pretty sure most everyone agrees that what's ahead is/will be much more interesting.

99% of this board were Crean cult members...for YEARS...including you. I’m not sure why people won’t just admit it. We all remember how it was.
LOL I was the original Crean hater, dolt, and the president of the Crean haterz club.

Now you're just going to blatantly make up lies?

I hate liars .. Do it again and see what happens. Yes that's a threat.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brockway
They helped Ivan Renko's vertical in a great way. Too bad he had no jump shot.
Could you please quit clogging up boards with your overly dumb off topic comments.

You're not funny, you're not interesting, you're not insightful. You're like a really dumb commercial interrupting a TV show with your constant low-wit thought free comments.

Go away ..

Reactions: mike41703
You're doing that making-shit-up thing again - I recall arguing with TMP, TAZ and others about laying off CTC while the Season was underway two and three years before he was let go and them refusing to have any of it.

You spend more time posting about the past than anyone on the Board. No interest in why but maybe it's time to move on - pretty sure most everyone agrees that what's ahead is/will be much more interesting.
He's just not very aware of himself or anyone else ..

He's one of those people.

lol

Reactions: TommyCracker

this isn't true but more importantly, why do you so badly want it to be true? we keep getting the sense that you only feel SMART when you are painting IU fan as DUMB. weird way to get off.

there are plenty of good examples of our stupidity. this just isn't one of them. lol

LOL I was the original Crean hater, dolt, and the president of the Crean haterz club.

Now you're just going to blatantly make up lies?

I hate liars .. Do it again and see what happens. Yes that's a threat.

If you were the president then I was the VP or at least the treasurer!!

I didn't like the Crean hire and was quite hard on him early, softened a little with the Cody teams and was quite surprised that he actually won the BT. But alas, two years of Cody were gone and my position was that he should have been fired after the Syracuse game. A friend of mine was always telling me that I was too hard on him but he finally came to view things my way.

this isn't true but more importantly, why do you so badly want it to be true? we keep getting the sense that you only feel SMART when you are painting IU fan as DUMB. weird way to get off.

there are plenty of good examples of our stupidity. this just isn't one of them. lol
He also doesn't realize that many of the diehard Crean supporters followed Crean's propaganda minister to his new site. There's still a few here, but certainly not the majority. Like I said, he's just not very aware of ... anything .... but still convinced he's the only wise one.

If you were the president then I was the VP or at least the treasurer!!

I didn't like the Crean hire and was quite hard on him early, softened a little with the Cody teams and was quite surprised that he actually won the BT. But alas, two years of Cody were gone and my position was that he should have been fired after the Syracuse game. A friend of mine was always telling me that I was too hard on him but he finally came to view things my way.
Yea, we all softened on the Cody teams. The prevailing hope was he could out recruit his incompetence. Then came 2013 and that hope died.

Reactions: largemouth
Yea, we all softened on the Cody teams. The prevailing hope was he could out recruit his incompetence. Then came 2013 and that hope died.
Did Crean specifically go for diamonds in the rough to avoid possible scandals that come with blue Chip players.

Did Crean specifically go for diamonds in the rough to avoid possible scandals that come with blue Chip players.
I have no idea. I suspect he went for diamonds in the rough for the same reason Purdue alums go for fatties. All he could get. He certainly offered enough blue chips. Hell he offered everyone. They just didn't sign with us.

No. He routinely offered a ton of blue chip guys then when he would miss he’d go grab a couple lower ranked guys late. He was trying as hard as anyone for the top kids. As any coach should and does.

No. He routinely offered a ton of blue chip guys then when he would miss he’d go grab a couple lower ranked guys late. He was trying as hard as anyone for the top kids. As any coach should and does.
I don't believe he was trying as hard as he could since I've heard it said if you're not cheating you're not winning

I don't believe he was trying as hard as he could since I've heard it said if you're not cheating you're not winning
Who said that? Was it those people? lol ..

They say all kinds of stuff.

Don't you wonder why all of a sudden that recruits we were in very good shape with all of a sudden went elsewhere. It seems like Crean would not go for what the players were asking for so they went where they would get it. I think the Brown kid that seemed like a lock for IU went to Miami and think he was part of the investigation from last year.

Don't you wonder why all of a sudden that recruits we were in very good shape with all of a sudden went elsewhere. It seems like Crean would not go for what the players were asking for so they went where they would get it. I think the Brown kid that seemed like a lock for IU went to Miami and think he was part of the investigation from last year.

All of the sudden everyone cheated except Crean all of the sudden.

Damezi can shoot the rock. He can play the 2 or 3 and initiate the offense as a point forward. Jerome Hunter will be able to play the 2 or 3 also.

Oh brother....

and when he farts it smells like cotton candy and teen spirit, right?

All of the sudden everyone cheated except Crean all of the sudden.

Does this mean fpeaughicosis is contagious? :D

That's true. We never had to worry about recruiting violations with Crean, just DUI's and players running each other over with cars.

Mirth at last! In his defense, boys will be, well, boys. Guessing every coach includes such experience in his/her learning curve, and that did seem to mark the beginning and the end of such under his tenure.

Damezi can shoot the rock. He can play the 2 or 3 and initiate the offense as a point forward. Jerome Hunter will be able to play the 2 or 3 also.

I like his upside. My guess is that he will be a little behind on getting used to the college game. Physically, he appears ready, and yes, he can shoot, but I suspect he wasn't coached all that well in high school and may need some time to adapt and learn. We shall see.

I like his upside. My guess is that he will be a little behind on getting used to the college game. Physically, he appears ready, and yes, he can shoot, but I suspect he wasn't coached all that well in high school and may need some time to adapt and learn. We shall see.
I saw him play a few games and would agree it may take a year for him to learn the defensive rotations. I do think his high school coaches worked with him though.

Or maybe we were just getting bad info believing we were in very good shape for those kids.

Crean is a fraud from the top of his head to the bottom of his feet.

When people realize that his only option is to try to convince the fanbase using lame circus trick diversions, I mean rah rah marketing...he's completely transparent.

First thing he did was s$#t all over the former players (only after he couldn't keep Bassett, Holman and Crawford). To buy sympathy.

He kept screaming how 'they' don't want us back. Maybe they were part of those people.

He pussified our non conference schedule.

He snuffed out the Kentucky series.

He had several recruiting issues. Hell he broke our call limit restrictions the second year.

Ahope was not about effing stickers, it was about a gray area illegal recruiting pipeline that no one really cared until a five star was delivered in Parea.

UNC claimed we paid for Noah and Williams. That could be sour grapes but...he did establish a funky pipeline to the east coast to the point that he recruited better from 1000 miles away than his own damn backyard.

He talked about family while constantly over committing....then would bitch about being young all the time.

He sat out James Blackmon for exactly three games for a mysterious injury. I was called many names on here for suggesting that if you understand that Crean is a liar, and that Crean can't take many more PR hits, that it's very Crean like to make an injury to his star player than to admit he had focus issues...for the benefit of Crean.

FYI after not playing a minute for three games, two days later in game 4 James started and played something like 34 minutes.

Lastly, I had the pleasure of looking around the lobby of Cook Hall and Assembly Hall a couple weeks ago. The biggest shrines were for 1976 and the 2013 sweet sixteen.

His big ten trophies are more prominant than our national title trophies.

It made me want to punch through the glass and steal all of his pictures.

If you didn't know better you'd think he was one of our greatest coaches.

I have no doubt that is all his doing and we haven't fixed it now that he's gone.

He's a complete fraud and I don't believe one word that comes out of his dumb mouth.

Lol...someone was going to pay for Buss Patterson (but not Matt Roth). Riiiiiight.

When people realize that his only option is to try to convince the fanbase using lame circus trick diversions, I mean rah rah marketing...he's completely transparent.

First thing he did was s$#t all over the former players (only after he couldn't keep Bassett, Holman and Crawford). To buy sympathy.

He kept screaming how 'they' don't want us back. Maybe they were part of those people.

He had several recruiting issues. Hell he broke our call limit restrictions the second year.

Ahope was not about effing stickers, it was about a gray area illegal recruiting pipeline that no one really cared until a five star was delivered in Parea.

UNC claimed we paid for Noah and Williams. That could be sour grapes but...he did establish a funky pipeline to the east coast to the point that he recruited better from 1000 miles away than his own damn backyard.

He talked about family while constantly over committing....then would bitch about being young all the time.

He sat out James Blackmon for exactly three games for a mysterious injury. I was called many names on here for suggesting that if you understand that Crean is a liar, and that Crean can't take many more PR hits, that it's very Crean like to make an injury to his star player than to admit he had focus issues...for the benefit of Crean.

FYI after not playing a minute for three games, two days later in game 4 James started and played something like 34 minutes.

Lastly, I had the pleasure of looking around the lobby of Cook Hall and Assembly Hall a couple weeks ago. The biggest shrines were for 1976 and the 2013 sweet sixteen.

I have no doubt that is all his doing and we haven't fixed it now that he's gone.

He's a complete fraud and I don't believe one word that comes out of his dumb mouth.

Lol...someone was going to pay for Buss Patterson (but not Matt Roth). Riiiiiight.

The first thing out of his mouth after being fired was saying something like he should have marketed better and maybe had a coaching show to better control expectations. Not, he recruited poorly. Not, he coached poorly. Not, he lead poorly. Not, he failed. Obviously, in his mind it wasn't his fault, it was the perspective of others that was at fault.

That alone shows exactly what he is. A con man like all orange people are. The orange skin itself is a con and an insight into his fake persona and character.. Only a superficial disingenuous buffoon surrounded by sycophants would do that to themselves.

I liked your post after reading the first sentence. Now I will continue with the rest.

Bullshit. You’re an idiot if you believe that. He was voted one of the biggest cheats in the game. Even had recruiting violations during his time.

I could also call 'bullshit', or alternately opt for 'definitely missed that'. Only thing besides that stupid Gary Harris thing I've ever seen is a poll of 100 NCAA coaches about who was "perceived" to be the biggest cheater. Only three said TC and I'd lay money Matt Painter was one of them. So do tell. Show me the money, or anything besides speculation, flimsy inference, 'heard it from my cousin's sister's boyfriend's aunt's housekeeper' type crap.

Maybe the best post of all time. Too bad it took the cult and SB Freddy so long to catch on. 9 years is an eternity in college coaching.

Reactions: TommyCracker
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT