ADVERTISEMENT

IU@Cincy: Cincy 7 IU 5 Final

Houston got a leadoff single to start the 6th, but a DP and a FO ended their at bat. Cincy lone run came in the 3rd and was unearned due to an IU error.

Boy. Trouble of our own doing (again) in the 6th. Not sure what this team hopes to hang it's collective hat on, but it probably isn't defense or clutch pitching. Or hitting. And I hate it for him, but the new coach has kinda been snake-bitten so far with some of his moves.

Krueger relieved Bierman in the 6th and had an absolutely horrible inning. After getting a leadoff out, in succession, he gave up a single, two WPs, a hit batter, and then a single scoring a run. After getting a 2nd out, he walked the next batter to load the bases, and then gave up a double which cleared the bases for three more runs.

Krueger relieved Bierman in the 6th and had an absolutely horrible inning. After getting a leadoff out, in succession, he gave up a single, two WPs, a hit batter, and then a single scoring a run. After getting a 2nd out, he walked the next batter to load the bases, and then gave up a double which cleared the bases for three more runs.
Looked like the double should have been caught. No clue why the cf let the lf try it.

Manous is in for Krueger in the B7th with the score still 5-4, Cincy.

That play to end the inning was just what the doctor ordered. Foolish base running by the opponent is a nice change and probably kept us from giving up at least another run. Thank you Bearcats.

For IU, Grant Richardson had a leadoff double in the 8th. Cincy brought in a reliever with an ERA of 9.45. He walked a batter to put runners on 1st and 2nd with no outs, but then Crail hit into a DP. However, Houston got an infield hit to score Richardson from 3rd to tie it at 5-5.

In the 8th, with a runner on base because of a walk and two outs, Sloan who relieved Manous, gave up a two-run homer to break the tie. It looks bleak for IU now.

That's a really bad loss, there. I just don't understand Krueger. I thought he would be so much better. Hopefully, it's just one really bad outing.....he had a 2.0 ERA going into the game but 5.40 now. And this the second time Sloan has come in to pitch the 9th and blown it. We can't keep putting the guy in there in that situation. Let's find someone other than Lloyd that can do it.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT