ADVERTISEMENT

IU a big spender for basketball recruiting

Look at the roster that year, who was coming on, and who could realistically play at the Big 10 level. Miller had a mulligan to begin, in earnest, to remake the roster. He didn’t, and IU’s progress been delayed (at best) as a result. As much as people talk scheme, the key on any transition is culture, and it stunk at the end of Crean’s tenure. Some of that could be changed, but much of it was ingrained in returning players, and the results have shown it. Slow starts, long lapses of fundamental play, a general lack of toughness and resolve. Miller waited too long to address this.
Again... specifics. It's easy to say he should have changed the culture, but how? Who should he have gotten rid of, and who was available to replace them? Without specifics, your post is as meaningless as saying "IU should have had better players in Miller's first year." If you had been hired, HOW would you have changed the culture. Specifics.

Again, I'm not trying to bait you. I just want to know how you would have tried to accomplish your goal.

Again... specifics. It's easy to say he should have changed the culture, but how? Who should he have gotten rid of, and who was available to replace them? Without specifics, your post is as meaningless as saying "IU should have had better players in Miller's first year." If you had been hired, HOW would you have changed the culture. Specifics.

Again, I'm not trying to bait you. I just want to know how you would have tried to accomplish your goal.
Nearly half the team couldn’t play at a Big 10 level, and the culture within the program was terrible. Get rid of the guys who can’t play or who don’t want to work. If you know hoops (you admitted you don’t), it’s not difficult. No wonder you’re happy with the program. You don’t know any better.

Nearly half the team couldn’t play at a Big 10 level, and the culture within the program was terrible. Get rid of the guys who can’t play or who don’t want to work. If you know hoops (you admitted you don’t), it’s not difficult. No wonder you’re happy with the program. You don’t know any better.
Just as I suspected, no concrete answers. All you say is the culture was bad and "get rid of the guys" who made it bad without naming names and without any players to replace them. It's quite easy for you to blame others, but aside from comments that are akin to "make it better," you offer no solutions. I was attempting to ask your opinion in earnest without any attacks, but you only offered personal attacks in return. Bravo. You've shown yourself as a complete troll. I hoped for more, yet got what I expected.

Just as I suspected, no concrete answers. All you say is the culture was bad and "get rid of the guys" who made it bad without naming names and without any players to replace them. It's quite easy for you to blame others, but aside from comments that are akin to "make it better," you offer no solutions. I was attempting to ask your opinion in earnest without any attacks, but you only offered personal attacks in return. Bravo. You've shown yourself as a complete troll. I hoped for more, yet got what I expected.
You never played sports, did you? To have no understanding how culture works in athletics makes you an even bigger idiot than you’ve already proven yourself to be. One little thing should stand out, even for someone like you: A lack of effort and focus was allowed to exist and even flourish in Millers first two seasons. Poor play happens, but poor effort should earn any player bench time. Far too often, Miller has allowed a lack of effort to go unchecked. And you either don’t recognize it or, worse, excuse it.

No wonder you’re happy with the program. You’ve never seen IU as an elite program and you wouldn’t know what it looked like anyway. I’ve tried to give you the benefit of the doubt because you seemed harmless, even though it was obvious you didn’t understand the game. Now we know why. It’s exactly what I expected from someone like you.

As for players, Moore, Forrester, Newkirk, Priller and Fitzner couldn’t play. Only someone like you couldn’t see that. Go away, troll.

Last edited:
Archie needs to buy Mitch Daniel's old tour the state as Gov RV. Inside-Out recruiting should help save on travel expenses while recruiting the state. Focus on Lander, Furst, Kaufman, Wesley.

This is what you are doing...

Black+Brick+cover.jpg

Except a brick wall knows more about basketball.

Don't feed the ubertroll

Reactions: Courtsensethree
I don’t know who is winning the argument but as far as the number of posts on this thread PranksterMary is ahead of Speroni by a count of 47 to 14. Most likely this will be subject to change.

Nope...you're 0/4. That 0.00 percentage is right at your average.
Keep up the average work.
If I’m wrong, why do you consistently demonstrate so little knowledge about IU and the basketball program? 0fer doesn’t begin to capture the vast expanse of your ignorance on this stuff. Why is that, especially if you’re continuing to claim an affiliation?

If I’m wrong, why do you consistently demonstrate so little knowledge about IU and the basketball program? 0fer doesn’t begin to capture the vast expanse of your ignorance on this stuff. Why is that, especially if you’re continuing to claim an affiliation?

Once again, I’m sorry for not remembering your family massage parlor behind the west stands back in the 60’s. I wasn’t old enough to go.

Once again, I’m sorry for not remembering your family massage parlor behind the west stands back in the 60’s. I wasn’t old enough to go.
The dodge, the deflection, the acknowledgement that everything I’ve said is correct.

There’s food in your bowl. Go eat.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT