ADVERTISEMENT

Its Vanderbilt

I'm both - and the same guy posting under the same identity since 2004. Not that I give a shit what you or your other 12 personalities think, but just for the record. One of us has never lied or tried to hide who he is. The other has been here under a dozen different user names, consistently lying and denying who he really is. Get help.

He is way beyond 12 now. I think close to five in the last two weeks. Mods are playing whack-a-troll the best they can.

Reactions: HoosierInOhio7
We all do. Forgive me if I have you mixed up with someone else but I thought I had seen you express that you were also willing to get a bit more dirty than we were in the past.

Also, Miller has been on the job for a few months. You might want to give him at least a class before you ratchet the expectations up to something that this program has not done on a regular basis since the early 90's.

I get it, we are all growing impatient because we know what this program is capable of. However, you do not hit the ground running on the type of recruiting you are pining for without doing the things that currently have a bunch of programs in trouble with the FBI.
I’m not becoming impatient with Archie. I’m giving him time. I haven’t been blown away by what he’s done so far, but I also haven’t been disappointed. This is about what I expected besides the Fort Wayne and ISU losses. I still believe he’ll get it going. And I’m encouraged by the team’s improvement over the course of the season.

And I don’t want IU to be “a bit more dirty” because I don’t believe the fantasy that we’re this squeaky clean, holier than thou program that is held back by our morals. That BS is just a terrible excuse that has infiltrated our fanbase over 2 decades of inept leadership. So no I don’t want to be dirty. But I also don’t believe we’re “cleaner” than Duke, UNC, Kansas, UK, etc. We just haven’t had good leadership and those programs have. Period. End of story.

That’s fine. You also thought Crean was the answer for 9 years. And very adamantly defended him like he was your elderly grandmother.
I did not think he was the answer but said he did not deserve to be fired after winning the conference 2 out of 4 years. Also I called for his head after all of the off the court stuff that happened but that did not happen so I decided to back the IU coach.

I’m not becoming impatient with Archie. I’m giving him time. I haven’t been blown away by what he’s done so far, but I also haven’t been disappointed. This is about what I expected besides the Fort Wayne and ISU losses. I still believe he’ll get it going. And I’m encouraged by the team’s improvement over the course of the season.

And I don’t want IU to be “a bit more dirty” because I don’t believe the fantasy that we’re this squeaky clean, holier than thou program that is held back by our morals. That BS is just a terrible excuse that has infiltrated our fanbase over 2 decades of inept leadership. So no I don’t want to be dirty. But I also don’t believe we’re “cleaner” than Duke, UNC, Kansas, UK, etc. We just haven’t had good leadership and those programs have. Period. End of story.

Your second paragraph is where we disagree.

I did not think he was the answer but said he did not deserve to be fired after winning the conference 2 out of 4 years. Also I called for his head after all of the off the court stuff that happened but that did not happen so I decided to back the IU coach.
So you wanted to keep a coach who you didn’t think was the answer? That’s doubtful. Why is it so hard for you to admit you were wrong?

So you wanted to keep a coach who you didn’t think was the answer? That’s doubtful. Why is it so hard for you to admit you were wrong?
Yes I was wrong thinking Crean should stay but I was right that we wouldn't get a big name coach. That was another reason I did not think we should make a change just to make a change. I always said that we would have to get an up and comer and not an established coach. I wanted Marshall and was not that high on Miller but I am going to give him a few years before judging him.

UK has been to 5 Final Fours in the last 8 years. We haven’t even been to the tournament 5 times in the last decade. I’d say they’re doing ok.[/QU

Staytuned approved this message....Obviously he let his loyalty slip.

I can't really disagree with your assessment. The one wild card is Bryce Drew. I personally have never been impressed with him as a coach and he has done a terrible job this season. They should have been a bubble team or better this year and they are going to end up with a losing record.

False. The very best case scenario was a bubble team this year. He lost a huge piece of the team last year that opened up the court for everyone else. The team has improved this year, when with one of our 1k point, 3 star recruit seniors getting hurt for the season a few weeks ago

False. The very best case scenario was a bubble team this year. He lost a huge piece of the team last year that opened up the court for everyone else. The team has improved this year, when with one of our 1k point, 3 star recruit seniors getting hurt for the season a few weeks ago
Keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better.

No one is guaranteed of anythkng. But they’ll have a much better chance than we will if they get Romeo. Just reality.

No, because we have Juwan Morgan and a better coach. You never know how well a freshman will play. Only UK and Duke have had success playing multiple five star freshmen. Drew has no experience managing egos like that.

Why is a great coach like Drew six games under .500 in his second season? I can guarantee you Archie won’t be 10-16 next year.

Why is a great coach like Drew six games under .500 in his second season? I can guarantee you Archie won’t be 10-16 next year.

I know it doesn’t fit your narrative to believe CBD might be a good coach. Imagine next year, CAM losing Morgan to graduation or early NBA. You replace home with one 4 star player ( instead of the 4 you have coming in). Do you really believe IU will be better? Maybe it would, but it is a lot easier if Morgan is there. That’s what we lost in Kornet. I’m not going to get into a back and forth again. It’s useless. But I will defend Drew when he has done nothing to confirm your belief that he is a bad coach.

Last edited:
This team under Tom Crean would be under .500. Can't run and gun 3 pointers if nobody can shoot them.

With the cast that he has, I am very impressed with Archie.

Reactions: IUforver
Take it for what it is worth but listening to Kent Sterling a few minutes ago and he is from New Albany. He said the people he knows in New Albany is telling him IU is way out in the lead for Romeo. Nobody really knows where Romeo is going and we will have these rumors going around for another month.

Take it for what it is worth but listening to Kent Sterling a few minutes ago and he is from New Albany. He said the people he knows in New Albany is telling him IU is way out in the lead for Romeo. Nobody really knows where Romeo is going and we will have these rumors going around for another month.

I got the feeling that IU was in the lead due to Vanderbilt seemingly throwing the whole kitchen sink at him on Saturday. Honoring Vandy players in the NBA at the game, bringing Garland, etc. Seems like Vandy knows they are falling behind and are going all in tomorrow.

Reactions: IUgradman

False? You basically agreed with me that you should be in the tourney this year. You want to argue over semantics because I thought you could have been a 9 seed instead of a 12 seed?

Every team,every year, loses players. The difference is most teams don’t return 3 seniors who were starters (or played 20+ minutes) the previous year(s) and scored 1000+ points. Not a single person predicted Vandy to be last in the SEC and under .500. The facts are you guys have greatly underachieved and that is on your coach.

Last edited:
Did Kent Sterling say anything about where bonds are going or whether I should reposition my 401k to take advantage of Donald Trump singlehandedly making the stock market go up (well, that's what he says anyway). This is pretty important to me (and probably no more speculative than guessing where Langford will go).

Ok, so did BJ McCallister say he knew Romeo was going to Vandy, or was it just a prediction. Pretty easy for someone to say so and so is going to this school and express it as an opinion and have others hear it as a definate fact.

Reactions: Icefan
I got the feeling that IU was in the lead due to Vanderbilt seemingly throwing the whole kitchen sink at him on Saturday. Honoring Vandy players in the NBA at the game, bringing Garland, etc. Seems like Vandy knows they are falling behind and are going all in tomorrow.
That sounds like Macchiavelli (when he said something about the government being able to judge how it is doing against the rebels by observing how desperate the rebels are acting). I hope someone with a laptop can find this quote, because I'm on a phone right now.

Reactions: hoosier0808

I live in New Albany and this is what I have been hearing as well.

No, because we have Juwan Morgan and a better coach. You never know how well a freshman will play. Only UK and Duke have had success playing multiple five star freshmen. Drew has no experience managing egos like that.
You’re right he doesn’t have a track record either way. He could be the next big HOF coach, he could be a dud. We don’t know. For that reason I don’t think it’s right to assume he will fail with them. There’s a pretty strong correlation between the talent a team has and their success, regardless of coach. Like John Wooden always said...give me talent over experience all day.

Again, he could be a flop but history would suggest if you have 3 five star players on your team you have a good shot at making a few tournament run.

You’re right he doesn’t have a track record either way. He could be the next big HOF coach, he could be a dud. We don’t know. For that reason I don’t think it’s right to assume he will fail with them. There’s a pretty strong correlation between the talent a team has and their success, regardless of coach. Like John Wooden always said...give me talent over experience all day.

Again, he could be a flop but history would suggest if you have 3 five star players on your team you have a good shot at making a few tournament run.

Just looking at my roster ratings, I would tend to agree with your position on the topic of Drew and Vandy. Here are a few points...
  • Vandy's current roster (based on the top minute earners) only converts to a 79 Sagarin Rating.
  • Sports Illustrated had Vandy picked 11th in the pre-season and it would have been even lower if they had known that Fischer-Davis would go down. SI is my go to for pre-season picks because they incorporate a system very similar to my own.
  • Vandy has played the 3rd toughest schedule in the country. It's looking like they will play 20 regular season games vs NCAA Tournament teams. IU will only have played 9 or 10 games vs tourney teams by the end of the regular season.
  • Vandy's 2018-19 roster projects to be an 86 Sagarin without Romeo (usually indicative of a Top 20-25 team) and a 90 Sagarin with Romeo (Top 10)
Not saying my numbers are a great predictor, because they are not. They do provide a solid and objective foundation for reasonable expectations.

Reactions: fpeaugh and KyDore
I am sure people on here would bend over backwards to justify a 10-16 record in Archie’s next season. Why does Drew get the benefit of the doubt?

It is absurd to predict the quality of a team based on players who never played in a college game.

Why is it OK for Darius to play for the hometown school but not OK for Romeo to stay instate?

I will take a senior Juwan Morgan over that pipsqueak Darius and Shittu coming off an ACL tear any day of the week. Justin Smith will be much improved next year too.

I am sure people on here would bend over backwards to justify a 10-16 record in Archie’s next season. Why does Drew get the benefit of the doubt?

It is absurd to predict the quality of a team based on players who never played in a college game.

Why is it OK for Darius to play for the hometown school but not OK for Romeo to stay instate?

I think Archie's doing a fantastic job and I'm not sure we'll be an NCAA Tournament team next year. If Morgan decides to fly the coup and Langford goes elsewhere, IU will probably be a year away from getting back in the mix.

I would probably bet that Morgan stays and we do get Romeo, but there is some uncertainty.

Sorry but it's hard to take anyone seriously who misspells the inspiration for their personal handle... You might want to look into that.

bo·dhi·satt·va

McHoop

smh. Appreciate the lesson but I’m aware. There are like 4 rivals posters who already have varying iterations of the handle. Couldn’t get the correct spelling. At any rate has no bearing on the fact he’s unfortunately going to vandy

smh. Appreciate the lesson but I’m aware. There are like 4 rivals posters who already have varying iterations of the handle. Couldn’t get the correct spelling. At any rate has no bearing on the fact he’s unfortunately going to vandy

I hope these Vandy people aren’t buying everything they are told......they haven’t been in a lot of recruiting battles for one and dones.

And my god, they are the worst trolls......

He is going to Vanderbilt... pretty poorly kept secret in Nashville at this point.
What? I'm doubting this one.

I am actively involved in Middle Tennessee High School basketball with my focus being Nashville. Not a soul is talking about Romeo. Why? Cause no one in TN has a clue there is a Romeo. Vanderbilt is not the Mecca of basketball talk, still there has been zero discussion in my hundreds of conversations with coaches around Nashville about Romeo. "A poorly kept secret"? C'mon now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT