ADVERTISEMENT

Its Vanderbilt

OK, I don’t want to hear about how intelligent our fans are ever again. This is just stupid. Recruits announce at that game every year. And for the love of God, he didn’t grow up in Indiana. People act like he is supposed to make a big announcement from the barbershop in downtown New Albany.
Do you always have to undercut what others have to say on every topic? Like someone has said before, you'd better stick to facilities and shining Fred's shoes.

Go back through my history . If you cant handle another persons insites, opinions why attack? Ive always been positive on here and I post one thing and get accused of all kinds of crap. Go look at the bios on New Albany s staff you can figure it out from there. I grew up close to the area and heard it all this past few days.
You know, somehow, even though I live on the other side of the world, I believe a different story about the Sean May recruitment....

Okay, so I have seen your history and most of your other posts make you seem like an IU fan. Not sure if you’re pretending or not....

Say you are telling the truth. Where did you get your info? Anyone could find a rumor like that. Someone might of made it up on a Vandy board 3 months ago.

Why is Self visiting Romeo? Seems pointless to me if Romeo was a done deal. If this happened today, no offense, I doubt you would someone who receives the info. I think it may have got incorrectly passed to you. Sorry, it was just hard to take seriously with all the errors and the troll tactics.

If you are lying on purpose, though, then get off the board.

Have a friend of a friend who secretly acquired a stool sample from the New Albany gym bathroom. They said Romeo left it. Had a bunch of IU found in it.

It’s now medically confirmed: Romeo to IU.

Reactions: hometownfan
Langford to Vandy with Shittu and Garland. Will announce at the Mcdonalds game. Bryce Drew getting it done on the recruiting trail.

But not winning anything. He may have a good season with his mercenaries but he isn’t building a sustainable program.

IU fans didn’t boo Trey Lyles after he decommitted and went to Kentucky. They didn’t boo Teague, Wilkes, Harris, Irvin, or Guy.

Why wouldn’t Romeo just commit now to Vandy so he wouldn’t have to sign crap for an hour after every game?

You are arguing against your own info. I'm pointing out that he is unlikely to announce IU at McD because it is when he will be with the Vandy recruits. I hope I'm wrong, it just makes sense to choose a non-IU school outside of Indiana.
He will also be with some of his family who lives in the Atlanta area.

yet you post on the thread to tell me to STFU? But yeah, you "honestly" dont care.

Once again insults and putdowns.
Just take it back to the Vandy board because no one here cares what you say or think. He very well could go to Vandy but I don't believe your source because if it true then all the media would have this info as well.

A source on New Albanys staff has leaked it in his hometown just east up the Ohio River.
That's pretty good since a decision hasn't been made. But I don't blame him for picking Vandy. They are paying a premium rate right now for top talent.

Reactions: IUgradman
Ok. Sorry you've been disparaged but to an extent you participated and drew out the the "discussion".

A word of advice (and I've been down this path so I sympathize).

First, don't be so emphatic. Your news was that you heard X. You don't need to restate it again and again like it's a done deal. It's not done till it's done. That you heard something is a fact; that what you heard is true, has yet to be confirmed.

2. Not everyone in the know is really in the know. Not everyone in the know tells the truth. What may be thought to be true by a person in the know, isn't always.

3. Every seemingly reasonable reason for why a recruit should/would select school A, is just a subjective, weighted probability which is interpreted by the opinions of a group to create a lean one way, but in reality, the opposite weighting may be true to the individual recruit. [if he's choosing based on who his teammates are I can see picking his buddies but opposite, we have a very solid Ace in Morgan so hte choice becomes to either have fun, or play some really good basketball. If it's coach, Drew is a good coach but Miller's turned IU's D around from B10 last to 2nd best (and climbing). If it's location and amenities that's more difficult... those who could predict what's in his mind on that topic are also close enough to respect his wishes to keep it quiet so it's still a complete guess for the masses.

4a.. Some tea leaves are pure misdirection.
4b. The reading of his waiting to announce. I agree with you that not announcing sooner should create chatter that he's leaning Vandy however, One could also see it as he's just following through on what he originally stated -he was going to enjoy the season, then decide. He's smart to leave his option open in case something unforeseen happens *like your buddy going down to serious injury. He's also allowed for a longer look a two newer coaches which, as IU improves, the waiting is more beneficial to Miller and IU. If he had decided on Vandy, the very sound basketball we're playing right now could change his mind. In My Opinion.

For the record, I do think the probability is Vandy simply because I think he and Garland are that close. But who knows. Not I.

One last comment, as far as fan treatment, yes his reception this year would have been less exuberant by IU colored crowds but if he'd declared Vandy back in Nov when few thought we had any chance, there would have been zero negativity. If he announced Vandy today, there may be a feeling of IU being lead on for the sake of vanity (to a very very few) so, yes, he might hear it to a small degree.
If he announces IAW the timeline he's laid out and it's not IU, all's fine, he gave us a full look, we took our best shot, no hard feelings and we all wish him well.

Last edited:
I don't believe a soul has a clue, but Romeo and his family IF the decision has been made.

There is absolutely zero reason for Romeo to pick Vandy. None at all. They are exceptionally horrible this year, but have always consistently been horrible. I live in Nashville and good Vandy basketball seats can be had for 5 bucks - always!! Not on down years, always. If Romeo chooses Vandy, something very wrong is occurring behind closed doors.
You’re assuming to know what his priorities are without really knowing. What makes you think number of fans in the seats is more important than playing with his friends?

These are kids. What’s more important to them...the random people sitting in the stands for 20 games per year or the friends you spend 15 hours per day with at school? I’m just saying...his priorities aren’t your priorities. We don’t know what he values most yet.

IU fans didn’t boo Trey Lyles after he decommitted and went to Kentucky. They didn’t boo Teague, Wilkes, Harris, Irvin, or Guy.

Why wouldn’t Romeo just commit now to Vandy so he wouldn’t have to sign crap for an hour after every game?
Because it's a BS excuse made up by people on the internet and has nothing to do with his recruitment..

Langford to Vandy with Shittu and Garland. Will announce at the Mcdonalds game. Bryce Drew getting it done on the recruiting trail.

And, almost as potentially exciting for Vandy fans is that Montgomery is waiting to see what Langford does. There is talk that Nesmith may end up top-40 so if all that happened Vandy’s class would be right there with Duke’s. Langford is clearly Vandy’s possible key to Montgomery.

Reactions: boilers-seminoles
And, almost as potentially exciting for Vandy fans is that Montgomery is waiting to see what Langford does. There is talk that Nesmith may end up top-40 so if all that happened Vandy’s class would be right there with Duke’s. Langford is clearly Vandy’s possible key to Montgomery.
You're an idiot .. go away.

LOL

Money is your key to Montgomery. Anybody who lands that kid is begging for a rectal exam from the NCAA, if not the FBI.

This is a dumb thread. Romeo is trying to win state, and going through the recruiting process. When he makes a decision, he will announce. Unfortunately for all the weirdo’s, the situation is that simple.

Reactions: KyDore
You’re assuming to know what his priorities are without really knowing. What makes you think number of fans in the seats is more important than playing with his friends?

These are kids. What’s more important to them...the random people sitting in the stands for 20 games per year or the friends you spend 15 hours per day with at school? I’m just saying...his priorities aren’t your priorities. We don’t know what he values most yet.
You are correct. If he's good with 5,000 people a game, pitiful conditioned arena, on TV a handful of times, ignored by national media, miss NCAA tournament, relatively insignificant until draft day, then Vandy is a great spot. Heck, I'm a Vandy fan that attends regularly, but it's no IU. Not in someone's wildest dreams. Although, he will always have access Nashville hot chicken. That's a plus.

You are correct. If he's good with 5,000 people a game, pitiful conditioned arena, on TV a handful of times, ignored by national media, miss NCAA tournament, relatively insignificant until draft day, then Vandy is a great spot. Heck, I'm a Vandy fan that attends regularly, but it's no IU. Not in someone's wildest dreams. Although, he will always have access Nashville hot chicken. That's a plus.
Watched a few minutes of the Vandy game last night against Miss. St. and that place was dead. Even the front row seats on the side are far away from the floor and there were plenty of empty seats in the first 4 or 5 rows.

Enjoy your one year of mercenaries. When they all bolt for the NBA then what? It’s back to square one. Drew will never have another class like this.

Watched a few minutes of the Vandy game last night against Miss. St. and that place was dead. Even the front row seats on the side are far away from the floor and there were plenty of empty seats in the first 4 or 5 rows.
I was able to get 2 main level tickets for 5 bucks a piece. It's pretty typical

Not making it up Ill go a step further hes from Switzerland Co. Sorry to hurt your feelings. Word from him is Langford wants to enjoy signing autographs and not getting booed in every highschool gym including his own by IU fans. Hes waiting till the season is over for a announcement at the McAA game.
This sounds more logical, if Romeo was going to
IU he would have sign signed awhile back.
I think that a top five Blue Blood is in the mix...

This sounds more logical, if Romeo was going to
IU he would have sign signed awhile back.
I think that a top five Blue Blood is in the mix...

No, signing late gives him time to evaluate Archie’s coaching ability and continue to build a relationship with the coaching staff.

That floor layout is the dumbest thing imaginable for a major conference team. The Barn has "character", but at least it's recognizable as a basketball venue. Memorial Gymnasium looks like HPER with seating. It's just stoopid. If I were a big name coach and was approached about going there, I'd demand that the arena be rebuilt/reconfigured before signing on the dotted line.

He didnt get a BOO because he was DUKE/UL and UK all the while Crean was at IU. Wasnt until CAM come on the IU got involved. Vandy started coming on very strong as did Kansas. When Pitino was fired he dropped UofL, Duke picked up comments. Fall out happened with coach Cal. Now all im doing is telling you what I heard so get mad ,call me a troll cry away. If he was IU bound he would have already verballed. Connect the dots a little here.

Why are you calling Romeo a liar? He's been consistent with when he will be announcing. If you try too hard to connect these imaginary dots, then don't be surprised when the Illuminati come and get you.

I was at the Jennings Co and Madison games at both the whole place started chanting IU, IU ,IU .....now would that have happened if he already commited to Vandy? No. Would there be BOOs I believe so. I was at the state tourney when Marquis Teague was hearing them after picking UK. Agreed maybe Sean didnt hear it in highschool but he did when he came back. Langford is not going to kill the excitement by revealing his school of choice while the season is still going. Garland will be as you said in Atlanta. Coach Drew has thrown the kitchen sink. I have told you what I heard. People like to pretend IU is a destination spot for in state kids. Its NOT. Not yet at least I believe in CAM but feel he got late to the party on Langford. I have also discussed my hesitation on Romeo with him being an Adidas kid and so high on Louisville at one time, now Kansas. There was a time ago a rumor about UK wanting to pay. Dont know where it came from but for a sort while it was out there. So at end of the day I believe hes going to Vandy and in a very short time CAM will have IU rolling once again. Im not troll , no Vandy fan.

So now there is a chance Romeo is maybe kind of sort of dirty because of his connection to Adidas... along with some of the top schools in the country recruiting him? But he won't chose any of them and will instead go to Bryce Drew who is clean as a whistle /s WTF are you talking about?

No, signing late gives him time to evaluate Archie’s coaching ability and continue to build a relationship with the coaching staff.
If Langford's decision is really such a close call, then he absolutely should go to all the IU and Vanderbilt games that he can, just to see how these coaches perform under pressure.

He might be trying to rule out the also-rans rather than to pick his favorite. If one of them lost his temper or made some coaching blunder right in front of Langford in person, he might consider that enough reason to reduce the field.

You think they’d miss the tournament with 3 top 20 players but we’d have a chance to make a run with 1? You serious? You realize how ridiculous this sounds to non IU fans don’t you?

Reactions: KyDore
You think they’d miss the tournament with 3 top 20 players but we’d have a chance to make a run with 1? You serious? You realize how ridiculous this sounds to non IU fans don’t you?
I know, it’s great how much everyone underestimates us.

Ah, you watch UK this year?

And you do know Shittu injured his ACL?

And you do know.....ah, fu**ing forget it.....it’s not worth it

Brad coming back yet?

Last edited:

You realize how ridiculous your posts are to IU fans? Don’t let your agenda force you to make bad posts. Never mind, too late...at least all of the trolls here from other boards give you a lot of likes.

You realize how ridiculous your posts are to IU fans? Don’t let your agenda force you to make bad posts. Never mind, too late...at least all of the trolls here from other boards give you a lot of likes.
It's not like this place is known for its high basketball IQ.

Reactions: IU Hardcore
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT