ADVERTISEMENT

$, it's starting.......

The last paragraph was my favorite...

Maybe Brad comes back to college one day. Maybe he doesn’t. What he needs is not for us to say, but that college basketball needs him is evident with every chest thump from a kid who dunks down 25, each ill-tempered tirade from a supposed educator, the many defensive possessions where five kids are playing three different defenses, and when coaches run players off campus to reclaim a scholarship better used on a more talented player.
He should have just written, "Please come back and coach at Indiana University and save us all from this madness"...

As I posted in another thread, his C's are starting to slide down. With them having multiple picks this season, even in a draft and stash year, I could see the C's making a move this year or next.

Sadly, Crean is raking on a sucky schedule and league teams thus far and will likely reap rewards at the end of the season. I always thought Stevens was a long shot anyway, but this winning streak really is coming at a bad time, if Stevens really is on the way out soon.

As I posted in another thread, his C's are starting to slide down. With them having multiple picks this season, even in a draft and stash year, I could see the C's making a move this year or next.

Sadly, Crean is raking on a sucky schedule and league teams thus far and will likely reap rewards at the end of the season. I always thought Stevens was a long shot anyway, but this winning streak really is coming at a bad time, if Stevens really is on the way out soon.

IU is only 1 game better on the season record-wise than last year at this point in the season. Slow your roll....as you said, the schedule was terrible thus far. We haven't played anybody good yet. Winning at a bad Minnesota will be tough as we always play bad in The Barn. Beyond that, a lot of good teams coming up.

Reactions: Moops
IU is only 1 game better on the season record-wise than last year at this point in the season. Slow your roll....as you said, the schedule was terrible thus far. We haven't played anybody good yet. Winning at a bad Minnesota will be tough as we always play bad in The Barn. Beyond that, a lot of good teams coming up.
Yep. Come February, things get tougher and we should do what a typical Crean team does in February after a solid January.

Reactions: C-$
Oh I agree......just know IU's luck recently and how Fast Freddy is chomping at the bit to prove that extension was no fluke!

As MD says, I'm not rooting against IU. But if who I cheered for mattered, we'd be overflowing with banners. And my CHEERS have turned to rahs, which turned to uuuhs. I still want them to win, but I don't think they are going to win.

And I know that they aren't going to win.

And I know they won't make it to the Sweet 16 ... even though I will 'uuuh' for them to do it.

Which should get him fired.

So hope is possible @Zizkov .

EDIT: But what I was trying to say when I started this reply to SH is: Like you I think they will ultimately fail. They will lose games they should win and I doubt they win any they should lose. They will likely stagger into the tournament as history has shown.

Reactions: SuperHoosier

Perhaps, but the numbers are in Crean's favor. Already two road wins and it doesn't matter who they were against. It's two road wins. We play MSU, Maryland, Purdue, and UM only once. Iowa twice. So that means of the 4 teams (other than IU) probably at the top we play 3 of them once and Iowa twice. We could actually win the Big Ten only beating Iowa once at home and losing every other game to the overall top 5. Purdue already has two losses.

This table is set and the candles are lit. The traditional trouble teams (see Minnesota) are horrific this season. Zero chance we lose at Minnesota. Even $ could coach this team to 13-5. Tom Crean must have a pet leprechaun in his pocket, granting his every wish.

We'll never be rid of him.

Perhaps, but the numbers are in Crean's favor. Already two road wins and it doesn't matter who they were against. It's two road wins. We play MSU, Maryland, Purdue, and UM only once. Iowa twice. So that means of the 4 teams (other than IU) probably at the top we play 3 of them once and Iowa twice. We could actually win the Big Ten only beating Iowa once at home and losing every other game to the overall top 5. Purdue already has two losses.

This table is set and the candles are lit. The traditional trouble teams (see Minnesota) are horrific this season. Zero chance we lose at Minnesota. Even $ could coach this team to 13-5. Tom Crean must have a pet leprechaun in his pocket, granting his every wish.

I hate you.

Reactions: mike41703

Haha I would coach circles around you.

I see our likely record in conference right now at 12-6. I think we lose at least 5 of 6 against MSU, Maryland, Purdue, IowaX2 and Michigan. I also expect us to drop another game in which we are favored because that's what always happens. We got 12-6, win a game in the BIGT and enter the NCAAT at 22-10 and a likely 8-10 seed. If we can got 13-5 or 14-4, we will likely be a 5 or 6 seed, but likely be a borderline Top 25 team as all of our losses in conference play are likely to happen over a 3-4 week period which will hurt our ability to stay

After Maui, I was ready to move in another direction . Now, if we really want a chance at Stevens, getting one more year out of Crean would be the best course of action. Boston is going to have to upgrade the roster this offseason. This is going to be a draft that is very weak. The one "impact player" can't shoot, and the next best player is a 4 year senior PG (he also isn't Tim Duncan).

If the Celtics can't find a way to swing a trade for Cousins and don't land the #1 pick, I don't think they will be able to upgrade their roster to a point of being a true contender in the East. Cleveland, Miami, Washington, Detroit, Chicago, New York & Toronto all have rosters setup with multiple Elite players and/or young All Star players. Boston won't have that absent landing Ben Simmons of Cousins.

None of this matters. Hell, let him win the B1G. The Tourney will be our undoing. Finish top 3 or so in the B1G, then lose in the first round. It'll all be over.

I see our likely record in conference right now at 12-6. I think we lose at least 5 of 6 against MSU, Maryland, Purdue, IowaX2 and Michigan. I also expect us to drop another game in which we are favored because that's what always happens. We got 12-6, win a game in the BIGT and enter the NCAAT at 22-10 and a likely 8-10 seed. If we can got 13-5 or 14-4, we will likely be a 5 or 6 seed, but likely be a borderline Top 25 team as all of our losses in conference play are likely to happen over a 3-4 week period which will hurt our ability to stay

After Maui, I was ready to move in another direction . Now, if we really want a chance at Stevens, getting one more year out of Crean would be the best course of action. Boston is going to have to upgrade the roster this offseason. This is going to be a draft that is very weak. The one "impact player" can't shoot, and the next best player is a 4 year senior PG (he also isn't Tim Duncan).

If the Celtics can't find a way to swing a trade for Cousins and don't land the #1 pick, I don't think they will be able to upgrade their roster to a point of being a true contender in the East. Cleveland, Miami, Washington, Detroit, Chicago, New York & Toronto all have rosters setup with multiple Elite players and/or young All Star players. Boston won't have that absent landing Ben Simmons of Cousins.

The hater in me says 10-8, but let's call it 11-7 adjusting for haterade.

No better.

Reactions: IUecho87
None of this matters. Hell, let him win the B1G. The Tourney will be our undoing. Finish top 3 or so in the B1G, then lose in the first round. It'll all be over.

Nah. I don't care if we lose in the first round, IU is not going to fire a guy who just won the conference. No way. And then he can't be fired next year either, because like we said last year you can't fire a guy who won the conference just the year before. Right?

Crean is a master. He's the master of winning just enough and spacing those seasons out just right. The only way we're getting rid of him within the next three seasons is if he wants to leave.

I would have a Stevens-like demeanor on the sideline

Nah, Stevens is very stoic, wise beyond his years, chooses his words carefully, and is universally respected.

You, on the other hand, show immaturity, impulsiveness, love to talk, and have a general preoccupation with being the center of attention. That doesn't sound as much like Brad as it does...

1mprsV2.gif

Nah, Stevens is very stoic, wise beyond his years, chooses his words carefully, and is universally respected.

You, on the other hand, show immaturity, impulsiveness, love to talk, and have a general preoccupation with being the center of attention. That doesn't sound as much like Brad as it does...

1mprsV2.gif
TROY WILLIAMS

Tom Crean must have a pet leprechaun in his pocket, granting his every wish.

Sounds like Cubs fan. Next year will be the perfect year to get Stevens.

As everyone was saying last year, regardless what Crean does this year, send a man to bring Stevens home.

Stevens is going to limp into the playoffs which means he won't get the #1 pick. Does he really want the scenario you outlined? Does he want to waste his talents as a perennial 8-seed?

#destiny

Reactions: C-$
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT