ADVERTISEMENT

It's all on Glass and Crean.

I tend to believe that Glass was going to stay with Crean and give him a “prove it” season. If that had happened it would have been disastrous for recruiting because he would have had less than four years on his contract. I do believe that without the backlash, Glass would have stayed with Crean, but I also he believe he absolutely hit it out of the park with the hiring of Archie.

This is true. Despite what Fpeaugh will say Crean would still be our coach if Fred had his way.
What I would say??!!! You must have amnesia.

I was on here over a year ago saying Crean’s time was limited. The experiment was coming to an end. This was at the beginning of last year. And I got absolutely ridiculed for it...

”Crean will be here as long as he wants”
“Glass won’t fire his buddy Crean”
“He can’t/won’t fire him a year removed from a Big Ten title!” - popular BS one
And about 1000 other excuses.

I told people then it wasn’t Glass’s decision. That he wasn’t driving the ship anymore. I had heard it first hand from more than one influential person. And everyone doubted me.

I’m not sure where you get your delusions on this, but they’re certainly not based in any reality.

I was told that Quinn and some of those guys identified Miller for Glass.

I was informed that Glass was out in B-town with Quinn looking for Bigfoot and caught this grainy shot of Donovan outside Cook Hall.

bigfoot1.jpg

Reactions: hondo314 and RBB89
What I would say??!!! You must have amnesia.

I was on here over a year ago saying Crean’s time was limited. The experiment was coming to an end. This was at the beginning of last year. And I got absolutely ridiculed for it...

”Crean will be here as long as he wants”
“Glass won’t fire his buddy Crean”
“He can’t/won’t fire him a year removed from a Big Ten title!” - popular BS one
And about 1000 other excuses.

I told people then it wasn’t Glass’s decision. That he wasn’t driving the ship anymore. I had heard it first hand from more than one influential person. And everyone doubted me.

I’m not sure where you get your delusions on this, but they’re certainly not based in any reality.

You said many times that Glass wasn't sold on Crean and wanted to make a change. That simply wasn't true. His hand was forced.

Reactions: IUgradman
You said many times that Glass wasn't sold on Crean and wanted to make a change. That simply wasn't true. His hand was forced.
Who cares? He made the change, we made a great hire, we're building great facilities left and right, the AD has been in the black for like 10 straight years while bringing in more donations every year...who cares? Do you just want to be up in arms about something?

We heard “be patient” from the Crean cult for years. It better not take 4 years for Archie to field a competitive team competing for the Big Ten. If it does he’ll lose the fan base before then. It doesn’t matter if that’s right, but that’s the reality.

Frankly, if we just had a slightly better FGA this year..

Who cares? He made the change, we made a great hire, we're building great facilities left and right, the AD has been in the black for like 10 straight years while bringing in more donations every year...who cares? Do you just want to be up in arms about something?

That’s all great except we don’t win.

Reactions: fpeaugh
Again, you may have amnesia. I clearly said Glass wasn’t driving the decision. For months. Not sure where you got confused but either way it doesn’t matter. It happened. 6 years too late, but it happened.

old.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT