ADVERTISEMENT

It’s now time to fire Tom Allen

He does not have to serve as HC. He can take a lesser role within the department while they pay him his remaining year. Thus, no big buyout needed. I have seen Universities utilize this when needed. If it is clear that he is not the answer going forward, why would you continue to have him run the program?

Allen's agent would NEVER let that happen... I will guarantee you the contract was written so that IU either has to let Allen go, and IU pays the buyout, or keep him another year... No demotions allowed..... There's no option for IU to do what you're suggesting.... At this level of sports contracts - players, coaches, tv hosts, etc. - they don't have "holes" like that..... Guarantee it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Radio Zero
Would you mind providing some examples please? I am charting plays, but a storm blew through the area and my DVR did not record the last two TD drives.
Gave up contain on QB. Pass rush nonexistent. Gave up 100 yards rushing in 1st half.

It’s completely inexcusable for a team to not be prepared in year 7 for such a huge game. We spotted them an entire half of football.

He can yell, scream, and rah rah all he wants, but his time at Indiana should be over now. If this team was put into the correct positions for 60 minutes for 12 games a year, the right coach would have us bowling. I have no doubt.
If he put the team in the correct positions, for 60 minutes, for 12 games, he would probably be on football's Mount Rushmore. I'm not sure if any coach has ever done that . . .

Firing Allen at some point may actually happen, but doing it now wouldn’t help the program in any way, and it would badly hurt the players.
Agreed. Let MSU endure that joyride.

It’s unfortunate, at least in retrospect, that when Dolson gave Allen the new contract he not only included a $1 Mil a year raise, he also chose to reverse the guaranteed portion of the contract.

If Dolson had offered the $1 Mil raise BUT kept the “guarantee structure” that was in the 2019 contract/ raise Glass gave to Allen, then as of this Dec 1st the buyout would be $10 million instead of $20.

In other words, Archie Miller territory.

Reactions: 82hoosier
Gave up contain on QB. Pass rush nonexistent. Gave up 100 yards rushing in 1st half.
Apologies - I was more interested in the details of Louisville's 3rd and 4th drives.

3rd drive had 13 snaps. 8 rushes (2, 13, 5, 2, 5, 3, 6, 10, 2) and 5 passes (INC, 13, 6, 17, 7). What gaps did they hit? Did we lose an edge on this drive? result was a TD.

4th drive had 7 snaps. 5 rushes (5, 7, 5, 6, 25) and 2 snaps (INC, 18). Result was a TD.

I would be grateful for any help.

Apologies - I was more interested in the details of Louisville's 3rd and 4th drives.

3rd drive had 13 snaps. 8 rushes (2, 13, 5, 2, 5, 3, 6, 10, 2) and 5 passes (INC, 13, 6, 17, 7). What gaps did they hit? Did we lose an edge on this drive? result was a TD.

4th drive had 7 snaps. 5 rushes (5, 7, 5, 6, 25) and 2 snaps (INC, 18). Result was a TD.

That 4th drive TD run was on the linebackers, Casey specifically, not the D-Line
For as good as he was otherwise, he somehow got wildly out of position and left a massive gap in the defense.

Reactions: DThompson and DANC
Sigh.

they worked us on those

The killer was the long TD where our safeties confused who had the deep guy

But good teams will putvtogether drives against you - you just gotta back

We fought back in the second half on both sides of the ball

Newbie QB’s and newbie portal starters come with a price - it takes a while to gel

The teams with elite QB’s, elite receiver, elite DE’s play for conference championships. The rest of us fight for 7-9 wins and a bowl (which means less and less as the NCAA weakens and conferences toss chaff.)

Calm down, big guy. Lol. . You‘re all over the place in an effort to try to gain a foothold, and none of it’s working for you. Now you’re talking historical talent, awhile ago you were talking portal players and national championships. We lost to a pretty average team today with a decent but not great quarterback, an okay O and D, and decent speed. And they controlled us up front while leading from start to finish. We got going a bit on the second half, but we still can’t reliably run the ball or stop the run, we can’t reliably go down the field in the passing game, and we can’t get stops when we need them. All of that’s largely an issue of not having enough good football players (a lack of talent). You don’t know what you‘re watching and your posts are becoming unhinged. Take a break, watch it again, and let’s rejoin the discussion in a day or two, without your childish name calling.
"
We got going a bit on the second half" lmao A 'bit'? We shut out L-ville in the second half and came within 6 inches of tying it. This is with a QB who is a full-time starter for the first time and a Defense that hasn't ever played together. If you think we're going from last year to suddenly winning close games, you're not very realistic.

Huh. I feel like so far this year, the DL is generating more pressure than I've seen from an IU team in a number of years. Now, that's a low bar to clear but...

Maybe I'm just delusional but what I've seen so far suggests this defense is better in every way than the last couple years.
They'd be a helluva lot better if the refs knew what Holding is.

Or, consider that Allen’s ability to win a 50/50 ballgame is nonexistent. No chance he wins any of those conferences games, even if the offense improves, you cannot win games with a pathetic DL who cannot stop the run or pressure the QB. Once again, a bunch of preseason smoke talking about all these defensive transfers who were going to elevate us up front.
Defense has given up 23 and 21 to two teams who will both finish top 10 in scoring by seasons end. Defense hasn’t been this teams issue and in fact will keep IU in the majority of the games they play this year. Jackson’s maturation as a starting QB will dictate the remainder of the season.

I think it comes down to the defense didn’t get off the field on 3rd down in the 1st half.
There was a chance to stop a TD drive or two.
Maybe IU gets a FG from that extra opportunity.

ST delivered a chance with the onside recovery.
And IU had a chance to tie.
Disappointing, Yes. Travesty, Perhaps not.
Huh. I thought we were blown out? lol

I don't know how anyone can watch that game and not realize we were 6" from playing L-ville to a tie and had momentum.

I feel like this team will improve this year with every game - and that will piss some people off.

And again, my Purdue grad wife agreed I can buy out Allen’s contract if I hit the Powerball tonight. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
You will see the light here in due time as the season goes on.

The DL is slooowww.
Quote from our own staff “we were surprised by their speed.”

Louisville is probably a middle pack ACC program this year.

They were stronger, faster and certainly better coached than anything IU can trot out there. Doesn’t bode well for IU in Big Ten play.
Looking at Louisville’s remaining schedule, if they go any worse than 8-4 Brohm has some serious explaining to do. It’s not out of this realm to think they win 10 games this year and 3/4 of their toughest remaining games are all at home.

Defense has given up 23 and 21 to two teams who will both finish top 10 in scoring by seasons end. Defense hasn’t been this teams issue and in fact will keep IU in the majority of the games they play this year. Jackson’s maturation as a starting QB will dictate the remainder of the season.

I wouldn’t say that the “defense isn’t the issue.” It’s not as big of an issue as the offense and it’s learning curve but I feel the DL is a big weakness on this team and it will reveal itself as the year wears on. Louisville’s OL pretty much did what they wanted with them throughout. No pass rush. Plummer able to be comfortable back there all day. Not gap sound. Cannot detect when the QB is going to flush out and run with it. The most glaring example of that came after we were stopped at the goal line. UL takes over. On one play, Plummer rolls to his right running out of the endzone. Waiting there in open space was Andre Carter, our hyped DE /DT. Now, as Plummer is icoming out, Carter can’t decide if he’s going to tuck and run or try to pass. Carter isn’t really covering a receiver or area of the field. He’s in no man’s land. Instead of taking off after him, he inexplicably turns away to go and try to cover a WR or TE? Plummer sees the only defender out there has turned his attention away from him and he just scoots up the sideline. None of the other guys on the DL seem to do much of anything. Carr occasionally. The rest in the middle are just bodies with none of them being able to really impact a game. I though Carter had a terrible game and UL made our LBs look slow to react. The staff very rarely dials up a blitz. Bill Lynch-like cushions on WRs. I guess because we have been downright awful defensively for two years prior that this defense looks good to people?
Sure it’s better but still will most likely end the season being one of the bottom rung units in the conference. It’s not as solid as everyone here thinks it is.

Reactions: 82hoosier
I wouldn’t say that the “defense isn’t the issue.” It’s not as big of an issue as the offense and it’s learning curve but I feel the DL is a big weakness on this team and it will reveal itself as the year wears on. Louisville’s OL pretty much did what they wanted with them throughout. No pass rush. Plummer able to be comfortable back there all day. Not gap sound. Cannot detect when the QB is going to flush out and run with it. The most glaring example of that came after we were stopped at the goal line. UL takes over. On one play, Plummer rolls to his right running out of the endzone. Waiting there in open space was Andre Carter, our hyped DE /DT. Now, as Plummer is icoming out, Carter can’t decide if he’s going to tuck and run or try to pass. Carter isn’t really covering a receiver or area of the field. He’s in no man’s land. Instead of taking off after him, he inexplicably turns away to go and try to cover a WR or TE? Plummer sees the only defender out there has turned his attention away from him and he just scoots up the sideline. None of the other guys on the DL seem to do much of anything. Carr occasionally. The rest in the middle are just bodies with none of them being able to really impact a game. I though Carter had a terrible game and UL made our LBs look slow to react. The staff very rarely dials up a blitz. Bill Lynch-like cushions on WRs. I guess because we have been downright awful defensively for two years prior that this defense looks good to people?
Sure it’s better but still will most likely end the season being one of the bottom rung units in the conference. It’s not as solid as everyone here thinks it is.
That wasn't Carter - that was #4 - a Freshman. Go back and review the video.

With this program, past results are ALWAYS a predictor of future results. I’m pretty certain of future results seeing this goat rodeo of a staff and coach.
Pretty sure we’ve seen this movie so many times it’s entirely predictable with this coach.
Exactly! Find the real, continuing on and on problem and fire him! Or convince him life will be much better if he resigns.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT