ADVERTISEMENT

It’s been so long since I’ve played Horse that I’ve forgotten the rules.

Radio Zero

All-Big Ten
Dec 9, 2019
Yoknapatawpha County
Also the good strategies to use.

I used to have ice in my veins with a ball in my hand and no-one in my face, but too many decades and tears, too much tobacco, have robbed me of the joy.

I used to have ice in my veins with a ball in my hand and no-one in my face, but too many decades and tears, too much tobacco, have robbed me of the joy.
I used to drive down the left side, go airborne and do a layup on the right side of the rim. My buddies eventually made a rule I couldn't do that because they couldn't hang in the air long enough to do it.

I used to drive down the left side, go airborne and do a layup on the right side of the rim. My buddies eventually made a rule I couldn't do that because they couldn't hang in the air long enough to do it.
We had a rule of no dunking, which didn't make sense because none of us could do it. If I was really on I enjoyed bouncing the ball on the ground to put it in. It's hard to reproduce if it goes in. Shooting behind the basket was always fun too.

WeightyPepperyArmyant-size_restricted.gif

We had a rule of no dunking, which didn't make sense because none of us could do it. If I was really on I enjoyed bouncing the ball on the ground to put it in. It's hard to reproduce if it goes in. Shooting behind the basket was always fun too.
We had the no dunking rule as well, which actually helped me since my younger brother could. I could too, for a couple of years before I discovered Mexican food, but was never confident enough about it to try it in a game of HORSE.

When my kids were younger. and before my oldest could shoot light-out, I had an unofficial rule that I'd chop a letter of of a kid's score if it was too one-sided. Not sure they ever caught on, or at least they didn't say anything.

An Indiana Legend.
One-on-one was my specialty. When I was a sophomore at IU, I came home for the Christmas break and played in the city's one-on-one tournament. One of my first opponents was in his mid-20s. He had played on Purdue's freshman team when Rick Mount and Billy Keller were at Purdue. I beat him and two other opponents to make it to the final four.

I wound up tying for third when I barely lost to an opponent who was a college basketball player. He won the event, by the way.

When I played in it the next year, one of my opponents was about 6-4. It was make it-take it and I had a layup that I thought was going to win the game. I hung in the air and then used the rim to prevent him from blocking my shot, but he somehow managed to still block it. He then made three baskets in a row to beat me. What really shocked me was he was drafted by an NBA team a year or two later.

I loved playing basketball. Unfortunately, the high school coach didn't love my style of play and cut me both my sophomore year after I had made the team and my senior year.

• Love
Reactions: Cavanagh
We had the no dunking rule as well, which actually helped me since my younger brother could. I could too, for a couple of years before I discovered Mexican food, but was never confident enough about it to try it in a game of HORSE.

When my kids were younger. and before my oldest could shoot light-out, I had an unofficial rule that I'd chop a letter of of a kid's score if it was too one-sided. Not sure they ever caught on, or at least they didn't say anything.
Wonderful. Those times with your kids had to be precious. When you mentioned Mexican food it reminded me that I never had Mexican food till I was in the Air Force. We didn't have any mexican restaurants in Washington IN nor mexican food in the stores. Haciendas in Kokomo IN was the first time I had a burrito. Now many years later I can be heard yelling, "Babe, we are almost out of tortillas. Put it on the shopping list". lol How times change.

Reactions: 1987Grad
One-on-one was my specialty. When I was a sophomore at IU, I came home for the Christmas break and played in the city's one-on-one tournament. One of my first opponents was in his mid-20s. He had played on Purdue's freshman team when Rick Mount and Billy Keller were at Purdue. I beat him and two other opponents to make it to the final four.

I wound up tying for third when I barely lost to an opponent who was a college basketball player. He won the event, by the way.

When I played in it the next year, one of my opponents was about 6-4. It was make it-take it and I had a layup that I thought was going to win the game. I hung in the air and then used the rim to prevent him from blocking my shot, but he somehow managed to still block it. He then made three baskets in a row to beat me. What really shocked me was he was drafted by an NBA team a year or two later.

I loved playing basketball. Unfortunately, the high school coach didn't love my style of play and cut me both my sophomore year after I had made the team and my senior year.
I've heard you were the best 6th grader in the state before local coach/parent/school board politics forced you into a life of the written word.

Reactions: UncleMark

There are many good strategies.

Here's an instructional video that will help:

• Love
Reactions: Radio Zero
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT