ADVERTISEMENT

Israel under attack from Hamas

It’s time for some whacko vigilante to start mowing these people down. We need someone to take one for the team & discourage people from feeling it’s safe to sit in the road. We teach or kids early on to stay off the roads when cars are coming.

the spoiled brats are the ones that think it’s ok to block traffic for 90 minutes while people miss work, medical appointments, funerals, flights, whatever the case may be. They need to start feeling some real pain for this.
They are spoiled brats. This stunt isn't going to persuade anyone to their cause. They're being petulant children. And I, too, upon seeing something like this want someone to kick the shit out them. Part of that emotion on my part, though, is that I don't like their message.

More importantly, though, we have laws. We should follow them. That includes how we react to these people. What makes us better than them (among other things) is that we follow the rules. Why let them drag you down to their level?

The Golden Gate bridge was blocked for 5 hours.

I'd like to see you blocked for 90 minutes when you're trying to get somewhere and have someone call you a spoiled brat because you complain about missing your meeting or flight.
Complain about the protesters. Don't demand the impossible from the police.

Only a fraction of those protesting are being arrested. That's on the police.

I sure hope none of the commuters stuck were government employees. Otherwise, democracy would be in peril and we know the FBI puts people away for years for just being present during a protest that stops a government function.

I would bet quite a bit of money that the officers involved would have loved to have roughed these kids up a bit. But they also know they have cameras on them and that the slightest screw up ends up on the news and leads them to going in front of the Police Board and tons of headaches.

Chicago is touchy on this subject partly because of our current administration, but mostly because in the past, Chicago police did some bad shit. We've over corrected, but it's part of the history of the city.

You think this is bad? Wait until the Democrat National Convention in Chicago.
Yeah, that is going to be interesting. Wonder if I should set my kid up down there with his bucket drum and GoPro and try to get some good footage.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
Yeah, that is going to be interesting. Wonder if I should set my kid up down there with his bucket drum and GoPro and try to get some good footage.
Got to have a drum. It's not a real protest without a drum.

Make sure he has a rhyming chant. Anything with "Hey Hey, Ho Ho.......".

Can he chant Death to America in Farsi? Because they're giving lessons on that.

Got to have a drum. It's not a real protest without a drum.

Make sure he has a rhyming chant. Anything with "Hey Hey, Ho Ho.......".

Can he chant Death to America in Farsi? Because they're giving lessons on that.
I don't think those jokers come with cash, though, to pay the busker.

Yet another reason to run them over, I guess.

I mean, if I want to cause a stir, I could have him drum with a MAGA hat on.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: jet812 and DANC
The Golden Gate bridge was blocked for 5 hours.

I'd like to see you blocked for 90 minutes when you're trying to get somewhere and have someone call you a spoiled brat because you complain about missing your meeting or flight.
Problem is the life losers aren't going anywhere...

• Love
Reactions: DANC
But they did enforce the law. The idea that they just stood there and let these protesters do this is a false narrative.
Yes and no. The Golden Gate Bridge was shut down for 4 hours. The road in Chicago was blocked long enough that people felt it was a better use of time to get out and walk. As I said, be Florida. Roll up with the requisite number of officers to arrest everyone, give them a warning to disperse, and in a (short) amount of time if they have not done so, drag their stupid asses off the road and throw them in a paddy wagon and take them downtown. Then hit them with the maximum penalties for being assholes.

Most of these dickheads are team left, so I get the want on some of your guys part to be a little understanding. I don't have that want. I don't care that they eventually got arrested. I care that this was coordinated and they were allowed time to be a public health nuisance. It took 15 minutes (by reports) for Florida to clear their road. That is what people want.

I don't think those jokers come with cash, though, to pay the busker.

Yet another reason to run them over, I guess.

I mean, if I want to cause a stir, I could have him drum with a MAGA hat on.
That would pretty much sign his death warrant.

Yes and no. The Golden Gate Bridge was shut down for 4 hours. The road in Chicago was blocked long enough that people felt it was a better use of time to get out and walk. As I said, be Florida. Roll up with the requisite number of officers to arrest everyone, give them a warning to disperse, and in a (short) amount of time if they have not done so, drag their stupid asses off the road and throw them in a paddy wagon and take them downtown. Then hit them with the maximum penalties for being assholes.

Most of these dickheads are team left, so I get the want on some of your guys part to be a little understanding. I don't have that want. I don't care that they eventually got arrested. I care that this was coordinated and they were allowed time to be a public health nuisance. It took 15 minutes (by reports) for Florida to clear their road. That is what people want.
Why give a warning?

Why give a warning?
"This is an illegal protest, you have 5 minutes to disperse and after that you will all be under arrest."

I give one warning because I am not completely unreasonable. After 5 minutes, drag them off. For those who refuse, pepper spray and drag them off. For those who fight, get dog piled and the drug off. Mayor IUCrazy2 wouldn't let those dipshits hijack a bridge for 4 or 5 hours.

"This is an illegal protest, you have 5 minutes to disperse and after that you will all be under arrest."

I give one warning because I am not completely unreasonable. After 5 minutes, drag them off. For those who refuse, pepper spray and drag them off. For those who fight, get dog piled and the drug off. Mayor IUCrazy2 wouldn't let those dipshits hijack a bridge for 4 or 5 hours.
Mayor McCheese would authorize knocking some heads, too.

No warnings to disperse. Arrest them immediately, as soon as you can respond, and give them maximum sentences for that crime. Even if they are protesting a matter I agree with.

I'm not a cop, but I bet the Chicago police got this cleared up as fast as they reasonably could.

They are spoiled brats. This stunt isn't going to persuade anyone to their cause. They're being petulant children. And I, too, upon seeing something like this want someone to kick the shit out them. Part of that emotion on my part, though, is that I don't like their message.

More importantly, though, we have laws. We should follow them. That includes how we react to these people. What makes us better than them (among other things) is that we follow the rules. Why let them drag you down to their level?
I'd want someone to drag them off the street and arrest them even if I agreed with their cause.

Reactions: 76-1

Well, in fairness, I posted that someone should, but it certainly wouldn’t be me, rather someone already on their level.😉. I agree with you about laws, but I have no confidence in our judicial system these days. Too driven by politics to be effective today.🙁

I'd want someone to drag them off the street and arrest them even if I agreed with their cause.
Doing this would lead me to question if we should even be on the same "team" if I agreed with the cause.

Like you said in another post, protest away. If it is going to be some massive protest that is likely to impede traffic flow, get your permits so traffic can be rerouted in advance and protest away. Pull up and stop in the middle of the road? Get aggressively removed from the road after 1 warning to disperse.

Well, in fairness, I posted that someone should, but it certainly wouldn’t be me, rather someone already on their level.😉. I agree with you about laws, but I have no confidence in our judicial system these days. Too driven by politics to be effective today.🙁
Please explain;' someone already on their level.'

What are you saying?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT