ADVERTISEMENT

Israel under attack from Hamas

If the UN says it, it must be true.

could be some BS there but think big picture: Like Israel, Gaza can't produce enough grains to feed itself. Cut off that supply, which Israel has done, and large numbers of people go hungry. under similar circumstances, Israel would be in the same boat.

you can say "eff em" and that's is your right, but that doesn't mean tens of thousands of people aren't going hungry right now. doesn't take a PHD to do the math. and IMO it just makes fertile ground for more anti-israel/ anti-US terrorists. love it or hate it, that's why this administration is determined to find balance there, supporting Israel conditionally while trying to save some Palestinian lives. it's actually what any "pre-populist movement president" would have done from either political side...

Reactions: JamieDimonsBalls
could be some BS there but think big picture: Like Israel, Gaza can't produce enough grains to feed itself. Cut off that supply, which Israel has done, and large numbers of people go hungry. under similar circumstances, Israel would be in the same boat.

you can say "eff em" and that's is your right, but that doesn't mean tens of thousands of people aren't going hungry right now. doesn't take a PHD to do the math. and IMO it just makes fertile ground for more anti-israel/ anti-US terrorists. love it or hate it, that's why this administration is determined to find balance there, supporting Israel conditionally while trying to save some Palestinian lives. it's actually what any "pre-populist movement president" would have done from either political side...

Fair points.

Hey JDB -- I don't know much about Dennis Ross but this seems like a pretty fair assessment.

I don't know much about him either, but he's got quite a resume. I think it's a huge mistake of Democrats to start trying to push for regime change in Israel. Israelis are generally turning more GOP-friendly because of the support they get (on the ground they liked Trump, GWB more than BO, Biden) vs. criticism.

But, regardless, pushing for calls of Netanyahu to be forced into an election during this period (how many hostages, including Americans, are still being held?), seems counterproductive. The younger generation in Israel is already more secular and anti-Netanyahu (see the protests, his brief outster, etc.). Americans would be just as annoyed if Israelis (or any foreign entity) started calling for special elections on Joe Biden, regardless of their feelings about Biden.

But, what do I know? Maybe Democrats don't want Jewish support or inclusion any longer. Anecdotally, it certainly seems like the long-time alignment of Jews to liberal ideology may be slipping.

Also, he's spot on about the settlements. Remove those and stop the nonsense. Even most Israelis would agree with that.

Shoot the ships that round the Cape of Good Hope … that can’t be allowed to stand …

https://www.understandingwar.org/backgrounder/iran-update-march-20-2024

YemenRangeMarch20%2C2024.png

Israel is probably the only foreign policy issue that moves the needle in American politics, and it's a thorny one for Biden. But polling shows independent voters shifting against Israel, and Bibi going all rage monster will continue that. Israel goes from a dangerous issue to a non-issue for Biden if moderate America decides Bibi is nuts.

Israel is probably the only foreign policy issue that moves the needle in American politics, and it's a thorny one for Biden. But polling shows independent voters shifting against Israel, and Bibi going all rage monster will continue that. Israel goes from a dangerous issue to a non-issue for Biden if moderate America decides Bibi is nuts.

Rage monster? For a retaliatory strike?

It seems Israel is the only one who has enough guts or "chutzpah" to send a message these days. Biden's garbage responses haven't deterred the Houthis from ruining global logistics. He has been an utter failure in foreign policy generally, particularly the ME. Israelis hate him. Arabs hate him.

I think you are giving independents too much credit for caring about the Israeli conflict vs. issues going on domestically (abortion - which favors the Dems, immigrations - favors the pubs).

Reactions: IUCrazy2
Rage monster? For a retaliatory strike?

It seems Israel is the only one who has enough guts or "chutzpah" to send a message these days. Biden's garbage responses haven't deterred the Houthis from ruining global logistics. He has been an utter failure in foreign policy generally, particularly the ME. Israelis hate him. Arabs hate him.

I think you are giving independents too much credit for caring about the Israeli conflict vs. issues going on domestically (abortion - which favors the Dems, immigrations - favors the pubs).
I don't know how much they care, but to the extent they do, it's a problem for Biden so long as they approve of Israel. Increasingly, they don't. I'm not saying it will swing the election. Just saying it helps Biden. Takes away one of his many problems.

I don't know how much they care, but to the extent they do, it's a problem for Biden so long as they approve of Israel. Increasingly, they don't. I'm not saying it will swing the election. Just saying it helps Biden. Takes away one of his many problems.

Fair. With people moderates like Lieberman no longer around, I'm guessing the left has acquired some new votes, similar to the right. Like the American Middle Class, I'd imagine the Independent realm continues to shrink. The question for me in the long-term would be, how often will moderates vote for the other side with a polarizing figure running (e.g., Trump)?

It’s not Bibi. A left wing government would be doing the same.

Bibi is just an easy scapegoat for the dumb and poorly informed.

This sucks, but I wonder what evidence they have that these workers & any civilians were a target. Big difference between targets & collateral damage.
Large round hole in roof, interior burned to a crisp. The other two vehicles were several hundred yards separated from the vehicle most often seen on video.
This cannot be attributed to so-called 'collateral' damage. The vehicles were targeted and destroyed intentionally. The Zionist state considers itself in an existential crisis.
Nothing is off the table.
Nothing.

Ouch. That sucks…
Large round hole in roof, interior burned to a crisp. The other two vehicles were several hundred yards separated from the vehicle most often seen on video.
This cannot be attributed to so-called 'collateral' damage. The vehicles were targeted and destroyed intentionally. The Zionist state considers itself in an existential crisis.
Nothing is off the table.
Nothing.
Thanks for weighing in, but I would consider your posts on Israel to be as objective & accurate as Cosmicbot’s on Republicans.😬

Ouch. That sucks…

Thanks for weighing in, but I would consider your posts on Israel to be as objective & accurate as Cosmicbot’s on Republicans.😬
Why is that? In this case it is obvious that those vehicles were targeted.
Do you not consider Israel engaged in an existential struggle?
What limits exist for Israel?
The US writes the checks, but doesn't exert any influence...
$34 Trillion debt.
Another $Trillion every 95 days,

What are you defending?

Why is that? In this case it is obvious that those vehicles were targeted.
Do you not consider Israel engaged in an existential struggle?
What limits exist for Israel?
The US writes the checks, but doesn't exert any influence...
$34 Trillion debt.
Another $Trillion every 95 days,

What are you defending?
It’s obvious that Israel has nothing to gain from destroying those vehicles. However it happened they weren’t targeted in the traditional sense of the word. That idea isn’t logical. Most likely the drone operator misidentified the vehicles as Hamas and attacked them. This happens in the fog of war.

It’s obvious that Israel has nothing to gain from destroying those vehicles. However it happened they weren’t targeted in the traditional sense of the word. That idea isn’t logical. Most likely the drone operator misidentified the vehicles as Hamas and attacked them. This happens in the fog of war.
Bullshit!
That organization has been operating for some time now, in distinctively marked vehicles, continually monitored by Israeli forces.

The Israeli drone attack system hit three vehicles in a 2400m stretch, on a road designated safe for non military traffic.

No vehicles on that road should be targeted.

Yet here we are!

Bullshit!
That organization has been operating for some time now, in distinctively marked vehicles, continually monitored by Israeli forces.

The Israeli drone attack system hit three vehicles in a 2400m stretch, on a road designated safe for non military traffic.

No vehicles on that road should be targeted.

Yet here we are!
Illogical. What did Israel gain? The answer is nothing. Try thinking.

Is it true the vehicles were destroyed on a road that Israel had designated as "deconflicted" or whatever, and supposedly safe for transporting humanitarian supplies?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT