ADVERTISEMENT

Is your life better than it was 2 years ago?

And do you see much of a chance for seeing people coming together? I sure don’t. This is a time that’s much more polarized than the late 60s.

There seems to be no way for a middle ground on so many issues. Take abortion. You might get a little movement from the pro-life side to accept a 15-week limit. Do you see much movement from the pro-abortion side? WRT the 2nd Amendment I’d wager the gun control folks might give a little more than the gun owners. But most people are so entrenched in their beliefs an positions that I don’t see many people willing to move an inch.

There is no gray anymore.
It's going to take a special leader to reset the tone. I have little hope that will come this cycle. Obama talking about wokeness is a perfect example of what we need. and i don't mean with regards to policies blah blah blah just the tone he adopted and the admonitions he gave re same

That really sucks about your wife. London ain't cheap to make matters even worse. For some reason i thought you were in boca?
I'm from Boca. I met my wife on a penpal site almost 9 years ago. I had a picture of my cat and she asked if it's Persian and then we started chatting.

Yes, it's not cheap. The problem was that if you want to invite your spouse as a student abroad you usually need to be married for more than a year. UK didn't have this stipulation. The other thing was that previously you could file for direct consular filing for a spousal visa in London. Most embassies didn't offer this. I was trying to beat Trump's shenanigans and this was the best way to avoid the typical 1 year processing time for a spousal immigrant visa. So I went to London for a masters. Didn't exactly work out as planned and we were below broke by the time she got here.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
I'm from Boca. I met my wife on a penpal site almost 9 years ago. I had a picture of my cat and she asked if it's Persian and then we started chatting.

Yes, it's not cheap. The problem was that if you want to invite your spouse as a student abroad you usually need to be married for more than a year. UK didn't have this stipulation. The other thing was that previously you could file for direct consular filing for a spousal visa in London. Most embassies didn't offer this. I was trying to beat Trump's shenanigans and this was the best way to avoid the typical 1 year processing time for a spousal immigrant visa. So I went to London for a masters. Didn't exactly work out as planned and we were below broke by the time she got here.
Brutal.

Reactions: toastedbread
Five. NW, SW, Central (TX to Canada Rockies to Missisippi, NW gets to keep CO), SE, NE.

And Goat right? Cuz Goat would strangely show up whenever Lucy goes to the can? Right?
Two countries. The leftos get the coasts, except for Florida. They can also have Chicago and Minneapolis. We get all the rest and a west coast port - Long Beach? - and people get twelve months to relocate to their country of choice if they’re not where they want to be.

Two countries. The leftos get the coasts, except for Florida. They can also have Chicago and Minneapolis. We get all the rest and a west coast port - Long Beach? - and people get twelve months to relocate to their country of choice if they’re not where they want to be.
How about we have a fantasy draft of states by cons and libs here? CBS must have a website for this.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Those of us who have been here a longer time than you know what @toastedbread is referring to, and trust me, his complaints are legit. You'd be best served by ratcheting it down a couple notches before you make yourself look more churlish than you already have.
Churlish - rude in a mean-spirited and surly way: got it.

And do you see much of a chance for seeing people coming together? I sure don’t. This is a time that’s much more polarized than the late 60s.

There seems to be no way for a middle ground on so many issues. Take abortion. You might get a little movement from the pro-life side to accept a 15-week limit. Do you see much movement from the pro-abortion side? WRT the 2nd Amendment I’d wager the gun control folks might give a little more than the gun owners. But most people are so entrenched in their beliefs an positions that I don’t see many people willing to move an inch.

That is because "we" have FINALLY figured out that the only expected movement is that conservatives give a little today, then a little more tomorrow, then a little more the day after and then a little more... and a little more..

The left have been trained and are using the CCP play book. And are always on the "passive offensive". The left, just like the 9/11 pilots, are using our freedoms as weapons against ourselves.
The correction, if you see purple hair, neutralize it. Stop it usage of oxygen.

Reactions: DANC

Legit non-student, non-refugee, and non-illegal immigration is a time consuming. expensive and often frustrating process. Been this way through many different administrations.

It's going to take a special leader to reset the tone. I have little hope that will come this cycle. Obama talking about wokeness is a perfect example of what we need. and i don't mean with regards to policies blah blah blah just the tone he adopted and the admonitions he gave re same
Obama risked nothing talking about wokeness. He probably would have sung a different tune if he had an election to win.

Legit non-student, non-refugee, and non-illegal immigration is a time consuming. expensive and often frustrating process. Been this way through many different administrations.
In most cases spousal immigration isn't if you can show an income and your marriage isn't fraudulent.

I don't know how long you have been around, but most of the regulars know about it.
I remember when you clearly said buh bye to the USA and didn’t have many good things to say about it. I also remember you speaking about your wife’s visa issues, but I don’t recall that she was a spouse at that time—which is a common problem.. Ive heard horror stories about legal immigration from others. All were expensive and/ or delayed lucrative employment. Unless you have favored H1b status, refugee status, or come in illegally, the system is complicated, bureaucratic, expensive, and a mess for many, not just you.

Reactions: DANC and Crayfish57
I remember when you clearly said buh bye to the USA and didn’t have many good things to say about it. I also remember you speaking about your wife’s visa issues, but I don’t recall that she was a spouse at that time—which is a common problem.. Ive heard horror stories about legal immigration from others. All were expensive and/ or delayed lucrative employment. Unless you have favored H1b status, refugee status, or come in illegally, the system is complicated, bureaucratic, expensive, and a mess for many, not just you.
My response is then say bye and go about your life. I dont like some laws I deal with on zoning or whatever but they are the laws where I live so deal with it.

I have made innumerable bad decisions during my 30 years. My wife is the top of the list of the good ones :D And we met all because of my deceased cat :D
Ha. You can’t swing a dead cat without . . . . Never mind. My stoker and I ended up in the same German class at IU. We often wonder what life would be like if we didn’t have that class together.

Reactions: toastedbread

According to this, divisions will worsen as these youngsters leave school and head into their careers. The notion that Democrats seem to be less tolerant of Republicans than Vice versa is not a surprise.

It is a mess. No doubt. But my specific problem was caused by one person and one administration. Fyi, H1Bs are not favored. They are in situations without leverage and are used to lower wages for Americans. The program is a disaster.

• Angry
Reactions: Lucy01
You’re going bankrupt. Dem places make all the money.

Reactions: tbone6004
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT