ADVERTISEMENT

Is the USA a great nation?

I’ll just stick this here

zbrsud1709876473434.jpg

We aren't the ones who didn't allow free elections in our area of responsibility.
Danc, thanks to our chat and some research came across something which was new to me.

This link about the Iron Curtain talks about something which Marshall did before not including the Eastern bloc in the Marshall Plan. According to the link Marshall offered to include the Eastern bloc and Stalin refused his offer.

The in part states the following...

Marshall announced a comprehensive program of American assistance to all European countries wanting to participate, including the Soviet Union and those of Eastern Europe, called the Marshall Plan.[48]

Stalin opposed the Marshall Plan. He had built up the Eastern Bloc protective belt of Soviet-controlled nations on his Western border,[50] and wanted to maintain this buffer zone of states combined with a weakened Germany under Soviet control.

Reactions: DANC
Danc, thanks to our chat and some research came across something which was new to me.

This link about the Iron Curtain talks about something which Marshall did before not including the Eastern bloc in the Marshall Plan. According to the link Marshall offered to include the Eastern bloc and Stalin refused his offer.

The in part states the following...

Marshall announced a comprehensive program of American assistance to all European countries wanting to participate, including the Soviet Union and those of Eastern Europe, called the Marshall Plan.[48]

Stalin opposed the Marshall Plan. He had built up the Eastern Bloc protective belt of Soviet-controlled nations on his Western border,[50] and wanted to maintain this buffer zone of states combined with a weakened Germany under Soviet control.
I didn't know that, either. I just assumed the Marshall Plan was proposed after the Soviets had set up their puppets in Eastern Europe. I didn't realize it was offered to the Eastern bloc.

Thanks for the info!

Reactions: IUINSB and hoot1
FYI - it wasn't the GOP who sent you to live in separate parts of the city. That was all KKK-driven Democrats.

Learn some history.
No you never been red-lined or forced to live in separate parts of the city or go to different high schools . Must be nice.

Neither have you.
Again you do not know me, EX I went to the only All black school in the state of Indiana at the time. The white folks all moved to the suburbs. You have not a clue about my life or the racism . I have faced. You live in a white-bread world of white privilege, consider yourself blessed.

Again you do not know me, EX I went to the only All black school in the state of Indiana at the time. The white folks all moved to the suburbs. You have not a clue about my life or the racism . I have faced. You live in a white-bread world of white privilege, consider yourself blessed.
DANC may indeed be privileged but I highly doubt he is blessed.

No one kept you from going to any school in Indiana. Stop playing the victim.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
No one kept you from going to any school in Indiana. Stop playing the victim.
Again you do not know me, and I will not explain myself to you. Enjoy your whitebread world. YES because of segregation I could not go to any school in Indiana. I'm not a victim, you do not know what I had to do to overcome white privilege.

Again you do not know me, and I will not explain myself to you. Enjoy your whitebread world. YES because of segregation I could not go to any school in Indiana. I'm not a victim, you do not know what I had to do to overcome white privilege.
You could go to any school in Indiana. There was no segregation in Indiana when you were young.

You could go to any school in Indiana. There was no segregation in Indiana when you were young.
no, they just left which is their choice, we had a school built just because whites did not want to go there. one way or another we will always be segregated. The whites all left because they did not want to go to school with us.

no, they just left which is their choice, we had a school built just because whites did not want to go there. one way or another we will always be segregated. The whites all left because they did not want to go to school with us.
That's not segregation

What's not equal about it. You could have moved to any school.
You have no idea of being poor, or the banks saying no or being red-lined to certain neighborhoods only, or about discrimination or housing covenants that direct black or brown people to certain neighborhoods I can not go or move to any school .Go on living in your whitebread world.

• Haha
You have no idea of being poor, or the banks saying no or being red-lined to certain neighborhoods only, or about discrimination or housing covenants that direct black or brown people to certain neighborhoods I can not go or move to any school .Go on living in your whitebread world.
I know what it's like to be poor and your parents not having credit.

There are no housing covenants that ban you from living there because of your skin color.

You can move and go to any school in the US.

Stop playing the victim.

Reactions: jet812
Damn right it is. Greatest country in the world. Endless opportunities. There’s an estimated 3 trillion dollars in gold that HAS NOT BEEN FOUND! What is the cost of starting a gold mining business? About $15. A shovel and a pan and a Home Depot bucket

Get off your couch

For that matter, everyone thinks they are a 'good guy' from ISIS to Afrikaners.

Nobody fights a cause, thinking they are the 'bad guys'. So most empire builders will think they are doing something morally righteous.

This applies to everyone, unless they are afflicted with cognitive dissonance or delusions.

But unfortunately, most of those living in the empire of that time, always think they are morally superior.
Like how the prosperity gospel rationalises your wealth as a measure of your moral worth.

Ultimately, there is always some rationalisation/manipulation that is fed to the people; whether it is fear, lust for power, insecurities, or greed, depending on the motivational buttons in that culture at that time.

NO, HE has forgotten the racist and bigoted views of the GOP. That white men only should rule America, That Black people are not equal, to kill black progress and advancement. We got trump because of POTUS OBAMA
A white supremacist who has no morals or integrity because of white fear. If you are not strong you will lose your country. Deporting Immigrants. Attacking civil rights and voting rights , fronting with black conservatives like Thomas, Scott, Owens, and M Roberson, who lie to black people..
I got a question. Does AA teach that black people are inferior and thus need help? We live in the United States where we are all equal under the law. I would like to find one law on the books which says white people are better than black people. My view is that we are all equal under the law meaning we have the same rights. If a black person gets shot or beat up then the perpetrator should be held to the same account. And it doesn't matter if the black person was hurt by another black person or white person. One issue where I think black people get unfair treatment is in the area of education. Inner city schools are abysmal. If I was black I would call for a bill to allocate funds that go directly to parents of children and then let the black parents decide where the kids will go to school. What this would do is cause crappy schools to get their acts together and kids are not subjugated to having to go to bad schools. Education is the key to getting out of poverty. Another key is to get married and stay married. Raise families together is lacking in white and black households.

Mostly for white people, white affirmative actions. You got housing, banking, and jobs. We were sent to separate parts of the city Ex, redlining We got Jim Crow. YOU guys destroy AA but you got Legacy, your parents and your grandparents College ED, JOBS, LAND, but more than that white power.
You don’t need any of that. In this country money grows on trees. And it doesn’t know whether you’re black white green or brown. Backyard oil. Truffles in the dirt. Burl on trees. Gold in the creeks. Stop making excuses and get. In. The. Woods. Prospect

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and larsIU
Why do you need a bank? You don’t need a loan. You can use mother nature’s atm. Get a used metal detector. Probably $60. That and a strong arm and you own a gold company. Crystallized gold goes for around one mil an ounce

• Sad
Reactions: Willdog7

Took a client to a bank loan officer who was black and was the lead guy in a program designed to help home buyers who had previously been denied a home mortgage loan.

My client had taken on a second job since his loan denial and was anxious to be rewarded for his hard work and increased income.

After reviewing the application the loan officer called me on the phone with "an issue". The issue being my client's loan was being declined because he was working two jobs.

Upon hearing this, I dropped my usual diplomatic persona and said, "Since when is being willing to work two jobs an issue ?"

The real reason I was upset was my thinking the bank had put a store front minority in charge of a program more to improve its image than actually helping folks.

I know what it's like to be poor and your parents not having credit.

There are no housing covenants that ban you from living there because of your skin color.

You can move and go to any school in the US.

Stop playing the victim.
You are so funny,you do not know sh**

• Haha
I got a question. Does AA teach that black people are inferior and thus need help? We live in the United States where we are all equal under the law. I would like to find one law on the books which says white people are better than black people. My view is that we are all equal under the law meaning we have the same rights. If a black person gets shot or beat up then the perpetrator should be held to the same account. And it doesn't matter if the black person was hurt by another black person or white person. One issue where I think black people get unfair treatment is in the area of education. Inner city schools are abysmal. If I was black I would call for a bill to allocate funds that go directly to parents of children and then let the black parents decide where the kids will go to school. What this would do is cause crappy schools to get their acts together and kids are not subjugated to having to go to bad schools. Education is the key to getting out of poverty. Another key is to get married and stay married. Raise families together is lacking in white and black households.
VanPastor they are taking money away from public schools and giving it to the charter. I would love to live in a world where e all our equal but that is simply not true, The gop Supreme Court is the law of the land . They have knocked down voting rights EX Shelby v Holder, They have knocked AA in education but not the military. We can die for our country but not get an equal education. The superior majority legislatures in the South are taking away DEI and any advancements made for black people. EX IN Memphis, they were trying to pass a law to make police more accountable, for police brutality in killing unarmed black men. The state legislature said no. We need more jobs in black communities. We need to reduce the crime. e need banks to lend better than discriminate for fair housing. I bet all the black folks in your city live in one part where city services are poor. We all can not move to the suburbs AA does not teach inferiority it helps open doors that would not normally be open.. Im glad you are open but most white people are not. We can push a broom or mop floors but where are the doctors and lawyers? I worked in a hospital for 30 years plus . I can count on 1 hand how many black doctors so yes we need AA. Im insulted that you think most black people are sex addicts and do not want to be married, That is the same lame excuse for back in the sixties but no one talked about more whites just because of sheer numbers. When welfare started in 1935 it was for whites only, blacks did not qualify. When black fathers wanted to stay in the home , they could not. Discrimination kept them in low-wage or no-wage jobs crime, white people do not want to see, what they did to black families. I lived in Govt housing, where people were on top of each other like rats. A separate HS was built to keep black people in our area. Before all the whites move to the suburbs. They took jobs, schools, city services, and education. but most importantly their tax base. We will never be equal, you guys will not allow it. So yes we need help, you guys have all the businesses, banking, and laws, even in the beginning the founding fathers did not include us.

You don’t need any of that. In this country money grows on trees. And it doesn’t know whether you’re black white green or brown. Backyard oil. Truffles in the dirt. Burl on trees. Gold in the creeks. Stop making excuses and get. In. The. Woods.

Why do you need a bank? You don’t need a loan. You can use mother nature’s atm. Get a used metal detector. Probably $60. That and a strong arm and you own a gold company. Crystallized gold goes for around one mil an ounce
TO BUY A HOUSE TO START GENERATIONAL WEALTH.

Took a client to a bank loan officer who was black and was the lead guy in a program designed to help home buyers who had previously been denied a home mortgage loan.

My client had taken on a second job since his loan denial and was anxious to be rewarded for his hard work and increased income.

After reviewing the application the loan officer called me on the phone with "an issue". The issue being my client's loan was being declined because he was working two jobs.

Upon hearing this, I dropped my usual diplomatic persona and said, "Since when is being willing to work two jobs an issue ?"

The real reason I was upset was my thinking the bank had put a store front minority in charge of a program more to improve its image than actually helping folks.
There are a lot of places with token negroes with no real power.

Its not equal either

Carmel and the Oregon-Davis school corps are wildly different. Both are vastly majority white.

One is rich. One is poor. Do you not believe money makes the bigger difference?

The spend per pupil in Carmel is lower than Oregon-Davis. And Oregon-Davis is in line with IPS (which is wayyy higher) and the metro high schools in Indy (Warren, BD, etc. - which are lower and more closely aligned with Carmel).

And the federal spend is like .3% of the overall dollars flowing in. So, increasing federal money ain't gonna work. Regardless, it's not a money issue.

• Sad
Reactions: Willdog7
Carmel and the Oregon-Davis school corps are wildly different. Both are vastly majority white.

One is rich. One is poor. Do you not believe money makes the bigger difference?

The spend per pupil in Carmel is lower than Oregon-Davis. And Oregon-Davis is in line with IPS (which is wayyy higher) and the metro high schools in Indy (Warren, BD, etc. - which are lower and more closely aligned with Carmel).

And the federal spend is like .3% of the overall dollars flowing in. So, increasing federal money ain't gonna work. Regardless, it's not a money issue.

It's all about socio-economic status rather than race. Poor white trash doesn't do any better than poor blacks.

It's all about socio-economic status rather than race. Poor white trash doesn't do any better than poor blacks.

mostly agree with this but there seems to be some psychological element behind having older relatives who did live through segregation. Kinda like we grow up as characters in the stories our grandparents told our parents. A poor white in the 50s/60s could hit it big, move to an area with better schools, better jobs, better police, better services. Black folks of that time, of any economic means, still mostly could not. that seems to leave a mark on families and, in turn, whole neighborhoods beyond even just being denied accumulation of generational wealth.

we sh*t ourselves when young black people making millions don't think America is so great but we'd probably feel the same if we had been at their kitchen tables growing up listening to their families tell their stories.

The working class with no power who come to work each day to make our capitalist system function and prosper includes people of all colors.
The engine of capitalism is not low skilled, working class labor.

Nor is it or has it ever been labor unions. Such platitudonous assertions may make a certain segment feel good, but it’s patently false.

A poor white in the 50s/60s could hit it big, move to an area with better schools, better jobs, better police, better services. Black folks of that time, of any economic means, still mostly could not.

That's why it's called socio-economic status.

Regardless, race based "solutions" to whatever ails us have, for the most part, been a failure. While we are far from being colorblind still, the impediments that blacks face are mainly cultural and economic, no longer the result of overt racism. I have no idea how one might address the cultural aspects, but programs to address economic inequalities regardless of race would, in my opinion, go a long way toward lifting up the black underclass, owing to their current disproportionate economic disadvantages. It won't hurt if a lot of poor white trailer trash benefit as well.

Capitalism can't survive without it.

On the other hand, without capital being invested the workers wouldn't have the equipment and environment to be productive enough to earn a decent living.

On top of that, we have a government which overtime passes laws and regulations which manages to balance the interests of owners and management along with the interests of workers and consumers.

Our capitalism is a team effort which since the Industrial Revolution has managed to refine itself to work effectively for most of us. Within the team are teammates with special talents and skills which contribute to making the system work while at the same time being dependent on the others.

Breakdowns do occur as we learned in the recent supply chain dilemma, but so far the team manages to resolve these challenges.

Reactions: DANC and UncleMark
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT