ADVERTISEMENT

Is it safe to come back in the water?

IUFan_FWA

Recruit
Dec 3, 2018
hi guys I hope your all doing well. I started posting here last fall and then hung around the basketball page until the losing streak started and then things got too mean and nasty for my taste so I went away for a while. I’m hoping that since basketball has been over for a couple weeks that cooler heads have prevailed and this an ok place to be again. I was going to just wait until fall but the spring game curiosity got the best of me and I had to take a look. It is good to have football to look forward to!

Come on in, water’s warm! Basic catch up:

-Most are excited by the new OC.

-Good playmakers at RB & WR, TBD if Ramsey will be able to hold off Penix or Tuttle in the fall

-LB’s showing signs of real burst with some of young guns coming up.

-DB’s have seemingly 8-9 deep of good athletes on he rise.

-Big Q: Line play, both sides of the ball. Will IU be able to compete with the big boys yet in the trenches.

-Oh, and many (myself included) still want to push for names on Jerseys which was really evident last night how hard it is to know who’s who last night. Some lash out abt hose who even mention this, but other than that, ORD/PU trilling relatively low, and in springtime, IU is potentially undefeated and optimism is flowing for now!

hi guys I hope your all doing well. I started posting here last fall and then hung around the basketball page until the losing streak started and then things got too mean and nasty for my taste so I went away for a while. I’m hoping that since basketball has been over for a couple weeks that cooler heads have prevailed and this an ok place to be again. I was going to just wait until fall but the spring game curiosity got the best of me and I had to take a look. It is good to have football to look forward to!

I talked to a couple people last evening prior to the game. I heard a very ironic comment from 2 of them:

“I was so glad for basketball to be over. I just want to move on to football.”

A long cry from the days of:
“Just wait until basketball season.”

I don’t know if football will be the saving grace for them but it just points to the fact that fans are just looking for a winner, regardless of the sport.

Last edited:
Sampson James vs Ronnie Walker vs Stevie Scott. Anyone have an idea how the carries will be dispersed next year?

How are our wide receivers looking and who looks the best?

Who is leaving?

Reactions: vesuvius13
Sampson James vs Ronnie Walker vs Stevie Scott. Anyone have an idea how the carries will be dispersed next year?

Who is leaving?
For RB's this is just a guess/wish...but would like to see 20/15/10 carries a game between them. Redshirting James because Cole Gest stays healthy is probably a bridge too far but to put distance between Stevie and Sampson would be nice but probably not happen if he is as good and ready as advertised.

What I am hearing for WR's is Hale is looking great and Westbrook is primed for a very good year. Whop is Whop and Hendershot was good last year so no reason to think he will be less this year. Then you have Bjornson and Ivy at TE as well.

ALOT of very good options for the QB...whoever that may be. Depth there as well.

Actually think OL will be good enough for skill position players to reach potential.

No word of anyone leaving.

TomT

Come on in, water’s warm! Basic catch up:

-Most are excited by the new OC.

-Good playmakers at RB & WR, TBD if Ramsey will be able to hold off Penix or Tuttle in the fall

-LB’s showing signs of real burst with some of young guns coming up.

-DB’s have seemingly 8-9 deep of good athletes on he rise.

-Big Q: Line play, both sides of the ball. Will IU be able to compete with the big boys yet in the trenches.

-Oh, and many (myself included) still want to push for names on Jerseys which was really evident last night how hard it is to know who’s who last night. Some lash out abt hose who even mention this, but other than that, ORD/PU trilling relatively low, and in springtime, IU is potentially undefeated and optimism is flowing for now!
I thought Stevie looked in very good shape. Let's keep everyone healthy leading up to the start of the season.

Ramsey did what he typically does. Not bad, but not going to move us to the next level. If we want to break through, we need better QB play and another RB to play along with Scott

For RB's this is just a guess/wish...but would like to see 20/15/10 carries a game between them. Redshirting James because Cole Gest stays healthy is probably a bridge too far but to put distance between Stevie and Sampson would be nice but probably not happen if he is as good and ready as advertised.

What I am hearing for WR's is Hale is looking great and Westbrook is primed for a very good year. Whop is Whop and Hendershot was good last year so no reason to think he will be less this year. Then you have Bjornson and Ivy at TE as well.

ALOT of very good options for the QB...whoever that may be. Depth there as well.

Actually think OL will be good enough for skill position players to reach potential.

No word of anyone leaving.

TomT

Miles Marshall will get a bunch of reps this year if he can hang onto the football. He was voted most improved offensive player going into the game and he has a great frame. He looked great at times and then had some costly fumbles.

I think the real dark horse is Fryfogel. He seems to be the most consistent.

Miles Marshall will get a bunch of reps this year if he can hang onto the football. He was voted most improved offensive player going into the game and he has a great frame. He looked great at times and then had some costly fumbles.

I think the real dark horse is Fryfogel. He seems to be the most consistent.

Fryfogle kind of reminds me of Kofi Hughes. Not elite size, speed, or route running ability, but just a solid all around receiver.

Think Hale is going to use his size and make his case to NFL that he should be in the League. Believe Westbrook can have success with long ball. And Fryfogle is becoming a steady contributor. Whop and some younger WR’s and TE play, with new OC system (and I believe Penix) will leads to a productive passing game next season.

Who is leaving?

Not sure how carries will be split but I can not remember a RB room so deep in talent. Now it's up to the OL to move folks around so our RB's can tear up defenses.

Welcome back. Please understand that the basketball board has a different personality than the football board. You can test your sanity by frequenting the basketball board, but the football board is much more down to earth. To each his own. I prefer the football board, because even going back to high school I have always been more of a football fan than a basketball fan and because I prefer the style of conversation on the football board.

Names on jerseys is a must. Impossible to watch and click looking back at phone every 2 seconds. Sucks.
Well, you could have gone to the official site and printed off the football roster. Put a copy of that in your pocket and you are a happy man.

Last edited:
Well, you could have gone to the official cite and printed off the football roster. Put a copy of that in your pocket and you are a happy man.
Yes, I did printed out a roster every game. It was a pain in the a$$. No reason to not have the players identifiable. This is a very good decision. Yes, I wrote a letter to Fred about it as many others on here did.

Great to have name on back issue resolved. Let’s hope this can unify IUFB fans at leSt on this one issue. Leave the debates to who is playing best or perhaps play calling, but hopefully everyone agrees IU FB appears to be moving in the right direction ahead!

Yes, I did printed out a roster every game. It was a pain in the a$$. No reason to not have the players identifiable. This is a very good decision. Yes, I wrote a letter to Fred about it as many others on here did.
Good work!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT