ADVERTISEMENT

Is Bryant the first player to hit the new scoreboard?

dsmh.gif

Reactions: HOOS13R
Apparently he is.

Other random thoughts:

1) tough break for Hendricks who was great again.

2) there are reasons Joe Maddon is one of the best managers in baseball.

3) I haven't had this much fun watching the Cubs in years.

Reactions: hoosierdug
Apparently he is.

Other random thoughts:

1) tough break for Hendricks who was great again.

2) there are reasons Joe Maddon is one of the best managers in baseball.

3) I haven't had this much fun watching the Cubs in years.
Sutcliffe also gave some props to Schwarber and called him Votto 2.0. Hendricks was terrific too. Worked Zimmerman for a walk, fouling off pitch after pitch.

Sutcliffe also gave some props to Schwarber and called him Votto 2.0. Hendricks was terrific too. Worked Zimmerman for a walk, fouling off pitch after pitch.
Everything I'm reading says Schwarber is going to be the guy behind the plate by 2017, or perhaps even come up and play outfield next year. Either way, they are all in on him, and he looks like the real deal major league player. That's going to be great for IU, and uber fun to watch.

I'd love for him to be able to stay behind the plate. Very few things in the majors are as fun (rare?) as a catcher who can really bat.

Everything I'm reading says Schwarber is going to be the guy behind the plate by 2017, or perhaps even come up and play outfield next year. Either way, they are all in on him, and he looks like the real deal major league player. That's going to be great for IU, and uber fun to watch.

I'd love for him to be able to stay behind the plate. Very few things in the majors are as fun (rare?) as a catcher who can really bat.
I'd love to see him make leaps and bounds in his game behind the plate and expedite that call up. It's hard to fathom how loaded the Cubs are offensively right now. If they could just move Castro for some pitching......

I'd love to see him make leaps and bounds in his game behind the plate and expedite that call up. It's hard to fathom how loaded the Cubs are offensively right now. If they could just move Castro for some pitching......
I'm really going to miss Castro. He's having a decent year, and really seems to enjoy being on the team, but I agree he's gotta go. Either him or Baez. If there are good trading options out there, keeping both is basically just flushing pitching down the toilet.

Rizzo-Bryant-Russell-Baez-Soler-Schwarber are going to be the core of this team going forward, and it's going to be awesome. Just awesome.

No chance Schwarber isn't with the big league team by next year.

He'll get promoted to AAA soon.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT